Announcements/Caps & Gowns
Lincoln Graduation will be here on Oct. 24 & 25 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. for seniors to order announcements and caps and gowns for graduation. They will be set up in front of the trophy cases. Informational packets will be mailed to senior families from Lincoln Graduation. Be watching for the information in the mail.
Senior Picture Deadline Date
Senior pictures for the yearbook are due, Tuesday, October 31, 2017. See link on how to submit your student's (senior photo)
Check to see if your photographer is submitting the photo or if you will need to. Remember that if a picture is not submitted, the yearbook staff will use the student ID photo (if available). Please direct all questions to the Yearbook Advisor at email@example.com or have your student go to room C110 to inquire.
Senior Academic Reminders
- It is YOUR responsibility, if you are transferring from outside LPS, to provide documentation regarding Honor Roll from another school in order to be eligible for LSW 7 Semester Honor Roll. Do NOT wait until the last minute to address this issue.
- If you are graduating early as a JUNIOR, please let Sapphire Munford (main office) know if you would rather be honored at the LSW Honors Convocation with the junior class, or if you would rather be honored at the Senior Honors Program.
- Any academic achievement awarded at the senior honors convocation and/or at graduation are based on a student’s GPA through their seventh semester. Academic achievements, such as Top 3%, are subject to change after the final semester grades are included in the overall GPA. It is important to remember that taking a lighter course load in your final semester could affect your GPA and academic standing.
Government and Politics
As part of this class requirement, students need to fulfill 20 hours of community service. All seniors are required to take Government and Politics their senior year. Seniors have until graduation to complete GoPo (Government & Politics) hours. However, if their hours are not complete by the time the class ends, they will receive an incomplete (Inc) on their report card. This means they will not eligible for Honor Roll/Letter/Pin/7 Semester Honor Roll. Below is a link with information regarding what qualifies for the 20 hours: http://isite.lps.org/dhersh/webextras/gopo/
Due dates for Government and Politics volunteer hours:
- If your student is enrolled in Term 1 Government and Politics, volunteer hours are due: October 13
- If your student is enrolled in Term 2 Government and Politics, volunteer hours are due: December 22
- If your student is enrolled in Term 3 Government and Politics, volunteer hours are due: March 9
- If your student is enrolled in Term 4 Government and Politics, volunteer hours are due: May 24