August 21, 2008 Student Bulletin
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS:
Due to a technical problem with the bar code on
the ID cards that were distributed on Friday, August 15th, all cards
will be re-made and students will receive their corrected ID card the
first day of school. Those students who have not had their ID picture
taken will have their card made before school their first day starting
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Aug 21 & 22 School dismissed at 2:03pm
- Aug 21 School starts for all grades 8:15am
- Aug 21 Preseason girls’ golf banquet 6:30pm
- Aug 22 Kick-Off Tailgate 6:00pm
- Aug 23 Spirit Fest 5:00pm
- Aug 28 FBLA meeting in room B200 at 3:15pm
- Sept 1 NO SCHOOL Labor Day
- Sept 3 Senior Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- Sept 9 Theatre Parent Booster Meeting 7:00pm
- Sept 18 Junior Meeting 10:15am (students only)
- Sept 23 Picture re-takes,
- Sept 23 Forensics New Member Auditions
- Sept 24 MGDE Test
- Sept 24 Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7:00pm
- Sept 24 Junior Parent Meeting 6:30pm
Chicken Nuggets w/roll, BBQ Riblette sandwich or Breaded Pork Sandwich
ACTIVITIES FOR THURSDAY
6:30pm Preseason girls’ golf banquet
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) will have their first meeting Aug. 28 in room B200 at 3:15pm
- Schedule change requests will be available on a limited request for Term 1 due to the following reasons: 1) Replacing a "See Counselor" or a failure; 2) Course misplacement -- i.e. Spanish 3 instead of Spanish 2 or a class that has already been completed; and 3) Meeting a graduation or college entrance requirement. Requests will be accepted on Thursday, August 21st & Friday, August 22nd before or after school unless a "See Counselor" needs to be replaced for Term 1. Students with “See Counselor” may come to the Counseling Center during that time slot. Students will need to report to the classes on the schedules they receive for attendance purposes. The Counseling Center appreciates everyone's assistance with this process.
- EARLY DISMISSAL – All students will be dismissed from school at 2:03pm on Aug. 21 & 22.
- THE 2008 FOOTBALL BOOSTER KICK-OFF TAILGATE will be Friday, August 22 at LSW. From 6 – 7 p.m. Enjoy a tailgate barbeque, purchase football apparel, get your new LSW tattoo, and decorate your car windows to show LSW pride. The pep rally starts at 7:00 p.m. where you will meet the LSW football teams and enjoy the band, cheerleaders and dance team. Be there to show your LSW spirit and get fired up for the first football game against Fremont!
- ID PICTURES If you have not had your ID picture taken you may do so before school beginning at 7:30am on Thursday, Aug. 21st.
- YEARBOOK PICTURES – Re-take picture day will be September 23rd. Watch daily bulletin for more details.
- CLUBS All students are encouraged to be involved in clubs to enhance their connection to Lincoln Southwest. All clubs will meet before or after school at the discretion of the club sponsors and students. Students may sign up for clubs the first week of school. All sign up is done electronically from the school website. The date for signing up is Aug 20 – 26th. All club descriptions along with sponsors’ names and the meeting dates and times are listed on the LSW website.
- SPIRITFEST will be August 23rd, 5:00pm at LSW. Pep Rally, Food and Drinks, Representatives from most LSW sports and activities, opportunity to join Booster Club and a chance for you to reconnect with your old LSW friends and make new ones.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- COLLEGE REP. VISITATION 11th & 12th graders interested in visiting
with college reps. here at LSW may sign up in the Counseling Center
before the visitation date: University of Nebraska Lincoln rep. will be here Wed., September 3rd at 10:00 a.m. College of Hair Design rep. will be here Thurs., Sept. 11th at 1:30 p.m.