May 16, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- May 15 -16 Faculty play
- May 15 Girls Tennis Banquet, 6p.m.
- May 17 Choir Concert, 6p.m.
- May 18 Theatre Banquet
- May 22 Baseball Banquet, 6p.m.
- May 23 Finals; Senior Meal, 12:15p.m., Senior Meeting, 12:45 p.m., Senior Honors, 2p.m.
- May 24 Finals; Last Day of School
- May 24 Track Banquet, 6p.m.
- May 28 Graduation, 12:00 noon at Pinnacle Bank Arena
- May 31 Boys Golf Banquet, 6p.m.
- August 2nd Locker check out/Chrome book distribution – 10th grade (8a.m-11a.m);12th grade (12:30-3:30p.m.)
- August 3rd Locker check out/Chrome book distribution – 11th grade (12:00-3p.m.) 9th grade (4p.m.-7p.m.)
- August 7th Teachers return
- August 10th Locker Check out/Chrome book distribution make up day 8:30 a.m. – 11:30a.m.
- August 11th Open House, 1-3p.m.
- August 14th First day of school for 9th grader student
- August 15th First day of school for 10th, 11th, 12th grade students
Final Exam Schedule
Tuesday, May 23
- 7:50 – 8:55 Final Exam prep
- 9:00-10:30 Block 1 exam
- 10:45-12:15 Block 2 exam
- 12:15-3:30 Make-up if necessary
Wednesday, May 24
- 7:50 – 8:55 Final Exam prep
- 9:00-10:30 Block 3 exam
- 10:45-12:15 Block 4 exam
- 12:15-3:30 Make-up if necessary
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Baylie Day and Noah Groppe- Prize
- 1st in the lunch line
- Anneke Gross - Premiere Parking
- Silver Hawk Fun-Athlon; Swim, Bike, Run. June 10th @ 10:00a.m. 200 yd swim, 7 mile bike course, 2 mile run on the school track. Go to lswbooster.com click on the Fun-Athlon logo to register. Deadline is May 24th Raising money to improve the outdoor space around the track and football field. (install bathrooms, wheelchair access to the track, concession stands and storage for sports.)
- Students, if you were nominated for student council next year, the list is posted outside of A209 for you to check and see if you were selected.
- Would you like to host a student your age from another country for a weekend this summer? Lux Middle School is looking for families to host Japanese students June 24-27, and LSW is looking for families to host students July 28-31. Please stop by A213 and see Cunningham Sensei for more information.
LUNCH FOR: May 16
- Mucho Nachos or Taco Crunch with baked scoops and cornbread
- Breaded chicken sandwich
- Southwest pizza
- Chef salad with roll
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
- Graduation is Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 12:00 Noon at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. All seniors participating in the ceremony must wear a cap and gown ordered from Lincoln Graduation. Please make sure your son or daughter has a cap and gown ordered. Orders can be placed on line at lincolngraduation.com
- Tuesday, May 23rd seniors will be asked to stay after finals for the senior meal at 12:15p.m. Once they are finished with the meal, seniors will be directed to the auditorium for the senior meeting. Upon completion of the senior meeting they will be dismissed to pick up their cap and gowns. Seniors will then return to the auditorium for Senior Honors at 2p.m. Please make sure all fees and fines are paid. Check Studentvue and the cafeteria.
- This message is very important for LPS Seniors (graduates) with data on Google Drive that they wish to take with them. Please encourage EVERY Senior to retrieve this data prior to leaving LPS. Even if they are unsure if they will ever want it, it is very important to grab it NOW. As soon as they leave LPS (even the day after they leave) their files are no longer available to them. Please encourage ALL GRADUATING SENIORS to follow the instructions at http://home.lps.org/training/2016/05/03/export-your-google-drive-data/ prior to graduation.
- 2017 Graduates--Please check the list of potential 2017 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, if there are ANY changes.
Counseling Center Announcements
If you are experiencing a crisis and need immediate assistance or information, you can use these 24/7 resources:
- CenterPointe Crisis Line (Lincoln): 402-475-6695
- Nebraska Family Helpline: 1-888-866-8660
- National Crisis Text Line: text START to 741741 (text charges from your phone carrier may apply)
Summer School registration materials can be found in the counseling center.
Registration dates are as follows:
Week of May 1 - All LPS Students
Week of May 8 - All LPS Students - last day to accept and enter registration at LSW is May 10 at 4 pm. After this point, students and families will need to register at Lincoln NorthStar at the start of summer school.
Please contact your student's counselor to assist in the process of selecting necessary classes. Completed applications (and payment if necessary) can be brought to Mrs. Way, the counseling secretary, for processing.
All in-person classes will be held at Lincoln NorthStar, June 1 - July 14. E-learning will be offered at East, Lincoln High, Northeast, Southeast, North Star or Bryan. If a student is only taking a 3-week e-learning course or needs 3 weeks to complete a course, this will be done only at East High School. If a student desires to take an e-learning course, please indicate the preferred location on the registration form.
If a student plans to be gone for vacation, camps or clinics for 3+ days of summer school, they should not register for classes.
Please contact your student's counselor or the counseling center if you have additional questions about summer school.
Joseph's College is now offering $5 haircuts and $15 pedicures to students! All your student has to do is show us their student ID and they will get this special pricing any day, any time at any of our 7 campuses across the state. The Lincoln campus is at 304 S 11th St, Lincoln, NE 68508
9th grade students- Youth Leadership Lincoln is now accepting applications for 2017-18 program. Applications can be picked up in the main office or download an application from at www.leadershiplincoln.org The application deadline is Friday, May 19 by 5 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
Tickets are now on sale for the 10th all faculty production, ENCORES FROM BROADWAY! Come and watch 14 of your LSW teachers and staff dance and sing some of Broadway’s biggest hits LIVE on stage! Performances are May 15 and 16th @ 7:00p.m. We are asking for a $10.00 donation per ticket. Tickets are available at the Theatre Box Office.
This message is very important for LPS Seniors (graduates) with data on Google Drive that they wish to take with them. Please encourage EVERY Senior to retrieve this data prior to leaving LPS. Even if they are unsure if they will ever want it, it is very important to grab it NOW. As soon as they leave LPS (even the day after they leave) their files are no longer available to them.
Please encourage ALL GRADUATING SENIORS to follow the instructions at http://home.lps.org/training/2016/05/03/export-your-google-drive-data/ prior to graduation.