November 14, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Nov. 15 Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7p.m
- Nov. 16 Volleyball Banquet, 6:30p.m., Commons
- Nov. 18 Winter Sports Picture Day, 7 a.m., Practice gym
- Nov. 21 Blood Drive
- Nov. 22-24 Thanksgiving break – No School
- Dec. 6 Unified Bowling Banquet, 6p.m., Commons
- Dec. 7 - 8 It’s a Wonderful Life performance, 7p.m., auditorium
- Dec. 9 ACT Test
- Dec. 9 It’s a Wonderful Life performance, 7p.m., auditorium
- Dec. 11 Holiday Concert, 6:30p.m., Main gym
- Dec. 14 Adopt-A-Hawk Boutique, 4p.m., commons
- Dec. 14 Jazz/Show Choir Concert, 6:30p.m., auditorium
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Madison Paulson and Alyssa Schmidt- Prize
- Elissa Fuelberth - 1st in Lunch
- Gabe Hessheimer - Premier Parking
- There will be a Hope Venture Club meeting in the Media Center tomorrow after school. Not sure what Hope Venture club is?? Stop by and meet Cynci Petersen, the founder, and find out how you can make a difference to children half way across the World!
- On Tuesday, November 14, join students after school in front of the trophy cases between the commons and the main doors to help clean up the school. The event will last for one hour and students will pick up litter outside of school. It is a great opportunity to help your community. Come for however long you can, and remember to bring warm clothes!
- Looking for something fun to do after school on Thursday? Meet in the commons at 3:15 by the entrance to the cafeteria. FCCLA and Healthy Schools will be hosting a scavenger hunt and pizza party.
LUNCH FOR: November 14, 2017
- Mucho Nachos
- Cheese ravioli in marinara sauce with garlic breadstick
- Cuban panini
- Chef salad with roll
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
- Peru State College Tues., Nov. 14th 10:30 a.m.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Tues., November 14th 9:00 a.m.
- Colorado Christian University Wed., Nov. 15th 1:00 p.m.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Check back later this week or visit the counseling website!
Seniors interested in applying for the Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship are invited to attend an informational workshop on Tuesday, November 14th in the B118 Forum from 2 to 3 p.m. Interested students should sign up in the Counseling Center by Monday, November 13th to receive a pass to the session. Please stop by the Counseling Center with any questions regarding the scholarship or its eligibility requirements.
In need of homework help? The Library holds free help and tutoring with homework in the Academic Resource Center on Tuesdays during PLC and Thursdays after school! The writing center is also available to help with papers and essays for classes.