November 29, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Dec. 6 Unified Bowling Banquet, 6p.m., Commons
- Dec. 7 - 8 It’s a Wonderful Life performance, 7p.m., auditorium
- Dec. 9 ACT Test
- Dec. 9 It’s a Wonderful Life performance, 7p.m., auditorium
- Dec. 11 Holiday Concert, 6:30p.m., Main gym
- Dec. 14 Adopt-A-Hawk Boutique, 4p.m., commons
- Dec. 14 Jazz/Show Choir Concert, 6:30p.m., auditorium
- Dec. 16 Cheer kiddie clinic @ boys basketball game half time
- Dec. 21 Finals, 9a.m- 12:15p.m. Blocks 1 & 2
- Dec. 22 Finals, 9a.m. -12:15p.m. Blocks 3 & 4
- Dec. 25- Jan.5 Winter Break – No school
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Parker Dierking and Brett Cooper - Prize
- Sam Johnson - 1st in Lunch
- Jonah Coleman - Premier Parking
- Guest speaker, Nicole Ruskamp, owner of Colea is coming to talk to the fashion club in B115, come listen.
- Eat, Shop & Be Merry!!! On December 14th, stop by the LSW Holiday Boutique for a variety of tasty treats as well as dining at the soup supper, shop for your holiday gift giving, & enjoy some merry holiday music from Dr. Simpson-Kirkland and the LSW Jazz Band & Show Choir Concert. The LSW Holiday Boutique will be held in the Commons Area from 4 to 8 pm. A portion of each purchases will be donated to LSW's Adopt-A-Hawk program, which assists eligible students & their families during the holidays as well as throughout the school year. To view pics of items available for sale, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/128516271148401/.
LUNCH FOR: November 29, 2017
- Creamy mac and cheese
- Grilled chicken nuggets with croissant
- Cheeseburger paradise sandwich
- Hummus and Mozzarella
- Chef salad with croissant
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
SENIORS! THE DEADLINE FOR SENIOR PHOTOS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST. IF YOU DID NOT SUBMIT A SENIOR PHOTO AND WOULD STILL LIKE TO, PLEASE GET ONLINE AND UPLOAD YOUR PICTURE, EMAIL YOUR PICTURE TO MISS BENSON, OR STOP BY AND SEE MISS BENSON IN C110. AGAIN, THE NEW DEADLINE FOR SENIOR PHOTO SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Check back later this week or visit the counseling website!
Applications to become a LSW Student Ambassador are now available for second semester! Please stop into the Counseling Center to get the application packet, which includes an application, short essay, and two recommendations. Applications are due 12/4; ask Mr. Peterson or a current Ambassador if you have questions about the program or process.
On December 14th, the LSW Holiday Boutique, sponsored by the Boosters. It's an opportunity to eat at the FCCLA soup supper, shop at over 20 vendors' booths, and enjoy holiday music from Dr. Simpson-Kirkland (4-7 pm) & the Jazz Band Concert (7-8 pm) Vendors contribute a portion of their sales to the Adopt-A-Hawk Fund, which is used to purchase gift cards during the holidays for students and families who may be in need of extra assistance. We also use the funds throughout the year to assist students/families as needed! Last year, vendors contributed over $1,000 to the Adopt-A-Hawk Fund.
In need of homework help? The Library holds free help and tutoring with homework in the Academic Resource Center on Tuesdays during PLC and Thursdays after school! The writing center is also available to help with papers and essays for classes.