March 7, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Mar. 8 Finals
- Mar. 9 Finals
- Mar. 12-16 Spring Break
- Mar. 20 Cheer Tryouts, 5:30-7:30p.m. practice gym
- Mar. 20 Boys Basketball Banquet, 6p.m. commons
- Mar. 21 Cheer Tryouts, 5:30-7:30p.m. practice gym
- Mar. 22 Flight Night auditions, 3:30-7:00p.m.
- Mar. 22 Cheer Tryouts, 5:30-7:30p.m.
- Mar. 23 State Debate, 3:30-10:00p.m.
- Mar. 23 Cheer Tryouts, 3:30p.m.
- Mar. 24 State Debate
- Mar. 28 Emerald Dance Tryouts, 5p.m.
- Mar. 28 Wrestling Banquet, 6-8 p.m., Commons
- Mar. 29 Emerald Dance Tryouts, 5p.m. Main Gym
- Mar. 30 No School
- April 2 No School
- April 3 ACT Test- ONLY Juniors attend, no school for 9, 10, & 12 grade students
Final Exam Schedule
Thursday, March 8
- 7:50- 8:55 Final Exam Prep.
- 9:00 – 10:30 Block 1 exam
- 10:45-12:15 Block 2 exam
Friday, March 9
- 7:50- 8:55 Final Exam Prep.
- 9:00 – 10:30 Block 3 exam
- 10:45-12:15 Block 4 exam
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Payton Fallick and Kerra Smid – School Prize
- – 1st in lunch line
- Riley Wise – Premiere Parking
- AP Exams - last day to register is March 9th! ACT for Juniors! Take full advantage of these resources to help prepare your Juniors for the ACT test!
- We hope you can join us for the third show of our 16th Season, “Bend and snap” to our spring musical, LEGALLY BLONDE! Based on the hit Hollywood movie, starring Reese Witherspoon, LEGALLY BLONDE, the musical, takes us on the journey of the famously perky Elle Woods, a fashion savvy, UCLA sorority girl who finds her life turned upside down when she is dumped by her boyfriend, Warner. To prove she is more than just some blonde sorority girl, she follows him to Harvard Law School, where she struggles to fit in and do well. Ultimately, girl power does prevail as she defies expectations and manages to stay true to her delightfully pink personality. Harvard's beloved blonde triumphs on the stage in this fun, upbeat story of self-discovery! LEGALLY BLONDE is everything you could ever want in a high energy, feel good Broadway musical! This production contains some mild language and subject matter that may not be suitable for young children. Performances run for 6 performances over TWO BIG WEEKENDS: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, April 5, 6, 7 & 12, 13, 14, all at 7:00 p.m.
LUNCH FOR: March 7, 2018
- Creamy mac and cheese
- Grilled chicken nuggets
- Cheeseburger paradise sandwich
- Hummus w/cheese sticks and scoops
- Chef salad w/croissant
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
Lincoln Graduation will be here Tuesday, March 27 during the noon hour to distribute announcements to the students who ordered them. They will be located in front of the trophy case. Caps and gowns will be delivered to the school in May and will be distributed after the senior meeting on Tuesday, May 22nd.
Seniors, please check to the spelling of your name on the list on the Attendance/Registrar’s office window. IF there is an error please notify the Registrar.
- University of Minnesota Rochester Tues., May 1st 8:30 a.m.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Fellow Silver Hawks, do you possess a special talent? Come audition for Southwests annual flight night talent show! Auditions are March 21st and March 22 in E-wing. Auditions sign up sheets can be found outside the main office and E-wing. Come show off your singing, dancing, poetry, magic and much more! If you have any questions feel free to ask any student council member.
March 7th is National R-word Day. The R-word is in reference to the word retarded and the R-Word campaign is focused on eliminating the use of that word and the harmful impact it has on others. It is exclusive, offensive, and derogatory! As a starting point toward creating a more inclusive environment, you are able to join this campaign by going to R-word.org and pledging to stop saying the R-word.
Students who were not able to make it to Honors Convocation, please stop by the office and pick up your packet!
Design next year’s back to school T-shirt and submit your idea by April 30th. If your design is picked, you win a free t-shirt! See flyer in the hallways.
In need of homework help? The Library holds free help and tutoring with homework in the Academic Resource Center on Tuesdays during PLC and Thursdays after school! The writing center is also available to help with papers and essays for classes.