March 22, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Mar. 22 Flight Night auditions, 3:30-7:00p.m.
- Mar. 22 Cheer Tryouts, 5:30-7:30p.m.
- Mar. 23 State Debate, 3:30-10:00p.m.
- Mar. 23 Cheer Tryouts, 3:30p.m.
- Mar. 24 State Debate
- Mar. 28 Emerald Dance Tryouts, 5p.m.
- Mar. 28 Wrestling Banquet, 6-8 p.m., Commons
- Mar. 29 Emerald Dance Tryouts, 5p.m. Main Gym
- Mar. 30 No School
- April 2 No School
- April 3 ACT Test- ONLY Juniors attend, no school for 9, 10, & 12 grade students
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- For those who need to take the RGDE you should have already received your pass. Testing will be March 22, so please review your pass and know where you will be testing. Plan on reporting directly to your testing site so that the test may being on time. If you testing 3rd block, please remember to take 1st lunch before reporting to your testing room.
- Attention Art students, during Flight Night there will be an art gallery to display a variety of talents! If you are interested in submitting your art, please pick up an entry form from the office and turn it into Mrs. Hammers in A209 or talk to your English, Art, or Foreign language teachers. All entry forms are due on April 12th.
- This Friday morning we wil have term 4 class meetings. Each grade level will be dismissed to the auditorium over the intercom 5 minutes prior to the start of their meeting. We will cover school safety procedures as well as a few grade specific notes and information.
LUNCH FOR: March 22, 2018
- Creamed turkey and whipped potatoes with roll
- Salisbury steak with roll
- Southwest pizza
- Chef salad w/roll
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
Lincoln Graduation will be here Tuesday, March 27 during the noon hour to distribute announcements to the students who ordered them. They will be located in front of the trophy case. Caps and gowns will be delivered to the school in May and will be distributed after the senior meeting on Tuesday, May 22nd.
Seniors, please check to the spelling of your name on the list on the Attendance/Registrar’s office window. IF there is an error please notify the Registrar.
- Southeast Community College
- (Lincoln, Beatrice, Milford) Wed., April 25th 8:00 a.m.
- University of Minnesota Rochester Tues., May 1st 8:30 a.m.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Fellow Silver Hawks, do you possess a special talent? Come audition for Southwests annual flight night talent show! Auditions are March 21st and March 22 in E-wing. Auditions sign up sheets can be found outside the main office and E-wing. Come show off your singing, dancing, poetry, magic and much more! If you have any questions feel free to ask any student council member.
March 7th is National R-word Day. The R-word is in reference to the word retarded and the R-Word campaign is focused on eliminating the use of that word and the harmful impact it has on others. It is exclusive, offensive, and derogatory! As a starting point toward creating a more inclusive environment, you are able to join this campaign by going to R-word.org and pledging to stop saying the R-word.
Students who were not able to make it to Honors Convocation, please stop by the office and pick up your packet!
Design next year’s back to school T-shirt and submit your idea by April 30th. If your design is picked, you win a free t-shirt! See flyer in the hallways.
In need of homework help? The Library holds free help and tutoring with homework in the Academic Resource Center on Tuesdays during PLC and Thursdays after school! The writing center is also available to help with papers and essays for classes.