April 10, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 10 Dine out – Chik Fil-A to benefit Backpack walk, 5:30-7:30p.m.
- April 11 Parent Teacher Conferences
- April 12-13 Legally Blonde, 7p.m., auditorium
- April 18 NHS induction, auditorium, 8:15a.m.
- April 18 Flight Night rehearsal
- April 20 Flight Night, auditorium
- April 21 Forensic garage sale, commons
- April 21 Theatre plant sale, theatre hallway
- April 23 Scott Middle School and LSW Orchestra Concert, 6p.m.
- April 25 College Signing Day, 8:30a.m. Auditorium
- April 26 Forensic Banquet
- April 28 Prom, 8-11p.m., Pla Mor Ballroom
- April 29 Post Prom, 12a.m-3a.m.
- May 2 Thespian Society Induction, 7p.m.
- May 4 Girls soccer banquet, 6:30p.m., commons
- May 7 Music banquet, 6p.m., commons
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Cora Lewis and Emily McCoy– School Prize
- DJ Kuhn– 1st in lunch line
- Gabriel Davis – Premiere Parking
- Student Council is hosting a boutique next week for all students needing a prom dress or a suit. It will be in the Counseling Center April 10th-13th. Shopping hours are before and after school and during Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Tuesday 4/10: 7:45-8:05am and 3:03p.m. -4:00p.m.
- Wednesday 4/11, 7:45-8:05a.m. and 3:03 -4:00p.m. and during conferences
- Thursday 4/12, 7:45-8:05am and 3:03p.m. -4:00p.m.
- Friday 4/13, 7:45-8:05am and 3:03p.m. -4:00p.m.
- Attention all students planning to take the AP Psychology National Exam on Monday, May 7th…Mr. Schuster will be conducting AP Psychology review sessions every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:15-8:00a.m. in room A114 beginning on Tuesday, April 10th. IF you have any questions please see Mr. Schuster in room A114 or in the A117 TPC.
- Student Council applications are now available for the 2018-2019 school year. Pick up an application from the main office or from Mrs. Hammers. Applications are due April 30th. Come join an organization that prides itself in leadership and service. No late applications will be accepted.
LUNCH FOR: April 10, 2018
- Mucho Nachos
- Cheese Ravioli in marinara with garlic breadstick
- Cuban Panini
- Chef salad w/roll
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
- Seniors interested in speaking at graduation can pick up a form in the main office or Mr. Heimes. Deadline to submit an application is Friday, April 13
- Seniors, please check to the spelling of your name on the list on the Attendance/Registrar’s office window. IF there is an error please notify the Registrar.
- Peru State College Thur., April 12th 9:00 a.m.
- University of Kansas Thur., April 19th 8:30 a.m
- Southeast Community College (Lincoln, Beatrice, Milford) Wed., April 25th 8:00 a.m.
- University of Minnesota Rochester Tues., May 1st 8:30 a.m.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Make Prom a better experience for EVERYONE at LSW by donating to the LSW Prom Market. Students and Staff please donate dresses, accessories, shirts, suits, ties, shoes, heels and any prom attire! Your donations will help students in need at LSW. Bring items to Mrs. Hammers in A209, All items are dues Friday April 6th.
Junior or Seniors bringing an outside guest to prom, must complete a dance form and have it completed and turned in by April 20th. Prom tickets are $15.00 per person. All fines need to paid prior to purchasing a ticket. Check StudentVue periodically as fines do get added.
SHOS leader applications for the 2018-2019 school year are no available from Mrs. Bales in room B204. The application AND teacher references are due by April 13th. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Bales in room B204.
Attention Art students, during Flight Night there will be an art gallery to display a variety of talents! If you are interested in submitting your art, please pick up an entry form from the office and turn it into Mrs. Hammers in A209 or talk to your English, Art, or Foreign language teachers. All entry forms are due on April 12th.