August 21, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Aug. 22 PBIS Bell Schedule
- Aug. 22 Senior Family Meeting @ 6:30p.m.
- Aug. 23 LockDown Drill 9:55 a.m.
- Aug. 23 Theatre- Drama Club meeting, 3:15p.m.
- Aug. 27Choir Parent Meeting
- Aug. 28 Senior Class Panoramic Photo, 8:30a.m. in the main gym
- Aug. 28 Junior Family Meeting at 6:30p.m.
- Sept. 3 No school – Labor Day
- Sept. 6 Blood drive
- Sept. 7 Homecoming Dance, 8-10p.m.
- Sept. 12 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7p.m.
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
– School Prize
– 1st in lunch line
– Premiere Parking
- Dear French students! The application process for Know Your Neighbor Study Tour trip to France is open. The application deadline is September 13th. You can find applications and further information on the LPS World Languages website (Jump Code RMB9), or see Madame Van Zandt in A203.
- Wednesday, August 22 is DECA's First meeting at 7:30 am in Room C208! Come by to learn more about the organization and start signing up for future events and our first leadership conference. Pick up an application from Mrs. Carothers or Mrs. Little in Room C208. Dues are $25.00 for the year! Come join the fun!!!! Join today!
- Current Seniors in National Honor Society, we will have our first meeting of the year will be Thursday, Aug. 23rd at 3:15pm in B101 or Friday Aug. 24 at 7:30a.m. in B101. Questions see NHS President Bryce Winkler or Mrs. Vargas in B101.
- Are you an expert at random trivia? The Quiz Bowl is looking for you! Quiz bowl is a trivia competition where teams of high schoolers engage in a battle of the brains. Our first meeting will be on Wednesday in room 112 right after school. See Mr. Handelman for more details.
- Interested in business and technology? Come build your resume with the Southwest chapter of the Future business Leaders of America! FBLA members participate in school and community service, build professional networks, and compete for chances to win scholarships and cash, yes cash! Come check us out at our first meeting of the year this Thursday at 7:30a.m. in room B200 with Mr. Hinrichs.
LUNCH August 21th
- Muchos Nachos
- Cheeseburger on Bun
- Baja Chicken, Cheese & Rice Burrito
- Chef Salad
- Black Bean Salsa Burger
- Meatless Chef Salad
- Golden Corn
- Shredded Lettuce & Tomato
- Watermelon Cubes
- Diced Peaches
Please check our LSW Calendar for upcoming sporting events and for any updates on the events.
- Savannah College of Art and Design Mon., Aug. 27th 9:00 a.m.
- Union College Fri., August 31st 10:00 a.m.
- Vanderbilt University Wed., Sept. 12th 1:00 p.m.
- University of Denver Mon., Sept. 17th 9:00 a.m
- Columbia University Wed., September 19th 9:00 a.m
- Grinnell College Wed., Sept. 26th 1:00 p.m.
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The United States Senate Youth Program enters its 57th year of providing high school juniors and seniors with an extensive orientation of all branches of the Federal government and the opportunity to receive a $10,000.00 scholarship. The United States Youth Senate Program information and application is no longer be mailed to schools in Nebraska. Information about the program and application is now available online at -http://www.education.ne.gov/ss/USSYP.html Completed applications must be received by the Nebraska Department of Education by 4 p.m., CST, October 3rd, 2018. We cannot accept faxed, scanned, or emailed, applications or answer sheets. Completed applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will have a scholarship test and answer sheet sent to their school. The designated educator at their school will administer the test and will return the test and the answer sheet to NDE no later than 4 p.m., CST, November 1, 2018.
- The Unites State Air Force Academy will host a Forum on Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:30 AM - 5:15 PM. Forums serve as an educational opportunity for students, parents, to learn about the United States Air Force Academy’s 4-year, no-cost college education, cadet life and other opportunities. Academy Admissions Staff, Congressional Staff, and recent graduates will share specific information on the application and congressional nominations processes. Furthermore, attendees may have the opportunity to personally interact with current cadets, recent Air Force Academy graduates, congressional staffers, local Admissions Liaison Officers (ALOs), and representatives from the Air Force Academy Admissions office. This is a chance to receive information on all the Air Force Academy has to offer. Sister Service Academies and AFROTC may also be present to answer questions about their educational opportunities. Pre-registration is encouraged. Day of registration will be available. Check-in runs from 09:30 AM to 1:00 PM when formal briefings begin. Registration is requested: students can text "USAFA" to 41411 or go to https://tinyurl.com/USAFAForum2018COS.
Asian Caucus group will have a brief meeting after school, Aug. 22nd at 3:15 in room A105. Stop by and speak to Mr. Bittle for questions.
Junior and Seniors are welcome to go off campus for lunch. Pay attention to when your lunch ends to avoid losing your open campus privileges. Make sure you’re back in class on time. Freshman and Sophomores have closed campus which means you will need to stay inside the building during your lunch block.