March 27, 2019
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- March 27 Faculty Basketball, 6:30 p.m.
- March 28 Flight Night Auditions, 3:30p.m.
- March 28th Emeralds Dance Team Tryouts, 5p.m. Main gym
- March 29 Flight Night Auditions, 3:30p.m.
- March 29th Emerald Dance Team Tryouts, 5p.m. main gym
- March 29th Hawks Senshu Event- Japanese Club, 6p.m.
- March 30 Electronic Recycle Drive 9a.m.-1 p.m.
- April 2 ACT test for Juniors, No school for 9th, 10th, and 12th
- April 4-6 My Fair Lady Performance, 7 p.m.
- April 10 NHS Induction, 8:15 a.m.
- April 10 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7p.m.
- April 11-13 My Fair Lady Performance, 7 p.m.
- April 18 Blood Drive
- April 19 No School
- April 24 College Signing, 8:15 a.m. Auditorium
- April 24 Flight Night dress rehearsal, 3-6 p.m.
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Grant Huss and Brandy Muffly - School Prize
- Terrah Doremus and Celisa Phillips - Premiere Parking
- The Faculty Staff basketball game is Wednesday! You can vote for who should start for each team. The jump code is Y6O3 (that is the letter O and not a zero) Go vote!
- Do you have creative skills you have always wanted to display? Student Council sponsored Flight Night will feature your submitted piece of art during the program as well as in an art gallery at Intermission. The event is April 27th at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. You are welcome to pick up the form for your artwork from the Main office or in Mrs. Hammer's room A209. Don't forget to submit the form to Mrs. Hammers in room A209 by April 12th, 3:30 p.m.!
- Seniors please make sure you have ordered a cap and gown for Graduation.
- 2019 Graduates-- Please check the list of potential 2019 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Cornell, Registrar, if there are ANY changes.
- Cherry Chicken on Brown Rice
- Hamburger Pizza
- Nebraska Bun
- Chef Salad
- Hummus with Cheese Stick and Savory Pizza Crackers
- Meatless Chef Salad
- Sweet Peas
- Romaine Lettuce Salad
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Simpson College Wed., March 27th 9:00 a.m.
- University of Kansas Thur., April 4th 9:00 a.m.
- Southeast Community College (Lincoln, Beatrice, Milford) Thur., April 4th 10:00 a.m.
- Iowa Western Wed., April 17th 10:00 a.m.
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology Thur., April 30th 10:00 a.m.
Juniors and Seniors - if you're interested in attending one of these college rep visits, sign up to receive a pass by completing the form found in your Class of 2019/Class of 2020 Google Classroom (click for links). You should also be checking this Classroom DAILY for updates, or turn on your Classroom notifications and then check your email DAILY! Ready for a college rep visit? SIGN UP NOW!
Still not sure why you should attend a college rep visit at Southwest? Check out our College Rep Visit FAQ to find out!
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Important information about upcoming scholarship, leadership, and learning opportunities is posted regularly in your grade level Google Classroom. Be sure to check your Class of 2019, Class of 2020, Class of 2021, or Class of 2022 Google Classroom frequently to stay in the know!
Attention College Personal Finance Students from Term 1! Please check the Google Classroom for information about how you can win up to $2,000 through the State & National Finance Challenge competition coming up in a couple weeks. If you have unsubscribed from the classroom see Mr. Hinrichs in B200 before or after school this week.
Have any old LSW gear? Are you a senior looking to get rid of your high school attire before college? Does some of your spirit wear just not fit right anymore? Drop off your new or gently used LSW gear at one of the drop off boxes by the front trophy case, the counseling center, in e-wing, or in the athletic hallway. All the clothes that you donate will go to LSW families in need.
- Attention all 3rd term woodworking students; Please pay your remaining bills and pick up your projects this week! Mr. Hennecke will be in the lab Wednesday and Friday after school for a half hour or so, for you to work on your projects. Please get them completed as soon as possible
- Do you have a talent that you’ve always wanted to show off? Southwest’s annual Talent show is holding auditions on March 28th and 29th from 3:20-7p.m. in the E-wing. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask a student Council member.
- Hawks, you have a chance to nominate and recognize a teacher who helps or helped you SOAR high! If you have an LSW teacher in mind, use the jump code, LSWTEACH to nominate your teacher and recognize them for the great work they do!
- LSW has a year-round food pantry available to all LSW families. Student or parents can fill the form out online— enter jump code BCY3 at lps.org to get there— or stop into the LSW Counseling Center to get set up, either as-needed or on a repeating basis (standing order). There are a number breakfast foods, canned goods, and lots of yummy things to eat right away or keep in your cupboards for later, all for free! Let us know if we can help.
- LSW tiene una despensa de alimentos disponible todo el año para todas las familias de LSW. El estudiante o los padres pueden completar el formulario en línea: ingrese el código de salto BCY3 en lps.org para acceder al formulario, o visite el Centro de Consejería de LSW para registrarse, ya sea según le sea necesario o de forma repetida (orden permanente). Hay una cantidad de alimentos para el desayuno, productos enlatados y muchas cosas deliciosas para comer de inmediato o guardar en sus armarios para más tarde, ¡todo gratis! Déjenos saber si podemos ayudar.