April 3, 2019
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 4-6 My Fair Lady Performance, 7 p.m.
- April 10 NHS Induction, 8:15 a.m.
- April 10 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7p.m.
- April 11-13 My Fair Lady Performance, 7 p.m.
- April 18 Blood Drive
- April 19 No School
- April 24 College Signing, 8:15 a.m. Auditorium
- April 24 Flight Night dress rehearsal, 3-6 p.m.
- April 25 NHS Officer Election, auditorium
- April 25 Forensic Banquet, 6 p.m. commons
- April 27 Speech/Debate Garage sale, commons
- April 27 Flight Night Performance, auditorium
- May 1 Theatre ITS Initiation, 7 p.m.
- May 4 Prom, 8-11p.m. Pla Mor Ballroom
- May 6 Music Banquet, 6 p.m. commons
- May 6-17 AP Testing
YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT SOARING- WAY TO GO!
- Desko Hefley and Kelly Nguyen - School Prize
- Ethan Carstens and Gwen Lane - Premiere Parking
- Congratulations to all our acts for the 2019 flight night sponsored by student council. The flight night acts have been posted outside the main office and in E-Wing. A letter will be sent to you if you made the show with directions for preparation.
- Student council applications are now available for the 2019-2020 school year. Stop by the main office or see Mrs. Hammers for an application today!
- Seniors please make sure you have ordered a cap and gown for Graduation. Not sure if you ordered your cap and gown? Look on the easel in the commons near the trophy case.
- 2019 Graduates-- Please check the list of potential 2019 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Cornell, Registrar, if there are ANY changes.
- Tangerine Chicken on Brown Rice
- Breaded Pork Sandwich
- Fish Melt Sandwich
- Chef Salad
- Crustless Soybutter and Jelly Sandwich
- with Cheese Stick
- Meatless Chef Salad
- Savory Carrots
- Romaine Lettuce Salad
- Strawberry Cup
UPCOMING COLLEGE REP VISITS
- University of Kansas Thur., April 4th 9:00 a.m.
- Southeast Community College (Lincoln, Beatrice, Milford) Thur., April 4th 10:00 a.m.
- Iowa Western Wed., April 17th 10:00 a.m.
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology Thur., April 30th 10:00 a.m.
Juniors and Seniors - if you're interested in attending one of these college rep visits, sign up to receive a pass by completing the form found in your Class of 2019/Class of 2020 Google Classroom (click for links). You should also be checking this Classroom DAILY for updates, or turn on your Classroom notifications and then check your email DAILY! Ready for a college rep visit? SIGN UP NOW!
Still not sure why you should attend a college rep visit at Southwest? Check out our College Rep Visit FAQ to find out!
COUNSELING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Important information about upcoming scholarship, leadership, and learning opportunities is posted regularly in your grade level Google Classroom. Be sure to check your Class of 2019, Class of 2020, Class of 2021, or Class of 2022 Google Classroom frequently to stay in the know!
Hawks, you have a chance to nominate and recognize a teacher who helps or helped you SOAR high! If you have an LSW teacher in mind, use the jump code, LSWTEACH to nominate your teacher and recognize them for the great work they do!
LSW has a year-round food pantry available to all LSW families. Student or parents can fill the form out online— enter jump code BCY3 at lps.org to get there— or stop into the LSW Counseling Center to get set up, either as-needed or on a repeating basis (standing order). There are a number breakfast foods, canned goods, and lots of yummy things to eat right away or keep in your cupboards for later, all for free! Let us know if we can help.
LSW tiene una despensa de alimentos disponible todo el año para todas las familias de LSW. El estudiante o los padres pueden completar el formulario en línea: ingrese el código de salto BCY3 en lps.org para acceder al formulario, o visite el Centro de Consejería de LSW para registrarse, ya sea según le sea necesario o de forma repetida (orden permanente). Hay una cantidad de alimentos para el desayuno, productos enlatados y muchas cosas deliciosas para comer de inmediato o guardar en sus armarios para más tarde, ¡todo gratis! Déjenos saber si podemos ayudar.