September 2, 2009 Student Bulletin - Wednesday
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 2 Science Olympiad Meeting, 3:15-4:15pm
- September 3 FBLA Meeting, 3:10pm in room B200
- September 3 Drama Club Meeting, 3:15pm
- September 3 Theatre Parent Booster Meeting, 7:00pm in the Media Center
- September 3 Senior Parent Meeting, 6:30pm in the Auditorium
- September 4 NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- September 7 Labor Day – No School
- September 7 Student Ambassadors meeting, 4-6:30pm in the Commons
- September 8 Senior ACT info Meeting, 2:15pm, Counseling Center Conference Room
- September 8 Freshman Parent Meeting, 6:30pm
- September 8 Parent Meeting for gifted 9th grade students after freshman parent meeting, 7:30pm in A118 forum
- September 8 Forensics Team Meeting, 6:30pm in the B218 Forum
- September 8 All-Choir Parent Meeting 7:15pm, Show Choir P/M immediately following
- September 9 Key Club Meeting, 3:10pm
- September 12 ACT Test
- September 14 first STAND club meeting, 7:15am in B201
- September 14 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- September 15 Parent Advisory Meeting, 7:00pm
- September 16 Junior Fall Meeting, 10:30am
- September 16 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY Hot Dog, Sub Sandwich, Hamburger Pizza
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Girls Junior Varsity Golf, LE/LHS Triangular, 3:00pm @ Pioneers Golf Course
- Boys Reserve Softball vs. Lincoln Northeast, 4:00pm @ Lincoln Northeast
- Girls Reserve Softball vs. Lincoln Northeast, 5:00pm @ Doris Bair 2
- Girls Reserve Softball vs. Lincoln East, 6:30pm @ Doris Bair 2
ACTIVITIES FOR WEDNESDAY
- Science Olympiad Meeting, 3:15-4:15pm
- Last day to sign up for clubs on the LSW website!
- The LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, will meet Monday mornings in Room B201 at 7:15, beginning on September 14th. If you're interested in the genocide taking place in Darfur, and you want to take action, we would love to see you there. Contact Alie Kloefkorn, Melanie Lorenz, or Mr. Gudgel for more details.
- The LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15pm in room B201. All are invited. We hope to see you there!
- Seniors there will be an ACT information meeting Tuesday Sept. 8th at 2:15 in the Counseling Center Conference Room.
- NHS Chapter Members: There is a chapter meeting on this Friday, September 4th in the Forum A118 @ 7:15 am. Please attend or notify Kala Schwery before the meeting that you cannot attend. The next chapter meeting is Friday, September 18th in Forum A118 @ 7:15 am. All members are required to attend at least 50 % of chapter meetings and activities.
- Student Ambassadors will have a training and meeting on Monday, September 7th from 4-6:30 pm. in the Commons. Bring your favorite food for potluck!
- Wanna be a star? The Southwest Forensics Team will host its first meeting on Tuesday, September 8th at 6:30 pm in the B218 Forum.
- If you have any interest in joining Key Club the first meeting is on Sept. 9th at 3:10pm
- Asian Caucus meets every Wednesday after school until four o’clock in room A105
- Seniors-If you did not purchase a panoramic picture and you still wish to, please stop by the office. The office will take order and payment through Friday, September 11th.
- Students interested in joining Principal Advisory should stop by the office and pick up an application. Applications are due back to the office by Friday, September 18th. Students who were in Principal Advisory last year and wish to continue to be part of this group will need to notify Mrs. Dunn in the office.
- Any girls interested in trying out for Girls Soccer in the spring should plan to attend our Fall Conditioning sessions beginning Wednesday, September 2nd at 3:30 pm. Meet by the trainer’s room. If you are not participating in a Fall Sport at SW, please plan to attend.
- If you are interested in Science Olympiad there is an all-club meeting Wednesday, September 2nd from 3:15-4:15 after school. Hope to see you there!
- The Southwest Wrestling Club will begin on Tuesday, September 15th. Please stop by coach Finley’s classroom, A211, to pick up information for the club and a waiver.
- September 3 FIRST FBLA MEETING - If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Business Leader come to our meeting at 3:10 in room B200. --
- Sign up for Clubs on the LSW website now through Wednesday, September 2. Club descriptions, sponsors, and meeting dates and times are also on the website under Student Life.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- College visits for the month of September:
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Thur., Sept 3rd 10:00 a.m.
- Northwestern College Tues., Sept. 15th 1:00 p.m
- University of Nebraska Kearney Thur., Sept. 17th 10:00 a.m
- Morningside College Thur., Sept. 24th 10:00 a.m.
- Midland Lutheran Tues., Sept. 29th 8:30 a.m.
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.
- Attention SENIORS...who have at least a "B" GPA and participate in a least one school-sponsored sport. You are eligible to apply for the Wendy's High School HEISMAN! You may pick up an information card in the counseling center OR go directly to www.wendysheisman.com to register and begin the application process. Completed applications are due by October 1.
- Apply now for the 2010 OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO! College Scholarship Program. $5,000 to a senior for the college of their choice. Pick up an application in the counseling center OR visit www.ohtheplaces.org
- EducationQuest is a free resource for students & families who are planning for college. Learn more at www.educationquest.org
- Visit www.collegeboard.com for info about the SAT & SAT Subject tests.
- Student-athletes who have previously registered with www.ncaaclearinghouse.net will log in here to transfer information to NCAA's new site.
- New web site for NCAA Eligibility Center is located at www.eligibilitycenter.org