September 4, 2009 Student Bulletin - Friday
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 4 NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- September 7 Labor Day – No School
- September 8 Senior ACT info Meeting, 2:15pm, Counseling Center Conference Room
- September 8 Freshman Parent Meeting, 6:30pm
- September 8 Parent Meeting for gifted 9th grade students after freshman parent meeting, 7:30pm in A118 forum
- September 8 Forensics Team Meeting, 6:30pm in the B218 Forum
- September 8 All-Choir Parent Meeting 7:15pm, Show Choir P/M immediately following
- September 9 Key Club Meeting, 3:10pm
- September 12 ACT Test
- September 13 Ambassadors' Training, 2:30-5pm in the commons
- September 14 first STAND club meeting, 7:15am in B201
- September 14 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- September 15 Parent Advisory Meeting, 7:00pm
- September 16 Junior Fall Meeting, 10:30am
- September 16 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- September 18 NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- September 19 Music Fundraiser-Waffleman, 9:00am
- September 21 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
- September 21 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm in the main gym
- September 21 Junior Parent Meeting, 6:30pm
- September 22 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
LUNCH FOR FRIDAY Mac and Cheese, Breaded Pork Sandwich, Chicken Strip Wrap
SPORTS FOR FRIDAY
- Girls Varsity Golf, Grand Island Invite @ Jackrabbit Run, 9:00am
- Boys Varsity Football vs. Lincoln North Star, 8:00pm @ Seacrest Field
ACTIVITIES FOR FRIDAY
- NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- Ambassadors' Training scheduled for Monday, Sept. 7th has been postponed to allow more time for interviewing candidates for 2009-2010. Our training will be held on Sunday, September 13th from 2:30 pm.-5 pm. in the commons at LSW. Ambassador applicants will be able to sign up in the counseling center for another interview time next week. Please see the sign up with Mrs. Finkhouse
- The LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, will meet Monday mornings in Room B201 at 7:15, beginning on September 14th.
- Seniors there will be an ACT information meeting Tuesday Sept. 8th at 2:15 in the Counseling Center Conference Room.
- NHS Chapter Members: There is a chapter meeting on this Friday, September 4th in the Forum A118 @ 7:15 am. Please attend or notify Kala Schwery before the meeting that you cannot attend. The next chapter meeting is Friday, September 18th in Forum A118 @ 7:15 am. All members are required to attend at least 50 % of chapter meetings and activities.
- Southwest Forensics Team meeting on Tuesday, September 8th at 6:30 pm in the B218 Forum.
- If you have any interest in joining Key Club the first meeting is on Sept. 9th at 3:10pm
- Seniors-If you did not purchase a panoramic picture and you still wish to, please stop by the office. The office will take order and payment through Friday, September 11th.
- Students interested in joining Principal Advisory should stop by the office and pick up an application. Applications are due back to the office by Friday, September 18th. Students who were in Principal Advisory last year and wish to continue to be part of this group will need to notify Mrs. Dunn in the office.
- The Southwest Wrestling Club will begin on Tuesday, September 15th. Please stop by coach Finley’s classroom, A211, to pick up information for the club and a waiver.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- BryanLGH College of Health Sciences will be sponsoring their Fall Career Exploration Day on Saturday October 3rd at 9am. You will have an opportunity to learn about the college's educational programs. Please contact the college by calling 402-481-8697 or 1-800-742-7844, extension 18697 to reserve your spot for this event. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center - C101.
- The University of Nebraska at Kearney will host its 7th Annual Multicultural Scholars and Leaders Day on Wednesday, October 28th from 9am until 3:15pm. . This event is open to all seniors. The deadline for registering for this event is September 30. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center, C101.
- JRs & SRs - United States Senate Youth Program - Possibility of a $5,000 Scholarship and attendance at the Washington Week program. Please apply if you are a student council representative OR a student representative elected or appointed to a district, regional, or state-level civic or education organization. For information and an application, see Mrs. Volker in the counseling center ASAP.
- College visits for the month of September:
- Northwestern College Tues., Sept. 15th 1:00 p.m
- University of Nebraska Kearney Thur., Sept. 17th 10:00 a.m
- College of Hair Design Thur., Sept. 17th 2:00 p.m.
- UNL Food Sciences & Tues., Sept. 22nd 1:00 p.m.
- Technology/Companion Animals
- Morningside College Thur., Sept. 24th 10:00 a.m.
- Dana College Thur., Sept. 24th 9:00 a.m.
- Midland Lutheran Tues., Sept. 29th 8:30 a.m.
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.
- Attention SENIORS...who have at least a "B" GPA and participate in a least one school-sponsored sport. You are eligible to apply for the Wendy's High School HEISMAN! You may pick up an information card in the counseling center OR go directly to www.wendysheisman.com to register and begin the application process. Completed applications are due by October 1.
- Apply now for the 2010 OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO! College Scholarship Program. $5,000 to a senior for the college of their choice. Pick up an application in the counseling center OR visit www.ohtheplaces.org
- EducationQuest is a free resource for students & families who are planning for college. Learn more at www.educationquest.org
- Visit www.collegeboard.com for info about the SAT & SAT Subject tests.
- Student-athletes who have previously registered with www.ncaaclearinghouse.net will log in here to transfer information to NCAA's new site.
- New web site for NCAA Eligibility Center is located at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Check out LSW's Counseling Center web site at http://isite.lps.org/pvolke...