September 12, 2009 Student Bulletin - Monday
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 12 ACT Test
- September 13 Ambassadors' Training, 2:30-5pm in the commons
- September 14 first STAND club meeting, 7:15am in B201
- September 14 GLBTSA meeting, 3:10pm to 4:10pm in A207
- September 14 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- September 15 Parent Advisory Meeting, 7:00pm
- September 16 Junior Fall Meeting, 10:30am
- September 16 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- September 18 NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- September 19 Music Fundraiser-Waffleman, 9:00am
- September 21 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
- September 21 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm in the main gym
- September 21 Junior Parent Meeting, 6:30pm
- September 22 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
- September 25 Picture Retakes
- September 28 Forensics Parent Meeting, 7:00pm
- September 30 WGDE
LUNCH FOR MONDAY Corn Puppies, Breaded Pork Sandwich, Sloppy Joe
SPORTS FOR SATURDAY & MONDAY
- Saturday: Boys Varsity Tennis, Millard West Invite, 8:00am @ Koch Tennis Center
- Monday: Girls Junior Varsity Golf, LSW JV Invite, 9:00am @ Mahoney Golf Course
- Monday: Boys/Girls Varsity Cross Country McConnell Invite, 5:00pm @ Pioneers Park
- Monday: Boys/Girls Junior Varsity Cross Country McConnell Invite, 5:00pm @ Pioneers Park
- Monday: Boys Junior Varsity Football vs. Grand Island, 6:30pm @ Grand Island
ACTIVITIES FOR SATURDAY, SUNDAY & MONDAY
- Saturday: ACT Test
- Sunday: Ambassadors' Training, 2:30-5pm in the commons
- Monday: first STAND club meeting, 7:15am in B201
- Monday: 3v3 Soccer Tournament, 6:00pm
- Monday: GLBTSA meeting, 3:10pm to 4:10pm in A207
- Students taking the ACT Saturday, be at your test site by 7:45 with your Admissions Ticket, Photo ID, 2 Pencils and your Calculator. GOOD LUCK!
- October ACT test registration deadline is next Friday, Sept. 18th. Don't Procrastinate apply ASAP.
- The LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15pm in room B201. All are invited. We hope to see you there!
- Sept. 14th is the first HOSA/LSW Blood Drive of the year. Sign up to donate before and after school with a HOSA member in front entryway Wednesday and Thursday; or contact Mrs. Wiese or Mr. Watt to donate on Monday, Sept. 14th.
- Tickets are on sale NOW for Silver Hawk Theatre's Fall production of THE MIRACLE WORKER. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students. Call or stop by the Box Office (436-1306 ext 66039) and get yours today!
- The LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, will meet Monday mornings in Room B201 at 7:15, beginning on September 14th.
- Students interested in joining Principal Advisory should stop by the office and pick up an application. Applications are due back to the office by Friday, September 18th. Students who were in Principal Advisory last year and wish to continue to be part of this group will need to notify Mrs. Dunn in the office.
- The Southwest Wrestling Club will begin on Tuesday, September 15th. Please stop by coach Finley’s classroom, A211, to pick up information for the club and a waiver.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- LATINO SENIORS: The Heartland Latino Leadership Conference will award a $1,000 academic scholarship for the pursuing of a college education in the State of Nebraska. For an application, please see Mrs. Volker in the Counseling Center. Applications must be postmarked by October 1, 2009
- BryanLGH College of Health Sciences will be sponsoring their Fall Career Exploration Day on Saturday October 3rd at 9am. You will have an opportunity to learn about the college's educational programs. Please contact the college by calling 402-481-8697 or 1-800-742-7844, extension 18697 to reserve your spot for this event. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center - C101.
- The University of Nebraska at Kearney will host its 7th Annual Multicultural Scholars and Leaders Day on Wednesday, October 28th from 9am until 3:15pm. . This event is open to all seniors. The deadline for registering for this event is September 30. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center, C101.
- JRs & SRs - United States Senate Youth Program - Possibility of a $5,000 Scholarship and attendance at the Washington Week program. Please apply if you are a student council representative OR a student representative elected or appointed to a district, regional, or state-level civic or education organization. For information and an application, see Mrs. Volker in the counseling center ASAP.
- College visits for the month of September:
- Northwestern College Tues., Sept. 15th 1:00 p.m.
- University of Nebraska Kearney Thur., Sept. 17th 10:00 a.m.
- College of Hair Design Thur., Sept. 17th 2:00 p.m.
- Concordia University Fri., Sept. 18th 1:30 p.m.
- Buena Vista Mon., Sept. 21st 10:15 a.m.
- UNL Food Sciences & Tues., Sept. 22nd 1:00 p.m.
- Technology/Companion Animals
- Morningside College Thur., Sept. 24th 10:00 a.m.
- Dana College Thur., Sept. 24th 9:00 a.m.
- Midland Lutheran Tues., Sept. 29th 8:30 a.m.
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.
- Attention SENIORS...who have at least a "B" GPA and participate in a least one school-sponsored sport. You are eligible to apply for the Wendy's High School HEISMAN! You may pick up an information card in the counseling center OR go directly to www.wendysheisman.com to register and begin the application process. Completed applications are due by October 1.
- Apply now for the 2010 OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO! College Scholarship Program. $5,000 to a senior for the college of their choice. Pick up an application in the counseling center OR visit www.ohtheplaces.org
- EducationQuest is a free resource for students & families who are planning for college. Learn more at www.educationquest.org
- Visit www.collegeboard.com for info about the SAT & SAT Subject tests.
- Student-athletes who have previously registered with www.ncaaclearinghouse.net will log in here to transfer information to NCAA's new site.
- New web site for NCAA Eligibility Center is located at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Check out LSW's Counseling Center web site