September 18, 2009 Student Bulletin - Friday
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 18 NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- September 19 Music Fundraiser-Waffleman, 8:00am – 11:00am
- September 21 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
- September 21 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm in the main gym
- September 21 Junior Parent Meeting, 6:30pm
- September 22 Forensic Auditions, 3:30pm
- September 22 Prep Show Choir Choreography, 3:30-9:30PM
- September 25 Picture Retakes
- September 28 Forensics Parent Meeting, 7:00pm
- September 30 WGDE
- October 1 WGDE
- October 1 Theatre Fall Play Performance, 7:00pm
- October 2 Theatre Fall Play Performance, 7:00pm
- October 3 Theatre Fall Play Performance, 7:00pm
- October 5 Forensics Team Meeting, 3:15pm
- October 6 Powder Puff Football 7:30pm
- LUNCH FOR FRIDAY Cheese Pizza, Beef and Bean Burrito, Sweet and Sour Chicken on Rice
- SPORTS FOR FRIDAY
- Girls Varsity Golf Fremont/Norfolk Invite, 9:00am @ Norfolk C.C.
- Girls Varsity Volleyball LPS Classic, 3:00pm @ LSW
- Boys Junior Varsity Tennis vs. Lincoln Southeast, 4:00pm @ Lincoln Southeast
- Boys Varsity Football vs. Grand Island, 7:00pm @ Grand Island
ACTIVITIES FOR FRIDAY
NHS Chapter Meeting, 7:15am in Forum A118
- Please keep in mind that other schools are in session until 3:00pm on LSW PLC days. Please do not stop by your middle schools to visit on PLC days or any other days before school is dismissed. Thank you.
- Attention Men's Soccer Athletes, there will be an information and sign up meeting for indoor soccer next Wednesday (9/23) in the A118 forum right after school from 3:15-3:30 pm. If you plan on playing soccer in the spring but unable to attend the meeting, please contact Coach Carpenter prior to the meeting.
- October 10 - Silver Hawk FINE ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR 9-4 p.m. LSW Commons. Over 60 vendors from across the State. $1.00 at the door Concessions provided by LSW Speech & Debate.
- October ACT test registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 18th.
- The LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15pm in room B201. All are invited. We hope to see you there!
- Tickets are on sale NOW for Silver Hawk Theatre's Fall production of THE MIRACLE WORKER. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students. Call or stop by the Box Office (436-1306 ext 66039) and get yours today!
- The LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, will meet Monday mornings in Room B201 at 7:15
- Students interested in joining Principal Advisory should stop by the office and pick up an application. Applications are due back to the office by Friday, September 18th. Students who were in Principal Advisory last year and wish to continue to be part of this group will need to notify Mrs. Dunn in the office.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- Students that will be attending Southeast Community College should enroll for the Compass Placement test that will be administered at LSW On Tuesday, October 20th – 2:15pm – C208. You will need to pre-register and seating is limited. Stop and register at the Counseling Center.
- LATINO SENIORS: The Heartland Latino Leadership Conference will award a $1,000 academic scholarship for the pursuing of a college education in the State of Nebraska. For an application, please see Mrs. Volker in the Counseling Center. Applications must be postmarked by October 1, 2009
- BryanLGH College of Health Sciences will be sponsoring their Fall Career Exploration Day on Saturday October 3rd at 9am. You will have an opportunity to learn about the college's educational programs. Please contact the college by calling 402-481-8697 or 1-800-742-7844, extension 18697 to reserve your spot for this event. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center - C101.
- The University of Nebraska at Kearney will host its 7th Annual Multicultural Scholars and Leaders Day on Wednesday, October 28th from 9am until 3:15pm. . This event is open to all seniors. The deadline for registering for this event is September 30. Questions? Please see Dr. Kirkland in the Counseling Center, C101.
- JRs & SRs - United States Senate Youth Program - Possibility of a $5,000 Scholarship and attendance at the Washington Week program. Please apply if you are a student council representative OR a student representative elected or appointed to a district, regional, or state-level civic or education organization. For information and an application, see Mrs. Volker in the counseling center ASAP.
- College visits for the month of September:
- Concordia University Fri., Sept. 18th 1:30 p.m.
- Buena Vista Mon., Sept. 21st 10:15 a.m.
- Simpson College Tues., Sept. 22nd 1:30 p.m.
- UNL Food Sciences & Tues., Sept. 22nd 1:00 p.m.
- Technology/Companion Animals
- Morningside College Thur., Sept. 24th 10:00 a.m.
- Dana College Thur., Sept. 24th 9:00 a.m.
- Midland Lutheran Tues., Sept. 29th 8:30 a.m.
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.
- Attention SENIORS...who have at least a "B" GPA and participate in a least one school-sponsored sport. You are eligible to apply for the Wendy's High School HEISMAN! You may pick up an information card in the counseling center OR go directly to www.wendysheisman.com to register and begin the application process. Completed applications are due by October 1.
- Apply now for the 2010 OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO! College Scholarship Program. $5,000 to a senior for the college of their choice. Pick up an application in the counseling center OR visit www.ohtheplaces.org
- EducationQuest is a free resource for students & families who are planning for college. Learn more at www.educationquest.org
- Visit www.collegeboard.com for info about the SAT & SAT Subject tests.
- Student-athletes who have previously registered with www.ncaaclearinghouse.net will log in here to transfer information to NCAA's new site.
- New web site for NCAA Eligibility Center is located at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Check out LSW's Counseling Center web site at http://isite.lps.org/pvolke...