March 8, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- March 8 Forensics Team Meeting, 3:15pm
- March 8 Girls Basketball Banquet, 6:00pm
- March 9 Jazz Band Concert, 7:00pm
- March 9 Cheer Tryout Meeting, 8:00pm
- March 10 Cheer Banquet, 6:00pm
- March 11 Theatre Parent Booster Meeting, 7:00pm
- March 11 Vocal Concert, 7:00pm
- March 11 Wrestling Banquet, 7:00pm
- March 13 Host State Basketball Consolation Games, 10:00am
- March 15 Forensics Team Meeting, 3:15pm
- March 15 Band Orchestra Concert, 7:00pm
- March 16 Boys Basketball Banquet, 6:30pm
- March 18 Finals
- March 19 Finals
- March 19 Green & White Affair, 7:00pm
- March 22-26 Spring Break
- March 27 Science Olympiad LSW Invite, 8:00-4:00pm
LUNCH FOR MONDAY
- Foot Long Hot Dog on a Bun, Chicken Teriyaki with Brown Rice, Sausage Pizza
SPORTS FOR SATURDAY & MONDAY
- Saturday: Girls Varsity Basketball State Tournament @ Devaney Sports Center, 2:00 or 7:00pm
ACTIVITIES FOR MONDAY
- Forensics Team Meeting, 3:15pm
- Girls Basketball Banquet, 6:00pm
- Seniors stop by the theatre hallway and pick up your announcements during the noon hour on Thursday or Friday, March 11th or 12th.
- Students and staff, please do not forget the ONE DAY FOR HAITI fundraiser March 8, 2010. Envelopes can be picked up in the main office or the media center.
- A mandatory Cheerleading informational parent meeting is Tuesday March 9th at 8:00pm at LSW in the commons area. All information and paper work will be given at this time. Practice for tryouts will be Monday April 5th- Thursday April 8th. Tryouts will be Friday April 9th beginning at 3:45pm. All questions can be directed to email@example.com
- Alive at 25 is coming to LSW! It encourages young drivers between the ages of 16 and 24 to take responsibility for their driving behavior. The first class will be held on Tuesday, March 9th and Tuesday, March 16th from 2:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in room A-100. Call 483-2511 to register. Tuition is only $25.
- Silver Hawk Theatre Scholarship applications are now available for graduating Seniors - Class of 2010 in the Black Box or counseling center. Please return your application to Mr. Bob by March 9 for consideration. The scholarship will be awarded at the Theatre Banquet in May.
- **2010 GRADUATES** Please check your name on the list posted on the Attendance Office window. The LEGAL name of the student will be printed on 2010 diplomas as they appear on the list. Any changes must be made through Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by June 1.
- LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15pm in room B201.
- LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, meets Monday mornings, B201 at 7:15
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- Juniors, The United States Naval Academy’s 2010 Summer Seminar Program (NASS) applications are being accepted through March 31, 2010. NASS is designed for students who will have just completed their junior year of high school in the summer of 2010. This program is a fast-paced, six-day experience for high-achievers who may be interested in pursuing an appointment to one of the nation’s service academies and serving as a military officer after graduation. NASS is held in three sessions: June 5-10, June 12-17 and June 19-24. Students with questions about NASS and the application process should call 410-293-1858 or visit www.usna.edu/admissions. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2010.
- Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center has Summer Internship opportunities for Sophomore or Junior students that have completed at least two of the following courses: Introduction to Health Occupations, Medical Terminology, Anatomy/Physiology, or Fundamentals of Health Careers
- A Health Occupations Summer camp on June 14th - 18th, 2010 is available for students that have completed the Introduction to Health Occupations class.
- For more information log on to http://www.lps.org/instruction/curriculum/cte/internships/health.html or visit the counseling center.
- “TO DO” LISTS
- For Seniors
- If you haven’t already done so, complete your FAFSA!
- Expect financial aid notifications during March and April.
- Continue applying for scholarships.
- For Juniors
- Register by March 31 for the May 1 SAT.
- Schedule college campus visits.
- Summer Youth Programs @ Auburn University are listed below and are taught by Auburn University faculty. We structure each academic program in such a way that the students participating get to enjoy a learning experience enhanced by fun and entertaining social activities. Consider Auburn University as your camp destination in 2010!
- Architecture Camp -- June 6 - 11, 2010 & July 11 - 16, 2010
- Building Construction Camp -- June 20 - 25, 2010
- Design Camp -- June 13 - 18, 2010
- Musical Theatre Camp -- July 18 - 23, 2010
- Veterinarian Camp -- June 6 - 11, 2010 (Jr.) & June 13 - 18, 2010 (Sr.)
- World Affairs Youth Seminar -- July 18-23, 2010
- CSI: Auburn - Computer Forensics Camp -- July 19-23, 2010
- TIGERs Engineering Camp -- June 6-11, 2010 (Sr.) & June 13-18, 2010 (Jr.)
- For more information visit http://www.auburn.edu/outreach/summercamps/
- Juniors & Seniors: WIN A $500 SCHOLARSHIP – Learn about money management and earn entries to win one of twenty-six $500 scholarships. To enter, register and complete one of Financial Literacy Online’s FREE courses. Complete additional courses and receive an entry for each course you complete! Drawings are held monthly through May 2010. (Course Topics: Budgeting, Contracts, Financing Education, Identity Theft) For more info. about National Student Loan Program (NSLP) call 888-454-4668 or visit www.nslpflonline.org/nebraska
- FOR JUNIORS: If you have a strong academic record and an annual household income of less than $60,000, we encourage you to apply for the QuestBridge's 2010 College Prep Scholarship program by March 29th. Go to www.questbridge.org or see Mrs. Volker in the counseling center.
- We have the following college visits.
- Wayne State Mon., March 8th 8:15 a.m.
- Union College Wed., March 10th 10:00 a.m.
- Bryan LGH College of Health Sciences Thur., March 11th 10:30 a.m.
- Wesleyan Mon., March 15h 9:00 a.m.
- Hastings College Tues., March 16th 9:00 a.m.
- Dana College Fri., April 9th 9:00 a.m.
- SCHOLARSHIPS or search links for these are listed on the Counseling Center Web Page. To get a list of Nebraska-based scholarships that you qualify for, register at ScholarshipQuest (https://www.fes.org/scholarquest/s_login.asp) today and check your account every week for new scholarships going on-line through June 2010.
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.