April 7, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- April 7 Honors Convocation, 8:15am
- April 7 Dance Practice, 3:30pm
- April 7 Cheer Practice, 6:00pm
- April 8 Dance Auditions, 3:30pm
- April 8 Cheer Practice, 6:00pm
- April 8 Theatre Parent Booster Meeting, 7:00pm
- April 9 Cheer Tryouts, 3:45pm
- April 12 11th Grade State Math Test
- April 13 PIV Open House 2-7pm
- April 14 11th Grade State Math Test
- April 14 Theatre Play Performance, 7:00pm
- April 15 Theatre Play Performance, 7:00pm
- April 16 Theatre Play Performance, 7:00pm
- April 16 Pep Rally 9:30am
- April 17 State Science Olympiad Meet at UNL
- April 17 LPS Intramurals-track, 7:00am
- April 17 Theatre Play Performance, 2:00 & 7:00pm
- April 21 DECA Volleyball Tournament, 3:00pm
- April 21 Faculty Basketball game, 7:00pm
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY
- Sub Sandwich, Cheeseburger, French Bread Garlic Pizza
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Boys 9th Grade Baseball vs. Papillion-LaVista, 4:30pm @ LaVista Sports Complex
- Boys Reserve Baseball vs. Papillion-LaVista, 4:30pm @ Papio Bay Baseball Fields
- Boys Reserve Soccer vs. Southeast, 5:00pm @ Abbott 13
- Girls Reserve Soccer vs. Southeast, 5:00pm @ Abbott 14
ACTIVITIES FOR WEDNESDAY
- Honors Convocation, 8:15am
- Dance Practice, 3:30pm
- Cheer Practice, 6:00pm
- ATTENTION SENIORS - More FREE MONEY available. Please check your ScholarshipQuest account @ www.educationquest.org for new scholarship listings each week. This week alone, several thousands of dollars worth of scholarships have been added. If by chance, you do not have a ScholarshipQuest account....see your counselor TODAY! Deadlines are approaching quickly.
- All Seniors: Now is the time to check your lunch account status. If you have a negative balance, you need to take care of it. Please do not wait until the last week of school.
- Advanced Placement United States History Review Sessions
- Who: AP US History Students
- What: Review For the AP US History Exam
- When: April 12, April 19, April 26, May 5
- Time: 7:30 AM
- Where: Room A101
- Why: So you can prepare for this years exam on May 7th!!
- The Lancaster County Election Commission is now accepting applications for students interested in serving as Youth Poll Workers. To qualify for the YES (Youth Election Service) program students must be age 14 – 18, attending High School in Lancaster County, and willing to serve for at least four hours on Election Day, May 11, 2010.The YES program is a great opportunity for students to learn about the election process. If students are interested, please see Social Studies Teacher Alyssa Watson in the A117 TPC.
- Tickets are NOW on sale for PETER PAN, Silver Hawk Theatre's spring musical. April 15, 16, 17 & 22, 23, 24 at 7:00 p.m. AND April 17th at 2:00 p.m. $10 for adults and $8 for students. Come to the theatre box office 8 -4, Monday-Friday when school is in session OR call 436-1335 (direct line) and get yours today!
- **2010 GRADUATES** Please check your name on the list posted on the Attendance Office window. The LEGAL name of the student will be printed on 2010 diplomas as they appear on the list. Any changes must be made through Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by June 1.
- LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, meets Monday mornings, B201 at 7:15
- LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15PM in room B201.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- Juniors and sophomores to begin their college search efforts by attending an upcoming college fair.
- Lincoln College Fair: Tuesday, April 20 6:30 - 8:00 pm Lincoln Northeast High School 2635 North 63rd Street
- Omaha College Fair: Thursday, April 22 6:00 - 8:00 pm Burke High School 12200 Burke Street
- The College Fairs, brought to you by EducationQuest and the Great Plains Association for College Admission Counseling, will feature representatives from Midwest colleges. EducationQuest will conduct financial aid sessions at both events.
- “To Do” Lists
- Continue applying for scholarships.
- Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock in August.
- Start looking for a summer job.
- Register by May 5 for the June 5 SAT
- Register by May 7 for the June 12 ACT
- Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session.
- Start looking for scholarships.
- We have the following college visits.
- Southeast Community College
- Lincoln, Beatrice, Milford Thur., April 8th 1:00 p.m.
- Dana College Fri., April 9th 9:00 a.m.
- University of Wisconsin Tues., April 20th 8:30 a.m.
- SCHOLARSHIPS or search links for these are listed on the Counseling Center Web Page. To get a list of Nebraska-based scholarships that you qualify for, register at ScholarshipQuest (https://www.fes.org/scholarquest/s_login.asp) today and check your account every week for new scholarships going on-line through June 2010.