May 3, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 3 AP Testing-US Govt. & Pol., 8:00am
- May 3 Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm
- May 3-7 Yearbooks on sale
- May 4 AP Testing-Spanish, 8:00am
- May 4 AP Testing-Statistics, 12:00pm
- May 5 AP Testing-Calculus AB, BC, 8:00am
- May 5 Football Freshman Parent Meeting, 7:00pm
- May 6 AP Testing-English Lit, 8:00am
- May 6 AP Testing-German, 8:00am
- May 6 AP Testing-Japanese Language & Culture, 12:00pm
- May 6 Freshmen & Reserve Baseball Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 6 Drama Club meeting, 7:00pm May 7 AP Testing-US History, 8:00am
- May 10 AP Testing-Biology, 8:00am
- May 10 AP Testing-Physics C, Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, 12:00pm
- May 10 Music Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 11 AP Testing-Chemistry, 8:00am
- May 11 AP Testing-Psychology, 12:00pm
LUNCH FOR MONDAY
- Beef Teriyaki on Brown Rice, Sausage Pizza, Orange Chicken on Brown Rice
SPORTS FOR MONDAY
- Boys 9th Grade Baseball; LPS Tournament (5:00/7:00) @ Densmore Field
- Boys Varsity Soccer Districts
- Girls Varsity Soccer Districts
- Girls JV Tennis; Fremont Invite, 8:30am @ Fremont Tennis Courts
- Girls JV Golf; LE/LSE, 3:00pm @ Pioneers Golf Course
- Boys/Girls JV Track & Field; Seward Invite, 3:30pm @ Seward
- Boys Varsity Baseball vs. Northeast, 5:00pm @ Sherman Field
- Boys JV Baseball vs. Northeast, 6:30pm @ Sherman Field
ACTIVITIES FOR MONDAY
- AP Testing-US Govt. & Pol., 8:00am
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm
- Yearbooks on sale
- Just a reminder that there will be a Summer Opportunities Workshop in the Counseling Center @ 2:15pm on Tuesday, May 4. Please come if you are still searching for ideas of how to spend your time this summer!! The information from this workshop is also posted on the Counseling Center Web Page accessible from the LSW Web Site!
- AUDITION MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE for THE LARAMIE PROJECT.
- Auditions for this production will take place on -Monday, May 10 and Tuesday, May 11 - both auditions occurring at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Students trying out need to attend only ONE audition session. Audition materials are available to students at the Theatre Box Office located right beside the Black Box Theatre from 8-4 p.m. CREW AUDITION FORMS need to be returned NO LATER than 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11th. Students are able to check out scripts for 24 hrs. ONLY. No memorization is needed simply be familiar with the parts you want to audition for and what the play is about. Auditions are CLOSED so only interested students are able attend the audition process. No friends or family are permitted to watch. For questions or more information, please call the theatre Box Office at 436-1335.
- Last yearbook sale for $55: May 3-7 before and after school and at Parent/Teacher Conferences. Extra books will be sold at distribution (tentatively scheduled for May 27) for $60.
- Tickets for the Faculty Play are now on sale. $8 for adults and $6 for students.
- All Seniors: Check your lunch account status. If you have a negative balance, take care of it ASAP.
- **2010 GRADUATES** Please check your name on the list posted on the Attendance Office window. The LEGAL name of the student will be printed on 2010 diplomas as they appear on the list. Any changes must be made through Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by June 1.
- LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, meets Monday mornings, B201 at 7:15
- LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15PM in room B201.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- The American Red Cross is accepting applications for employment in our summer swim program in Lincoln. We are taking applications for: Swim Instructor, Certified Water Safety Instructor, Head/Supervisor Certified Water Safety Instructor, Certified Lifeguard. Swimming lessons are held at various swimming pools throughout Lincoln. Application and job descriptions are available at http://www.cornhuskerredcross.org/Swim_Jobs_2010.php
- Camp OK (Olympia Kiwanis) June 6-11, 2010 Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center – near Gretna Nebraska
- The Nebraska-Iowa Kiwanis District started Camp OK in 1989 with a goal of providing an educational camp experience for exceptional youth from NE and IA. For many youth this is their first camp experience. Camp OK continues today with Kiwanis clubs from across NE and IA sponsoring exceptional and deserving youth.
- We're Looking For Counselors Who...
- have a desire and ability to work with youth in the outdoors for extended periods of time
- have a willingness to discover, learn and grow
- are willing to embody activities and habits that are associated with positive role models
- have a willingness to listen, learn, and be considerate of others
- want to have an ABSOLUTE BLAST for a week
- Return completed applications by Friday, May 14th. See Mr. Ernst for details.
- LSW Community Blood Bank Scholarships available!
- Several $500 scholarships are available to LSW graduating seniors. To apply, pick up a scholarship application at the counseling center, or find it online through ScholarshipQuest. The deadline to turn in completed applications is May 6. Questions? See Mrs. Volker in the Counseling Center or Mr. Watt.
- Registration for summer school: April 19-May 28, 2010 students will register at the Counseling Center.
- Students will be scheduled according to the following time line:
- Registration will be open to all grades on May 3rd with current LPS students registering for classes until the week of May 17th when registra¬tion will be done on a first come first serve basis.
- No student registrations will be accepted after May 28th at the high schools. Students wanting to register after this date will need to come to the registration at North Star on June 9, 2010
- • “To Do” Lists
- Continue applying for scholarships.
- Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock in August.
- Start looking for a summer job.
- Register by May 5 for the June 5 SAT
- Register by May 7 for the June 12 ACT
- Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session.
- Start looking for scholarships.
- SCHOLARSHIPS or search links for these are listed on the Counseling Center Web Page. To get a list of Nebraska-based scholarships that you qualify for, register at ScholarshipQuest (https://www.fes.org/scholarquest/s_login.asp)
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.
- Check out LSW's Counseling Center web site