May 13, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 13 AP Testing-World History, Macroeconomics, 8:00am
- May 14 AP Testing-Human Geography, 8:00am
- May 14 Swing Night Dance, 7:00pm
- May 17 Faculty Play, 7:00pm
- May 18 Drama Club Meeting, 3:15pm
- May 18 Faculty Play, 7:00pm
- May 19 Senior Recognition, 8:15am
- May 20 Vocal/Show Choir Concert, 6:30pm
- May 20 Girls Soccer Banquet, 6:30pm
- May 22 Flight Night Rehearsal, 12:00am
- May 24 JV & Varsity Baseball Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 24 Scott Middle School Orchestra & LSW Orchestras, 6:30pm, LSW Bands, 7:30pm
- May 25 Special Olympics Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 26 ITS initiation, 4:15pm
- May 26 Boys Soccer Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 27 Theatre Banquet-Lincoln Station, 6:00pm
- May 27 Track Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 28 Flight Night, 7:00pm
- May 29 Flight Night 7:00pm
- June 1 Athletic Awards Ceremony, 6:00pm
- June 1 Marching Band Spring Parent Meeting, 7:00pm
- June 2 Finals
- June 2 Senior Meeting, 12:30
- June 2 Boys Golf Banquet, 6:00pm
- June 3 Finals, Last day of school!!!!!!
- June 5 Graduation 6:00pm @ Pershing
LUNCH FOR THURSDAY
- Spaghetti & Meat Sauce with Whole Wheat Garlic Bread, Taco Hot Pocket, Turkey Divan With Whole Wheat Garlic Bread
SPORTS FOR THURSDAY
- Boys Varsity Soccer; State Soccer Tournament (Play Kearney), 11:00am @ Morrison Stadium (Creighton University)
ACTIVITIES FOR THURSDAY
- AP Testing-World History, Macroeconomics, 8:00am
- Yearbook sales for students are officially over until they come. Distribution is scheduled for Thursday, May 27 and extra books can be purchased at that time for $60. More information about distribution will be provided the week of May 24. Thank you.
- Any LSW girls interested in playing in the LSW-YMCA Summer Soccer League should see Coach Watson before Wednesday, May 19th.
- Dine-Out with FBLA!! Help us raise funds for our three National Qualifiers by coming out to Culver's on Monday May 24th from 5-7pm. FBLA will receive 10% of the profits.
- Popsicle Sales...Wednesday May 26-Friday May 28th FBLA will be doing their Semi-Annual Popsicle Sales in the commons after school. At 50 cents a piece everyone can afford to come "Get Your Chill On" with FBLA.
- Hawk T-shirts...will also be on sale for the close out price of $6 each at the same booth with the popsicles or you may purchase one through any member. $3 from each t-shirt sale will go to our LSW Special Olympics Team and the other $3 will go to our FBLA National Qualifiers.
- Tickets for the Faculty Play are now on sale. $8 for adults and $6 for students.
- All Seniors: Check your lunch account status. If you have a negative balance, take care of it ASAP.
- **2010 GRADUATES** Please check your name on the list posted on the Attendance Office window. The LEGAL name of the student will be printed on 2010 diplomas as they appear on the list. Any changes must be made through Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by June 1.
- LSW STAND Chapter, Students Taking Action Now; Darfur, meets Monday mornings, B201 at 7:15
- LSW Multicultural Student Caucus will meet every Thursday at 3:15PM in room B201.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- Registration for summer school: April 19-May 28, 2010 students will register at the Counseling Center. Students wanting to register after this date will need to come to the registration at North Star on June 9, 2010
- “To Do” Lists
- Continue applying for scholarships.
- Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock in August.
- Start looking for a summer job.
- Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session.
- Start looking for scholarships.
- SCHOLARSHIPS or search links for these are listed on the Counseling Center Web Page. To get a list of Nebraska-based scholarships that you qualify for, register at ScholarshipQuest (https://www.fes.org/scholarquest/s_login.asp)
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.