May 27, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 27 Yearbook Distribution
- May 27 Theatre Banquet-Lincoln Station, 6:00pm
- May 27 Track Banquet, 6:00pm
- May 28 Flight Night, 7:00pm
- May 29 Flight Night 7:00pm
- June 1 Athletic Awards Ceremony, 6:00pm
- June 1 Marching Band Spring Parent Meeting, 7:00pm
- June 2 Finals
- June 2 Senior Meeting, 12:30 in auditorium
- June 2 Boys Golf Banquet, 6:00pm
- June 2 Girls Tennis Banquet, 6:00pm
- June 3 Finals, Last day of school!!!!!!
- June 5 Graduation 6:00pm @ Pershing
LUNCH FOR THURSDAY
- Homemade Mac & Cheese, BBQ Riblette or Hamburger on a Bun, Chicken Strip Wrap on a Whole Grain Tortilla
SPORTS FOR THURSDAY
ACTIVITIES FOR THURSDAY
- Yearbook Distribution
- Theatre Banquet-Lincoln Station, 6:00pm
- Track Banquet, 6:00pm
- Girls interested in training with the LSW soccer teams should attend our endurance and lifting summer program beginning June 7th at SW from 9:00-10:00 am. For more information see Coach Watson's website.
- Yearbook Distribution: Thursday, May 27 beginning 4th block for students who don't have a class and continuing after school until about 4 p.m. Extras will also be sold at this time for $60 on a first come basis. Distribution will occur in the hallway by the weight room. Yearbook distribution and sales will continue Friday, May 28 at 7:30 before school and after school until about 3:30. Books will be sold from the bookkeeper's office at that time. Students must show photo IDs to pick up their books. Yearbook will work from a master list of sold books, but students are asked to locate receipts and/or cancelled checks if any questions arise. No books will be distributed before these times.
- Seniors-Please make sure you have ordered your cap and gown. A new list has been posted on the main office window. Please make sure your name is on the list if you wish to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Seniors-All fines including nutrition services and media center fines will need to be paid before you can receive your diploma. Please check with the bookkeeper to make sure.
- Students from Senmatsu High School will be visiting Lincoln Southwest on Saturday, July 3rd! We are looking for student volunteers to serve as ambassadors for this event. We will only need you for a couple of hours. Please sign up with Ms. Dunn in the main office if you would like to help with this exciting opportunity!
- Popsicle Sales...Wednesday May 26-Friday May 28th FBLA will be doing their Semi-Annual Popsicle Sales in the commons after school. At 50 cents a piece everyone can afford to come "Get Your Chill On" with FBLA.
- Hawk T-shirts...will also be on sale for the close out price of $6 each at the same booth with the popsicles or you may purchase one through any member. $3 from each t-shirt sale will go to our LSW Special Olympics Team and the other $3 will go to our FBLA National Qualifiers.
- All Seniors: Check your lunch account status. If you have a negative balance, take care of it ASAP.
- **2010 GRADUATES** Please check your name on the list posted on the Attendance Office window. The LEGAL name of the student will be printed on 2010 diplomas as they appear on the list. Any changes must be made through Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by June 1.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- Registration for summer school: April 19-May 28, 2010 students will register at the Counseling Center. Students wanting to register after this date will need to come to the registration at North Star on June 9, 2010
- “To Do” Lists
- Continue applying for scholarships.
- Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock in August.
- Start looking for a summer job.
- Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session.
- Start looking for scholarships.
- SCHOLARSHIPS or search links for these are listed on the Counseling Center Web Page. To get a list of Nebraska-based scholarships that you qualify for, register at ScholarshipQuest (https://www.fes.org/scholarquest/s_login.asp)
- Updates from the Counseling Center are available at www.twitter.com/LSWCounselors.