December 2, 2010 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Dec. 7 – Parent Teacher Conference 4-7 p.m.
- Dec. 9 -11th - White Christmas Performance 7 p.m.
- Dec. 11 – White Christmas 2 p.m.
- Dec. 16 – Pep Rally 9:30 a.m.
- Dec. 16- 18th –White Christmas Performance 7 p.m.
- Dec. 22nd – Last Day before Winter Break
LUNCH FOR THURSDAY
- Breaded Chicken Sandwich on a whole wheat bun, BBQ Beef Riblette Sandwich on a whole wheat bun or Sub sandwich
SPORTS FOR THURSDAY
- Boys Varsity & JV Basketball – Early Bird Tournament 4:00 p.m.
- Girls Varsity & JV Basketball – Early Bird Tournament 4:00 p.m.
- Varsity Swimming @ Lincoln East – 4 p.m.
- December "To Do" List for College Bound Students
- Submit College Application
- Estimate FAFSA results using the College Funding Estimator at EducationQuest.org.
- Continue to apply for scholarships
- Check out our financial aid videos and podcasts! View the Guide to College funding video at EducationQuest.org. to learn about completing the FAFSA, view The FAFSA Made Easy or listen to these two podcasts: 'The FAFSA...What is it, anyway?" "Preparing for the FAFSA"
- Research College choices
- Register by December 23rd for the January 22nd SAT
- Register by January 7th for the February 12th ACT.
- For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation
- Please think about participating in the Giving Tree. It is an event that we started last year where we team up with Cedars which is a non profit organization that helps improved the lives of abused, neglected and otherwise vulnerable children and their families. The giving tree is an event in which we receive a list of 100 kids and their gift list we then hang them on a Christmas tree in the commons. If you are interested in purchasing gifts for a kid you can contact one of our sponsors Mrs. Watson (email@example.com) or Ms. Handa (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a member of student council.
- Learn the basics of Financial Aid and how to complete the FAFSA
- Follow these steps to connect to the Webinar via the Internet: Type the URL listed under the date you wish to participate OR call 800-666-3721 and EducationQuest will email the link to you. Enter the password: Presentation
- You may also participate in a FAFSA Q & A Session, Saturday, Feb. 26th from 9-12. Call 800-666-3721 with questions about the FAFSA and the financial aid process. Questions about the Webinar Q& A Session? Call 800-666-3721 or email email@example.com
- Seniors heading to Southeast Community College:
- SCC Admissions staff will be at LSW on December 7th at 2:15 p.m.in the B120 lab, to assist seniors in submitting applications for scholarships and admissions. Students will need to register in the Counseling Center by Monday, December 6th. Students will need to have access to a valid working e-mail address, their Social Security number, a mailing address and phone number. Students wishing to apply for admission should also bring a transcript.
- 2011 Student Council applications will be available on Friday, Nov. 19th in the Main Office. Applications are due Wednesday, Dec. 1st by 3:30 p.m. in the Main Office.
- Sophomores interested in Youth Leadership Lincoln Participation Requirements
- All student applicants should consider the following:
- Participants must attend the entire opening retreat Friday, February 4th & Saturday, February 5th, 2011. Attendance is required for the entire two day, one night retreat....NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Participants must attend one full-day seminar a month February thru May. Attendance is required at 80% of the programming hours involved in those seminars.
- All participants are expected to be actively involved in a group community service project.
- Tuition for participation is $250. Scholarships are available.
- The Youth Leadership Lincoln Selection Process
- Orientation Session – Any interested applicant must attend an orientation session before submitting an application.
- Application – Students may apply for participation in their tenth grade year. See Mr. Ernst if interested ASAP!
- Tickets ARE NOW ON SALE for WHITE CHRISTMAS - Silver Hawk Theatre's winter musical. $10 for adults $8 for students. Call the Box Office at 436-1335 for reservations and information.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- The following colleges will have representatives here on the following dates:.
- Thursday, Dec. 2nd – University of Omaha – 10 a.m.
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION is available at:
This is also accessible from the LSW web page (http://lsw.lps.org/). Click on 'Counseling Center' under Popular Pages, then 'Planning for after High School', and finally 'Paying for College-Financial Aid & Scholarships'.