April 1, 2011 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- April 1st – Dance Team Auditions 3:30 p.m.
- April 1st – Class Meetings
- April 2nd - Science Olympiad State Meet @ UNL
- April 4th- 8th - Cheer Tryouts 6 p.m.
- April 5th – Primary Election
- April 6th – Honor Convocation
LUNCH FOR FRIDAY
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich or Chicken Parmesan
SPORTS FOR FRIDAY
- Boys Varsity Golf @ Grand Island – 9:30 a.m.
- Boys Reserve Baseball @ East – 5 p.m.
- Boys Reserve Soccer @ North Star – 5 p.m.
- Girls Reserve Soccer @ North Star – 5 p.m.
SPORTS FOR THE WEEKEND
- Boys Varsity Baseball @ Papillion – 10 a.m.
- Boys JV Baseball @ Papillion – 10 a.m.
- Boys 9th Grade Baseball – 11 a.m.
- Boys Varsity Soccer – 11 a.m.
- Boys JV Soccer – 11 a.m.
- Girls Varsity Soccer – 11 a.m.
- Girls JV Soccer – 11 a.m.
- Seniors: Seniors need to start checking their account balances in the cafeteria. If you have money in your account, please try to use it by the end of the year. If you have a negative balance, these need to be taken care of before the last week of school.
- This message is from the Counseling Center at Lincoln Southwest High School to invite students, parents and guardians to the Lincoln Area College Fair on Tuesday, April 5 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. The Lincoln Area College Fair will have over 40 midwest colleges represented. This is a great time for students and parents to ask questions of college representatives and explore the many options available to students. Representatives from EducationQuest will also be available to answer college planning and financial aid questions. Lincoln Northeast High School is located at 2635 North 63rd Street. We hope you will take advantage of this college fair opportunity on Tuesday, April 5 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Please contact the Lincoln Northeast High School Counseling Center for questions.
- Girls trying out for the Emeralds Dance Team need to meet in the main gym by 3:30 p.m. on both Thursday, March 31st, and Friday, April 1st.
- 2011 Graduates — Please check the list of 2011 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 2, if there are ANY changes.
- BryanLGH College of Health Sciences is hosting their 3rd health Career Summer Camp. Offering you a fun way to experience a hands-on introduction to the medical field and careers. It is July 18-22 at BryanLGH College of Health Sciences in Lincoln, NE. The cost is $250 (plus $50 non-refundable deposit required at application) There are 10 scholarships available at: www.bryanlghcollege.edu. More information is available at 402-481-8697 or 402-481-8698 or email: email@example.com
- Indian Education is planning an event for all high school Native American students on April 1st. We hope to inspire the students with messages from Native American speakers, as well as college representatives. LPS transportation to take the students in the morning from their home school to UNL’s East Campus and return them to school, all within the 8-3 school day. Lunch will be provided. For more information contact Kris Ross, Indian Education Advocate at 436-1940.
- TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE for the Spring Comedy – YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU. Cost is $8 for adults and $6 for Students. Performances are April 14,15,16 at 7 p.m. Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335 for tickets and information!
- Advanced Placement United States History Review Sessions
- Who: AP US History Students
- What: Review for the AP U S History Examn
- When: The next 7 Monday’s (excluding March 14 & 21)
- March 7 – Strategy & Unit I
- March 28 – Unit II
- April 4 – Unit III
- April 11 – Unit IV
- April 18 – Unit V & VI
- April 25 – Unit VII
- May 4 – Unit VIII & IX
- Time: 7:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Room A101
- Why: So you can prepare for this years exam on May 6th!
- Yearbook sales occurring last week are officially over. The next yearbook sale is May 2-6 during 4th term Parent/Teacher conference week. We will sell before and after school as well as at conferences on May 3. Yearbooks are now $60.
- Looking for the right college? Meet with representatives from Midwest colleges and attend a financial aid session. Tuesday, April 5th 6-8 p.m. @ Lincoln Northeast High School, 2635 N. 63td St.
- LSW students16 years or older can sign up for the SCC Automotive Camp that will be held June 10th and 11th at SCC Milford. There are 60 spots and they are open on a first come bases. The cost that includes everything is $25. Interested students should call Rick Morphew at 402-761-8317. Registration deadline is May 6th, 2011.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
The following colleges will have representatives here on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 30th – Iowa Western Community College 10:45 a.m.
- Monday, April 4th – Nebraska Wesleyan 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 5th – Kansas State 1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7th – Bryan LGH College of Health Sciences 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 8th – ITT Tech 10 a.m.
College Bound Students March “To Do” List
___ If you haven’t already done so, complete your FAFSA!
___ Expect financial aid notifications during March and April.
___ Continue applying for scholarships.
___ Register by March 4 for the April 9 ACT.
___ Register by April 8 for the May 7 SAT.
___ Schedule campus visits