April 12, 2011 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- April 14-16th – Spring Play “You Can’t Take It With You”
- April 15th – Pep Rally
- April 18th – NESA-R Testing
- April 18th – NSAA District Music Contest
- April 18th – Volleyball Meeting – Incoming Freshmen 6 p.m.
- April 19th – Steve Hayman – Apple Engineer to speak at LSW – 6:30
- April 20th – NESA-R Testing
- April 20th – Faculty Basketball Game – 7 p.m.
- April 22nd – No School
- April 27th – NHS Induction 8 a.m.
- May 3rd – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- Dear Friends, Colleagues and Previous Particpate “2” Graduate Attendees; a friendly reminder about this Thursdays (April 14th) African-American Scholar, Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s) Empowerment session, “A Scholar’s Summer Blueprint to Success!” NO RSVP Necessary!!!
- Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Where: LPSDO (5901 O Street)
- Time: 5:15 – 6:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 – 6:15 p.m. Participate “2” Graduate African-American Scholars of the Year
- 6:15 – 8:00 p.m. “A Scholar’s Summer Blueprint to Success!”
- Students will have the opportunity to learn about the college admissions process and liberal arts experience at NWU. They will enjoy lunch on us, tour campus and be able to meet with various academic departments. To reserve your spot, contact Carrie: 402-465-2218 or 800-541-3818 ext. 2218 or email@example.com.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Breaded Chicken Sandwich, Cheesy Taco Pasta or BBQ Riblette Sandwich
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Boys JV Baseball – 5 p.m.
- Boys Reserve Baseball – 5 p.m.
- Boys JV Golf – 3 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Soccer @ Millard – 4:30 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Tennis – 4 p.m.
- Girls JV Tennis @ Pius X – 4 p.m.
- Girls Reserve Tennis – 4 p.m.
- JV Track @ Lincoln High – 3 p.m.
- Students interested in detasseling this summer can find information in the Counseling Center.
- Steve Hayman, an Apple engineer, is scheduled to speak at the ITFP April 19th to discuss software development for the iPod, iPhone & iPad. Please call 402-436-1776 or email Joel Sunderman @ firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
- Current high school juniors and seniors: The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) announced the availability of applications for the 2011 Nebraska Agricultural Youth Institute (NAYI). “Each year NAYI provides Nebraska youth with the opportunity to explore the agricultural industry and the career paths that are available to them in the future,” said NDA Director Grag Ibach. “NAYI is a wonderful opportunity for the selected delegates to network with current and future agricultural leaders and to strengthen their appreciation for the agriculture industry.” Applications can be obtained from high school guidance counselors, and agricultural education teachers. Those interested can also contact the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 800-422-6692 to receive an application, or visit www.agr.ne.gov to fill out an application on-line. Applications are due April 15, 2011
- Seniors: Seniors need to start checking their account balances in the cafeteria. If you have money in your account, please try to use it by the end of the year. If you have a negative balance, these need to be taken care of before the last week of school.
- 2011 Graduates — Please check the list of 2011 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 2, if there are ANY changes.
- Advanced Placement United States History Review Sessions
- TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE for the Spring Comedy – YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU. Cost is $8 for adults and $6 for Students. Performances are April 14,15,16 at 7 p.m. Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335 for tickets and information!
Who: AP US History Students
What: Review for the AP U S History Exam
When: The next 7 Monday’s (excluding March 14 & 21)
March 7 – Strategy & Unit I
March 28 – Unit II
April 4 – Unit III
April 11 – Unit IV
April 18 – Unit V & VI
April 25 – Unit VII
May 4 – Unit VIII & IX
Time: 7:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
Where: Room A101
Why: So you can prepare for this years exam on May 6th!
- Yearbook sales occurring last week are officially over. The next yearbook sale is May 2-6 during 4th term Parent/Teacher conference week. We will sell before and after school as well as at conferences on May 3. Yearbooks are now $60.
- LSW students16 years or older can sign up for the SCC Automotive Camp that will be held June 10th and 11th at SCC Milford. There are 60 spots and they are open on a first come bases. The cost that includes everything is $25. Interested students should call Rick Morphew at 402-761-8317. Registration deadline is May 6th, 2011.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
College Bound Students April “To Do” List
____ Continue applying for scholarships
____ Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock
____ Start looking for a summer job
____ Register by April 8 for they May 7 SAT
____ Register by May 6 for the June 11 ACT
____ Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session
____ Start looking for scholarships