April 25, 2011 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- April 19th – Steve Hayman – Apple Engineer to speak at LSW – 6:30
- April 20th – NESA-R Testing
- April 20th – Faculty Basketball Game – 7 p.m.
- April 22nd – No School
- April 27th – NHS Induction 8 a.m.
- May 3rd – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- May 4th – NESA-S Testing
- May 5th – 8th Grade Visit
- May 5th – Drama Club Meeting
- May 7th – Prom 8-12 p.m.
- May 9th – Music Banquet
- May 11th – Freshman/Reserve Baseball Banquet
- May 13th – Swing Night Dance 6 p.m.
- May 16th – Faculty Play Performance
- May 17th – Faculty Play Performance
- May 18th – Senior Recognition
- May 18th – Boys Soccer Banquet
- May 19th- Girls Soccer Banquet
- May 19th – 22nd – Science Olympiad Nationals – Madison, WI
LUNCH FOR MONDAY
- Pepperoni Pizza, Breaded Beef Sandwich or Chicken Fajita Wrap
SPORTS FOR MONDAY
- Varsity Baseball – 5 p.m.
- JV Baseball – 6:30 p.m.
- 9th Grade Baseball – North Star – 5 p.m.
- Boys JV Soccer – 5 p.m.
- Girls JV Soccer – 5 p.m.
- Girls Reserve Soccer – Pius – 6 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Tennis – Millard – 8:30 a.m.
- It is time to sign up for the Blood Drive next week! Sign up is going on now through Tuesday, April 16th. The Blood Drive is on Wednesday and Thursday of next week. See Mrs. Wiese before school in B101, or sign up in your classes a s the sign up sheets come to you! The will also be available during lunch on Friday and Monday. Also, Seniors don’t forget to apply for the Nebraska Community Blood Bank Scholarship. The amount of scholarships available are a direct result of the LSW Blood Drive participation. For every pint of blood collected at the blood drive, $10 is put towards the scholarships!The Siemens Foundation is pleased to announce that the application and registration instructions for the 2011-12 Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology will be available on line at www. Siemens-foundation.org beginning April 29th. Students have the opportunity to win over $100,000 in college scholarship funds. 2012 high school seniors are eligible to enter individual research projects in the competition and all high school students are eligible to enter projects as part of a two or three member team. For more information visit www.siemens-foundation.org.
- Youth Leadership Lincoln applications are now available in the Main/Guidance Office for 9th grade students. The program provides an interactive, hands-on experience to build leadership skills and a life-long commitment to community service. The application deadline is Friday, May 20th, 2011, so get working on your application today!
- Congratulations to Mark Yuen and Thomas Tammen. Their wheel chair basketball team won the 2011 Varsity Division National Championship. Stop by the trophy case in the front lobby to check out their trophy case in the front lobby and check out their trophy, hats, medals & jerseys.
- Get your POST Prom Tickets early! They will be sold Tuesday, April 19th and Wednesday, April 20th AFTER SCHOOL!! Tickets are $15 for singles and $25 for a couple. Get your tickets early and get registered for great prizes! We’ll be giving away a free tux rental from Tip Top Tux for the guys and a mani pedi for the girls!
- 2011 Summer School Registration Information:
- Week of April 18: Registration open for LPS 12th grade students only
- Week of April 25: Registration open for LPS 11th & 12th grade students only
- Week of May 2: Registration open for all current LPS students
- Week of May 9: Registration open for all current LPS students
- Week of May 16: Registration open for all current LPS students & resident non-LPS students
- May 20: Last day of Registration for all LPS students and resident non-LPS students
- 2011 Tuition Credit Hours: $65 2.5 credit hours $130 5.0 credit hours
- See Mrs. Ernst in the Counseling Center (C101)
- Students interested in detasseling this summer can find information in the Counseling Center.
- Seniors: Seniors need to start checking their account balances in the cafeteria. If you have money in your account, please try to use it by the end of the year. If you have a negative balance, these need to be taken care of before the last week of school.
- 2011 Graduates — Please check the list of 2011 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 2, if there are ANY changes.
- Advanced Placement United States History Review Sessions
- The next yearbook sale is May 2-6 during 4th term Parent/Teacher conference week. We will sell before and after school as well as at conferences on May 3. Yearbooks are now $60.
- LSW students16 years or older can sign up for the SCC Automotive Camp that will be held June 10th and 11th at SCC Milford. There are 60 spots and they are open on a first come bases. The cost that includes everything is $25. Interested students should call Rick Morphew at 402-761-8317. Registration deadline is May 6th, 2011.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
College Bound Students April “To Do” List
____ Continue applying for scholarships
____ Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock
____ Start looking for a summer job
____ Register by April 8 for they May 7 SAT
____ Register by May 6 for the June 11 ACT
____ Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session
____ Start looking for scholarships