April 28, 2011 Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- April 27th – NHS Induction 8 a.m.
- May 3rd – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- May 4th – NESA-S Testing
- May 5th – 8th Grade Visit
- May 5th – Drama Club Meeting
- May 7th – Prom 8-12 p.m.
- May 9th – Music Banquet
- May 11th – Freshman/Reserve Baseball Banquet
- May 13th – Swing Night Dance 6 p.m.
- May 16th – Faculty Play Performance
- May 17th – Faculty Play Performance
- May 18th – Senior Recognition
- May 18th – Boys Soccer Banquet
- May 19th- Girls Soccer Banquet
- May 19th – 22nd – Science Olympiad Nationals – Madison, WI
- The 2011 student trip to Japan has been rescheduled for October of 2012. If you are interested in traveling to Japan please come to an informational meeting to learn more about the highlights of the trip. The meeting will be at Lux Middle School on Monday, May 23 at 5:30 p.m. in the 8B Pod area. Enter through the north staff entrance. If you have any questions contact Kathi Mercure or Dru Sypal at Lux, 402-436-1220. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
LUNCH FOR THURSDAY
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce w/ Garlic Bread, Beef Burrito or Breaded Chicken Sandwich
SPORTS FOR THURSDAY
- Varsity Baseball – Grand Island – 5 p.m.
- JV Baseball – Grand Island – 5 p.m.
- 9th Grade Baseball – 5 p.m.
- Reserve Baseball- LSE – 5 p.m.
- Boys JV Soccer – Fremont – 5 p.m.
- Girls JV Soccer – Fremont – 5 p.m.
- Varsity Track – LPS Invite – 1:30 p.m.
- Congratulations go out to Connor Dahlke for his 2nd place finish in the Technical Drawing Competition at the 2011 SkillsUSA State Conference. Also, Alan Vo placed 10th in Technical Drawing and Will Folsom placed 5th in Architectural Drawing.
- Prom tickets will be for sale next week Tuesday after school, Wednesday before school, during lunch, and after school. On Thursday before school and the last time to purchase prom tickets will be during the noon hour on Thursday! All fines will need to be paid before students can purchase prom tickets. Tickets are $15 a piece.
- Youth Leadership Lincoln applications are now available in the Main/Guidance Office for 9th grade students. The program provides an interactive, hands-on experience to build leadership skills and a life-long commitment to community service. The application deadline is Friday, May 20th, 2011, so get working on your application today!
- 2011 Summer School Registration Information:
- Week of April 18: Registration open for LPS 12th grade students only
- Week of April 25: Registration open for LPS 11th & 12th grade students only
- Week of May 2: Registration open for all current LPS students
- Week of May 9: Registration open for all current LPS students
- Week of May 16: Registration open for all current LPS students & resident non-LPS students
- May 20: Last day of Registration for all LPS students and resident non-LPS students
- 2011 Tuition Credit Hours: $65 2.5 credit hours $130 5.0 credit hours
- See Mrs. Ernst in the Counseling Center (C101)
- Students interested in detasseling this summer can find information in the Counseling Center.
- Seniors: Seniors need to start checking their account balances in the cafeteria. If you have money in your account, please try to use it by the end of the year. If you have a negative balance, these need to be taken care of before the last week of school.
- 2011 Graduates — Please check the list of 2011 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 2, if there are ANY changes.
- Advanced Placement United States History Review Sessions
- The next yearbook sale is May 2-6 during 4th term Parent/Teacher conference week. We will sell before and after school as well as at conferences on May 3. Yearbooks are now $60.
- LSW students16 years or older can sign up for the SCC Automotive Camp that will be held June 10th and 11th at SCC Milford. There are 60 spots and they are open on a first come bases. The cost that includes everything is $25. Interested students should call Rick Morphew at 402-761-8317. Registration deadline is May 6th, 2011.
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
College Bound Students April “To Do” List
____ Continue applying for scholarships
____ Start purchasing dorm essentials now to avoid sticker shock
____ Start looking for a summer job
____ Register by April 8 for they May 7 SAT
____ Register by May 6 for the June 11 ACT
____ Schedule campus visits while colleges are still in session
____ Start looking for scholarships