May 10, 2011 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 11th – Freshman/Reserve Baseball Banquet
- May 11th- 8th Grade Visit
- May 12th – 8th Grade Visit
- May 13th – Swing Night Dance 6 p.m.
- May 18th – Senior Recognition
- May 18th – Boys Soccer Banquet
- May 18th – Band/Orchestra Concert 7 p.m.
- May 19th- Girls Soccer Banquet
- May 19th – 22nd – Science Olympiad Nationals – Madison, WI
- May 20th – JV & Varsity Baseball Banquet
- May 20th – Flight Night 7 p.m.
- May 21st – Flight Night 7 p.m.
- May 23rd – Athletic Awards Ceremony 6 p.m.
- May 24th – Track Banquet 6 p.m.
- May 24th – Choir/Show Choir Concert 6:30 p.m.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Breaded Chicken Sandwich, Cheesy Taco Pasta or Ham and Cheese Quiche
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Boys Varsity Golf – LPS Scramble – 10 a.m.
- Boys JV Golf – LPS Scramble – 10 a.m.
- Girls Varsity Tennis – 4 p.m.
- SENIOR WOMEN, please apply for the Helen Boosalis Inspiring Women Scholarship. The $500 scholarship will go to three Nebraska women who are active in their community and progressive politics. Applicants are asked to submit an essay of up to 500 words about a female politician who inspired their own community service and political involvement. Essays should be submitted by July 15. For more information, please see Mrs. Volker in the counseling center!
- The following students received Character Counts for the 2010-2011 school year. Please congratulate them on a job well done! Aaron Hoagland, Abby Flory, Aftyn Johnson, Abert Zhou, Ali Carstens, Alyson Lottman, Brandon Earhart, Bradon Reilly, Brandon Zimmerman, Britney Feuerhammer, Brogan Bennett, Carleigh Whelan, Carson Schaefer, Colton Messman, Connor Blankenau, Cori O’Neal, Dustin Kaiser, Ellie Wiltfong, Emma Gruhl, Garrett Stipke, Haley Hamm, Hannah Robertson, Hillary Berger, Jill Kieffer, Joey Sikyta, Jonathan Freese, Justin Wiley, Katherine Stauffer, Kelly Krueger, Kelsie Bonow, Kylie Hass, Lauren Works, Maricela Campos, Nicole Gemar, Nicole Ulman, Rebecca Denell, Riley Sullivan, Saki Aota, Sam Vallabhbhai, Sarah Kocher, Sonny Burns, Tasneem Bouzid, Ty Headley, Tyler Svobody, Valerie Peterson, Wes Berry
- Any student who is interested in being an Ambassador for our next school year may pick up an application in the counseling center beginning Wednesday, May 4th – May 13th. Be sure to sign up for an interview as well! Interviews will be held on Tuesday, May 17th during PLC time and on Wednesday morning beginning at 7:15-8 a.m.
- Looking to start a GREAT career/job this summer? Check out the Goodwill Academy! Goodwill is looking for students that are able to work 15-20 hours per week including weekends, we they open to hiring 15 year olds who will be 16 soon as well as older students. Part-time: $7.40+ starting wage with experience and/or education. Apply on line at www.lincolngoodwill.org! Academy Opportunities for students begin soon.
- The Siemens Foundation is pleased to announce that the application and registration instructions for the 2011-12 Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology will be available on line at www. Siemens-foundation.org beginning April 29th. Students have the opportunity to win over $100,000 in college scholarship funds. 2012 high school seniors are eligible to enter individual research projects in the competition and all high school students are eligible to enter projects as part of a two or three member team. For more information visit www.siemens-foundation.org.
- 2011 Summer School Registration Information:
Week of May 9: Registration open for all current LPS students
Week of May 16: Registration open for all current LPS students & resident non-LPS students
May 20: Last day of Registration for all LPS students and resident non-LPS students
2011 Tuition Credit Hours: $65 2.5 credit hours $130 5.0 credit hours
See Mr. Ernst in the Counseling Center (C101)
- Students interested in detasseling this summer can find information in the Counseling Center.
- Seniors: Seniors need to start checking their account balances in the cafeteria. If you have money in your account, please try to use it by the end of the year. If you have a negative balance, these need to be taken care of before the last week of school.
- 2011 Graduates — Please check the list of 2011 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 2, if there are ANY changes.