May 25, 2011 - Student Bulletin
??MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 25th – ITS Initiation Ceremony 4 p.m.
- May 25th – Special Olympics Banquet – 6 p.m.
- May 26th – FINALS – Block 1 & 2
- May 26th – Senior Meeting 12:30 p.m.
- May 26th – Theatre Banquet – 6 p.m.
- May 26th – Girls Tennis Banquet – 6 p.m
- May 26th – Boys Golf Banquet – 6 p.m.
- May 27th- FINALS – Block 3 & 4
- May 27th – Science Olympiad Celebration – 6 p.m.
- May 27th – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- May 29th – Graduation – Pershing 1 p.m.
- FINALS: For Thursday the Snack Shop will be open before school. The Snack Shop and Cafeteria will be open @ 10:30 break. Limited sack lunches available in the cafeteria @ 12:15 p.m. For Friday the Snack Shop & Cafeteria are closed!! Have a great summer!!
- Please sign up in the main office if you are interested in helping out with the Japanese Sister School visit to Lincoln Southwest on Saturday, July 2nd. Feel free to invite your friends and family.
- Here are the results of our Science Olympiad students at the National meet held last Saturday in Madison, Wisconsin. Please take the opportunity to congratulate these students. Thank You!
- Team Results - LSW finished in the top 1.3% of all teams in the United States.
- Top 10 National Places – 7th Place in Scientific Communication – Albert Zhou & Andrew Arkebauer- 8th Place in Chemistry Lab – Albert Zhou & John
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY
- Hamburger on a bun, Manger Selects other entrée’s
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Boys Varsity Golf – State Tournament – Holmes Lake
Project Extra Mile, Summer Youth Leadership Training. Students who attend will:
- Discover their role in preventing underage drinking in a fun and interactive way
- Identify local issues facing young people and develop skills to lead in solving the problem of underage drinking
- Learn how media has a hand in underage drinking alcohol use and find ways we can spread our message
The Summer Youth Leadership Training is a two-day training where students will have the unique opportunity to learn the skills to lead in efforts to address underage drinking issues in their own community. Two trainings will be held in June: Omaha - June 7 - 9, Scottsbluff - June 28 - 30.The registration form is attached, and can also be found on our website at: Youth Leadership Training.
*Registration deadline has been extended to Thursday, May 26! If you or your students have any questions regarding Project Extra Mile or would like further details about the information above, please feel free to contact us at (402) 963-9047 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Star Tran is offering a special $15 summer pass for all youth ages 5-18 (DO NOT have to be low income eligible) that will be valid from June 1 through August 31. The pass also allows for discounts at participating sponsors. Please see the link below for further information. http://lincoln.ne.gov/city/pworks/startran/programs/starpass/
- Seniors!! If you will not be using your lunch account the rest of the year, please request a refund now. You may request a refund or pay a negative balance until 1:45 p.m. on Thursday, May 26th. After that you will need to go to LPSDO for your refund to be processed. All negative balances must be paid to receive your cap and gown. Please feel free to stop at any cashier to inquire about your balance. Thank you!