October 20, 2011 Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- October 21 – Class Meetings-RESCHEDULED TO Oct. 28th
- October 22 – ACT Test
- October 25 – Softball Banquet – 5:30 p.m.
- October 28 – Class Meetings
- October 30 – Show Choir Concert 4 p.m.
- November 2 – Jostens Representative on campus during lunch hours
- November 3 – Jostens Representative on campus during lunch hours
- November 9 – NHS Inductions - 8 a.m.
- November 9 – Swim Parent Meeting – 5:30 p.m.
- November 10 – Theatre Booster Parent Meeting – 7 p.m.
- November 11 – Blood Drive
- November 17 – Sophomore Meeting – 6:30 p.m.
- November 21 – Volleyball Banquet – 6 p.m.
- November 22 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- November 23 – Football Banquet – 6:30 p.m.
- November 24 – Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL
- November 25 – Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL
- November 30 – Jazz Band/Show Choir Concert – 7 p.m.
LUNCH FOR THURSDAY
- Italian Beef Meatballs on Spaghetti, Hot Ham and Cheese on Whole Grain Bun or French Bread Garlic Cheese Pizza
SPORTS FOR THURSDAY
- Girls Varsity Volleyball – HAC Championship 5 p.m.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SOUTHWEST FINALIST(S) OF THE TALENT FOR TEAMMATES COMPETITION Annaliese Saathoff! She has been selected to go on to the finals of this city-wide talent competition. Students were selected based on their musical talents. Annaliese and will go on and represent Southwest at the Talent for TeamMates competition, on Sunday October 23rd. Tickets for Talent for TeamMates are still available at your school so get your tickets today! And NEW this year, help to vote in ONE MORE act to make it into the finals of the Talent for TeamMates Competition! Go online and vote as many times as you want for your favorite act. YOU decide who is going to make it to the finals, so go to www.lincolnteammates.org today and VOTE!
- Students interested in LSW Silverhawk Bowling should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Adams Elementary School Fun Night. We are seeking volunteers to help with the games and hand out candy on Friday October 28th. We have 2 shifts available or a student can work the whole thing. We are also offering dinner to all volunteers. The shifts are 4:45pm-6:30 or 6:25pm to 8:15pm. To make our event successful we are in need of about 85-100 volunteers from within our community! If students would like to help, please have them call me at 402-326-1226 by Wednesday Oct 19th. They can also email me at email@example.com
- AUDITIONS materials for the winter comedy A CHRISTMAS STORY are now available at the Box Office! CREW FORMS need to be turned in NO LATER than 7pm on Oct. 19th. AUDTIONS WILL BE HELD on Tuesday, Oct. 18 & Weds. Oct. 19th at 7:00 p.m. Students need to attend only one audition session.
- STUDENT DIRECTORIES ARE IN!!! If you ordered one please pick it up in the Main Office!
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
The October “To Do” List - Complete these tasks during October to stay on the right college-planning track.
Juniors and Seniors:
___ Attend the College Fair in your area...October 23 @ SCC 1-3pm
___ Schedule campus visits.
___ Narrow your college choices and be aware of application deadlines and criteria.
___ Register by October 7 for the November 5 SAT.
___ Register by November 8 for the December 3 SAT.
___ Register by November 4 for the December 10 ACT.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation
The following colleges will have representatives here on the following dates:
- Friday, Oct. 21st – University of Nebraska Honors – 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 21st – Central Community College – 9 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 21st – University of Kansas – 10:15 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 24th – University of Iowa – 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 24th – Hamline – 10 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 24th – Morningside College 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25th – University of Southern California – 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25th – Cornell College
- Wednesday, Oct. 26th – Peru State 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 27th – Midland University – 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 27th – Dartmouth – 10 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 28th – United State Naval Academy – 1 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 28th – SCC (Milford, Beatrice, Lincoln) 1 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 31 – St. Catherine University – 9 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 31st – Iowa State – 10 a.m.