December 5 , 2011 Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- December 8 - Theatre Parent Meeting – 6 p.m.
- December 10 – ACT
- December 10 – Cheer Kiddie Clinic 1 p.m.
- December 15 – A Christmas Story – 7 p.m.
- December 16 – Cheer Breakfast 7 a.m.
- December 16 – A Christmas Story – 7 p.m.
- December 17 – A Christmas Story – 7 p.m.
- December 17 – Science Olympiad – Excelsior Invite – Missouri
- December 19 – LSW Holiday Concert – Band/Choir/Orchestra – gym 6:30 p.m.
- December 21 – FINALS 9-12:15 p.m.
- December 22 – FINALS 9 – 12:15 p.m.
- December 23 – Winter Break Begins
Please check back - info not available at this time.
- YouthInspire is seeking to recruit new members! If you have volunteer experience or have an interest in serving your community please apply to serve on the Board for the 2011-2012 school year. Please pick up your application in the Main Office – but hurry the deadline is Friday, December 16th!!
- Winter Ball Friday, Dec. 2nd , 7-10pm. Tickets are $10.00. All fines must be paid before purchasing a ticket. Last chance to buy tickets Dec. 1st before school or during lunch. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
- The Profile in Courage Essay Contest invites United States high school students in grades nine through twelve to consider the concept of political courage by writing an essay on a U.S. elected official who has chosen to do what is right, rather than what is expedient. The winner of the competitive annual contest is awarded a $10,000 prize and is invited to accept the award at the Profile in Courage Award ceremony hosted each May by Caroline Kennedy at the Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston. Essay submissions for the 2012 contest will be accepted starting September 1, 2011. The contest deadline is Saturday, January 7, 2012. For complete guidelines visit the Profile in Courage Essay contest at www.jfklibrary.org
- Are you a young woman between the ages of 14 and 17 who volunteers in your community or school? Who sees challenges instead of obstacles? Hope instead of despair? If you are a young woman who believes in the power of volunteer action, then you may be eligible to win a Soroptimist Violet Richardson Award. The award is given to a student that has been dedicated to volunteer services in our community. The deadline for the application is December 15, 2011. See Mr. Ernst in C101 for an application.
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
November “To Do” List Juniors and seniors…complete these tasks in November to stay on the path to college!
Seniors…it’s time to start the admissions process!
___Contact your top colleges NOW and ask about deadlines and the process for applying for admission, college-based scholarships and financial aid.
___Apply to your top 3-4 colleges before their deadlines. Along with your application, the colleges will require your high school transcript, class rank, GPA and ACT/SAT score. They may also request a list of your extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, an essay, and an interview.
___Contact your admissions representative periodically to stay informed about deadlines and campus activities.
___Attend LSW/EducationQuest Financial Aid Program to learn about college funding options.
November 8, 6:30pm, LSW Auditorium
___ Register by November 4 for the December 10 ACT
___ Register by November 8 for the December 3 SAT
___ Apply for scholarships. Visit free sites such as ScholarshipQuest at EducationQuest.org and check out new listings on the Counseling Center Web Site: http://isite.lps.org/pvolker/web/ScholarshipsFinancialAid.html
Juniors…start researching colleges!
___Update Activities Resume at EducationQuest.org
___Review College Profiles at EducationQuest.org for information about colleges. If you’re interested in going to
an out-of-state school, check out the Midwest Student Exchange Program at http://msep.mhec.org
___Schedule campus visits. Visit in the spring while colleges are still in session.
___Meet with college representatives who visit your school as listed in the student bulletin.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:
402-475-5222 or 800-303-3745 or www.Educationquest.org
The following colleges will have representatives here on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Nov. 30th – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30th – Bellevue University – 1:00 p.m.