December 21, 2011 Bulletin
ARK YOUR CALENDAR
- December 21 – FINALS 9-12:15 p.m.
- December 22 – FINALS 9 – 12:15 p.m.
- December 23 – Winter Break Begins
- January 6 – State Theatre Festival
- January 7 – State Theatre Festival
- January 7 – Science Olympiad – Kansas City, MO
- January 9 – Start of Term 3
- January 9 – Drama Club Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 9 – Forensics Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 10 – Drama Club Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 11 – Drama Club Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 14 – Science Olympiad – Thunder Invite - KS
- January 16 – NO SCHOOL
- The LSW Main Office will be closed the following days over winter break: Dec. 23, 26, 27 & 30 and Jan. 2 & 3.
- SENIORS, Want to earn some money for college during the winter break? Apply for SCHOLARSHIPS!! Visit www.scholarshipquest.org for a new list of scholarships which have mostly Jan. - Mar. deadlines.
- The December Hawk Talk will be delivered to 2nd block classrooms Dec. 20. Extras can be found in C110 and the Main Office. Be sure to pick one up!
- REMINDER- High School students are not allowed to visit Middle Schools after finals!
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Whole Grain Bread and manager selected assorted entrée’s
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Seniors planning to attend University of NE at Kearney should contact Mrs. Volker in the counseling center about a scholarship opportunity!
- The Profile in Courage Essay Contest invites United States high school students in grades nine through twelve to consider the concept of political courage by writing an essay on a U.S. elected official who has chosen to do what is right, rather than what is expedient. The winner of the competitive annual contest is awarded a $10,000 prize and is invited to accept the award at the Profile in Courage Award ceremony hosted each May by Caroline Kennedy at the Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston. Essay submissions for the 2012 contest will be accepted starting September 1, 2011. The contest deadline is Saturday, January 7, 2012. For complete guidelines visit the Profile in Courage Essay contest at www.jfklibrary.org
- Are you a young woman between the ages of 14 and 17 who volunteers in your community or school?
Who sees challenges instead of obstacles? Hope instead of despair? If you are a young woman
who believes in the power of volunteer action, then you may be eligible to win a Soroptimist Violet
Richardson Award. The award is given to a student that has been dedicated to volunteer services in our community. The deadline for the application is December 15, 2011. See Mr. Ernst in C101 for an application.
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
- No new counseling announcements