January 10, 2012 Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- January 10 – Drama Club Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 11 – Drama Club Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 14 – Science Olympiad – Thunder Invite - KS
- January 16 – NO SCHOOL
- January 23 – Forensics Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 23 – Future Hawk Night 6:30 -8:30 p.m.
- January 26 – Drama Club Meeting – 3 p.m.
- January 30 – Forensics Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 30 – Spring Play Auditions – 7 p.m.
- January 31 – Spring Play Auditions – 7 p.m.
- February 1 – State Thespian Meeting – 4:30 p.m.
- February 2 – Pep Rally – 9:30 a.m.
- February 6 – Forensics Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- February 9 – Theatre Booster Parent Meeting – 7 p.m.
- February 13 – Forensics Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- February 13 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- Online registration for selecting next year's classes will be available from January 9th through February 20th. Please check the LSW Home Page for the LSW Planning Guide, registration power points for each grade level, and access to the online registration site.
- For students and families who would like to receive assistance with the registration process, sessions will be held at the dates/times listed below. Please check in at the Media Center Computer Lab.
Current juniors * Tuesday, January 17th * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current sophomores * Tuesday, January 24th * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current freshmen * Tuesday, January 31st * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current 8th graders * Tuesday, February 7th & Thursday, February 9th * 3:30 - 6:30
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Turkey Cheese Frank in a blanket, Cheese Burger on whole grain bun or Hot Ham and Cheese sandwich
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Varsity Swim Meet – North Star 4:45 dive/ 6 p.m. swim
- Girls Freshman Basketball – Fremont 5:45 p.m.
- Boys Freshman Basketball – Fremont 7:30 p.m.
- Seniors, tell your parents that Senior Ads are due January 13th! The cost is $40 for 1-2 pictures and a short message of congratulations. Payment MUST accompany order. For more information and to access the order form go to the LSW website to download it, or pick one up in the Main Office.
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER
January “To Do” List
Complete these tasks during January to stay on the right college planning track.
__ Ask the college(s) you applied to for their FAFSA priority date.
__ Apply for FAFSA Personal Identification Numbers at pin.ed.gov.
__ Complete your taxes early as you’ll need that information for the FAFSA.
__ Continue to apply for scholarships; see ScholarshipQuest for Nebraska-based awards.
__ Register by December 30 for the January 28 SAT.
__ Register by January 13 for the February 11 ACT.
__ Register by February 10 for the March 10 SAT.
__ Continue to research colleges.
__ Start setting up college visits.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:
Lincoln 402-475-5222 or 800-303-3745