January 17, 2012 Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- January 18 – Jostens at LSW from 11 – 1 p.m.
- January 23 – Forensics Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 23 – Future Hawk Night 6:30 -8:30 p.m.
- January 26 – Drama Club Meeting – 3 p.m.
- January 28 – Show Choir Competition – Omaha Westside
- January 30 – Forensics Meeting 3:15 p.m.
- January 30 – Spring Play Auditions – 7 p.m.
- January 31 – Spring Play Auditions – 7 p.m.
- February 1 – State Thespian Meeting – 4:30 p.m.
- February 2 – Pep Rally – 9:30 a.m.
- February 4 – “Showdown” – LSW Show Choir Competition
- February 6 – Forensics Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- February 9 – Theatre Booster Parent Meeting – 7 p.m.
- February 11 – Show Choir Competition – Benton, Van Horn, IA
- February 13 – Forensics Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- February 13 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- Jostens will be at Southwest on Wednesday, January 18 th from 11 to 1 p.m. to take orders for announcements and cap and gowns. This will be the last day that Jostens will be at school to take orders and answer any questions! January 19 th is the last day to order official graduation announcements . After that date the prices will go up and the official graduation announcement may not be available. Cap and gowns may be ordered up until the end of February. Information and order forms can be found at lincolngraduation.com Click on the drop down arrow and pick Southwest.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Italian Meatballs on Spaghetti, Beef, Bean & Cheese Burrito or Chicken Parmesan
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- JV Wrestling – Pius X – 4:30 p.m.
- Girls Reserve Basketball – Millard North – 5 p.m.
- Boys JV Basketball – Millard North – 5:45 p.m.
- Girls JV Basketball – Millard North – 5:45 p.m.
- Boys Reserve Basketball – Millard North – 6:45 p.m.
- Boys Varsity Basketball – Millard North – 7:30 p.m.
- Girls JV Basketball – Millard North – 7:30 p.m.
- Sophomores please pick up your PLAN Test results in the Counseling Center. You may pick up your results before or after school or during a passing period. They will be made available for the rest of this week and all of next week.
- -Audition Materials are NOW available for CRAZY FOR YOU at the Theatre Box Office. $1 is needed to cover the duplication costs of an cast audition packet. Auditions will be held, Monday, Jan. 30 & Tues., Jan. 31 at 7:00 p.m. Students auditioning for the cast need to come to attend only one session. CREW FORMS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN Jan. 31 at 7p.m. to be considered for a crew for this show.
-ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE Of Silver Hawk Theatre - the Student Directed -
Performance dates are Jan. 25,26,27, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre. $5 FREE WILL Donation -Reserved Tickets on sale now! SEATING IS LIMITED. Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335. Proceeds from these performances given to the Silver Hawk Theatre Festival Fund.
- In honor of Nebraska Teacher Recognition Day – Tuesday, March 6 – Lincoln Public Schools and KFOR/KFRX Radio collaborate to thank our educators with the annual Thank You Teacher contest. Anyone who lives in Lincoln/Lancaster County can nominate a teacher. In addition to a written description, explaining why a teacher made a difference in your life, entries should include the teacher’s name, grade level and school (or contact information), as well as the nominator’s name, address and phone number. Nominations should be postmarked or sent by Friday, Feb. 24th and mailed to: hank You Teacher, Communications, LPS District Offices, 3801 S. 14th St.: Lincoln, NE 68502. ** Entry forms can also be found on the LPS website and you can submit nominations online at: http://lps.org/go/recognize. For more information contact Mary Kay Roth, 436-1609, email@example.com.
- Online registration for selecting next year's classes will be available from January 9th through February 20th. Please check the LSW Home Page for the LSW Planning Guide, registration power points for each grade level, and access to the online registration site.
For students and families who would like to receive assistance with the registration process, sessions will be held at the dates/times listed below. Please check in at the Media Center Computer Lab.
Current juniors * Tuesday, January 17th * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current sophomores * Tuesday, January 24th * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current freshmen * Tuesday, January 31st * 2:03 - 3:03 (PLC Time)
Current 8th graders * Tuesday, February 7th & Thursday, February 9th * 3:30 - 6:30
- Seniors, tell your parents that Senior Ads are due January 13th! The cost is $40 for 1-2 pictures and a short message of congratulations. Payment MUST accompany order. For more information and to access the order form go to the LSW website to download it, or pick one up in the Main Office.
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER
January “To Do” List
Complete these tasks during January to stay on the right college planning track.
__ Ask the college(s) you applied to for their FAFSA priority date.
__ Apply for FAFSA Personal Identification Numbers at pin.ed.gov.
__ Complete your taxes early as you’ll need that information for the FAFSA.
__ Continue to apply for scholarships; see ScholarshipQuest for Nebraska-based awards.
__ Register by December 30 for the January 28 SAT.
__ Register by January 13 for the February 11 ACT.
__ Register by February 10 for the March 10 SAT.
__ Continue to research colleges.
__ Start setting up college visits.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:Lincoln 402-475-5222 or 800-303-3745.