March 20, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- March 22 – RGDE – late start
- March 23 – NE State Debate Conference Early Release 12:30 p.m.
- March 26 – Choir Concert – LSW Auditorium 7 p.m.
- March 27 – Pep Rally
- March 28 – Cheer Tryout Information Meeting – Commons – 7 – 8 p.m.
- March 28 – Honors Convocation 8:15 a.m.
- March 31 – Science Olympiad Meet practice
- April 3 – Emeralds Dance Tryouts – 3:15 p.m.
- April 4 – Emeralds Dance Tryouts – 3:15 p.m.
- April 5 – Emeralds Dance Tryouts – 3:15 p.m.
- April 5 – Theatre Booster parent meeting – 7 p.m.
- April 6 – NO SCHOOL
- April 9 – NO SCHOOL
- April 12 – Crazy for You – 7 p.m.
- April 13 – Crazy for You – 7 p.m.
- April 14 – Crazy for You – 2 p.m.
- The March issue of the Hawk Talk will be distributed to classes on Tuesday, March 20 during 3rd block. Extras can be found in the main office or C110.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Breaded Baked Chicken w/ a Whole Wheat Roll, Salisbury Steak w/ a Whole Wheat Roll or Roast Pork w/ a Whole Wheat Roll
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Boys Varsity Soccer- East – 5 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Soccer – East – 6:30 p.m.
- March is Youth Art Month! Take time to see LSW student art exhibits in the media center, at Barnes and Noble Southpoint, and Security First Bank which is just a couple blocks south of the student parking lot.
- 2012 Graduates—Please check the list of 2012 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 4, if there are ANY changes.
- LSW Cheer Tryout Information:
Cheer Tryout Info Meeting: March 28th, Common, 7:00-8:00.
Cheer Tryout Practice: April 9-12, 6:00-8:00
Cheer Tryout: April 13th, 4:00-??
- Prom Closet Project is open to any young lady for their prom or special event. Only $20 per gown. All proceeds benefit The Foster Care Closet. The Prom Closet is open the first 2 weekends of March and April. Call Leigh at 402 617-0667 for details.
- Emeralds Tryout Information:
- Tuesday, February 28th: 7:15 am & 6:00 pm--MANDATORY Parent/Dancer Meeting (A118 Forum)
- Tuesday, March 27th: 3:30 pm—Information Sheets due
- Tuesday, April 3rd: 3:30-6:30 pm (approximately) --Emerald Interviews
- Wednesday, April 4th: 3:30-7:30 pm – Practice Session/Mock Auditions (Main Gym)
- Thursday, April 5th: 3:30-7:00 pm (approximately) – Auditions (Main Gym)
- Wednesday, April 11th: 3:30-4:30 pm Uniform Fitting (D023 PE Classroom)
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
- College Planning March “To Do” Lists
___ If you haven’t already done so, complete your FAFSA!
___ Expect financial aid notifications during March and April.
___ Continue applying for scholarships.
___ Take the April 14 ACT here at LSW – no registration necessary.
___ Register by April 6 for the May 5 SAT.
___ Schedule campus visits.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest: Call 402-475-5222 OR visit
EducationQuest Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization with a mission to improve access to higher education in Nebraska.
- Monday, March 26th – University of Nebraska – Lincoln 10 a.m. (junior visit)
- Monday, March 26th – University of Nebraska – Omaha 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 28th – Iowa State University – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, March 29th –Midland University- 9 a.m.