May 9, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 11 – Swing Night – 7 p.m.
- May 14 – Band/Orchestra Concert – 7 p.m.
- May 15 – I.T.S. Initiation
- May 16 – All Choir Concert – 6:30 p.m.
- May 17-21 – National Science Olympiad – Orlando, FL
- May 18 – Senior Honors – 8:15 a.m.
- May 18 – JV/Varsity Baseball Banquet – 6 p.m.
- May 21 – Pep Rally, Athletic Awards Ceremony – 6:30 p.m.
- May 23 - Encore 5 7:00 p.m.
- May 23 – FINALS
- May 24 – FINALS
- May 24 – Last Day of School for Students
- May 24 – Boys Golf Banquet – 6 p.m.
- May 24 - Encore 5 7:00 p.m.
- May 25 - Encore 5 7:00 p.m.
- May 27 – Graduation – 4 p.m.
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY
- Chicken Nuggets w/ a Whole Wheat Roll, Breaded Beef Sticks w/ a Whole Wheat Roll or Taco Beef and Cheese Cup
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Boys Varsity Soccer – State Tournament – TBD
- Girls Varsity Soccer – State Tournament – TBD
- Varsity Track & Field – District Tournament – 1 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Tennis – East – 4 p.m.
- Host families are needed for Japanese Junior High boys for 4 days this summer. The dates are June 23 - 26. Please contact Mrs. Mercure or Mrs. Sypal at Lux Middle School to get involved in this wonderful opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Tickets are on sale for the final production from Silver Hawk Theatre in its 10th Anniversary Season - ENCORE 5. We will be presenting some of the most popular and beloved song and dance numbers from EVERY MUSICAL that Silver Hawk Theatre has produced in our ten years! Reserved seating is a MUST so please make your FREE WILL $10 donation for your ticket today! Performances are May 23,24,25, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335.
- PROM TICKETS – This is a reminder that all fines must be paid before students may purchase prom tickets. Tickets are $15 per person. Ticket sales will begin next Tuesday after school and will be available Wednesday morning, at noon, and after school, Thursday morning and at noon. Don’t wait until noon on Thursday to purchase your tickets as the line may be long!!
- Summer School, 2012 will be held at North Star High School from May 31-July 12 from 8:00-11:50 AM. Students may take 2 classes (10 credits). Classes meeting most graduation requirements will be offered. E learning will be available at all the high schools and Bryan.
2012 High School Summer School Registration information.
Week of 4/23: LPS current Seniors only
Week of 4/30: LPS current Seniors and Juniors only
Week of 5/7: All LPS students
Week of 5/14: All LPS students and non LPS students
May 20th: Last day for registrations by 4:00
Students who plan to be gone on vacation, camps or clinics for three or more school days should NOT register for summer school. Stop in the Counseling Center for booklet and registration material.
- Planning on detasseling this summer? Information can be found in the Counseling Center!
- UNMC is holding its annual Summer Health Professions Career Workshop, from July 31 to August 3. Students will have the opportunity to investigate different health careers. This program is available current sophomores with a GPA of 3.0 or better. There is limited enrollment and applications are due by June 1. Cost is $275. Check with Mr. Ernst in the Counseling Center if you are interested.
- When: June 25-29 OR July 23-27, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Where: BryanLGH College of Health Sciences,
5035 Everett St., Lincoln, Nebraska
Cost: $300 (includes $50 non-refundable deposit required
at time of application). This includes lunches, scrub
uniforms, supplies, transportation to field trips and
bowling and pizza social activity. Ten scholarship
spots are available courtesy of Woods CharitableFoundation.
Applications available in the Counseling Center from Mr Ernst.
- 2012 Graduates—Please check the list of 2012 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 4, if there are ANY changes.
- Attention all Seniors!!! Jostens is our new carrier for all your graduation supplies. Please contact them at 402-328-2604 or on their website lincolngraduation.com with any questions!
May “To Do” Lists for College Bound Juniors and Seniors
___ Apply for student loans, if necessary.
___ Register for freshmen orientation at your college.
___ Start a list of dorm room essentials.
___ Get a summer job to help pay college expenses.
___ Register by May 8 for June 2 SAT.
___ Register by May 4 for June 9 ACT.
___ Continue campus visits.
___ Get a summer job and save for college.
For free help with college planning, contact the EducationQuest location nearest you:
Lincoln - 402-475-5222
Follow us on Facebook!
EducationQuest Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization with a mission to improve access to higher education in Nebraska.