September 24, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 26 – WGDE Testing
- September 27 – WGDE Testing
- September 27 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 7 p.m.
- September 28 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 7 p.m.
- September 30 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 2 p.m.
- October 2 – Lifetouch picture re-takes
- October 3 – RGDE Testing – LATE START
- October 4 – WGDE Testing
- October 11 – FINALS
- October 12 – FINALS
- October 15- NO SCHOOL
- October 16 – NO SCHOOL
LUNCH FOR MONDAY
- Asian Chicken Teriyaki on Brown Rice, Sausage Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust or Taco Burger on Whole Grain Bun
SPORTS FOR MONDAY
- Girls Varsity Golf – Triangular – 3 p.m.
- Boys Reserve Tennis – East – 4 p.m.
- Boys JV Tennis – East – 4 p.m.
- Boys JV Football – Fremont – 4:15 p.m.
- Students with "see counselors" in their schedules must have these openings filled by September 21st. Please visit with your counselor if you have not already done so. If you have paperwork for TAs or Pass Periods, please return the forms to the Counseling Center immediately.
- Do you love to talk? Would you like to win some cash? If so, consider participating in the American Legion Oratorical Contest. The District 15 contest is Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 4 pm. The district winner receives $100 for participating in the area contest. If you make it to the State competition, you can win up to $1000 plus a $1500 (minimum) scholarship if you participate in the National Finals. For more information, see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center or call Brenda Moore at 402.483.1510.
- Calling all Future Educators! There is a Future Educators Conference on October 18 at the University of Nebraska-Omaha from 8 am - 3 pm. The conference is free and lunch is provided for participants. For more information, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center. You may also register online at http://www.education.ne.gov/nce/ConferencesWorkshops.html.
- UNK Health Careers Fair - October 10, 2012 -Kearney, NE - 9 am - 12:30 pm
For additional information, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center
- Interested in Engineering? Check out these opportunities! WIIE – Women Interested in Engineering Day, Lincoln City Campus – Othmer Hall (Grades 9-12)
Saturday, October 13, 2012
This program is designed to discuss opportunities available in engineering and construction management, with an emphasis on females interested in engineering and science.
For more information and to register: http://www.wiie.unl.edu/index.shtml
PKI Open House, Omaha Campus - The Peter Kiewit Institute (Grades 9-12)
Sunday, October 28 – No Registration
Our open houses allow prospective students and their families to see the Omaha engineering facilities, tour housing, and meet with faculty, staff and current students.
For more information: http://www.engineering.unl.edu/Events/PKI-openhouse/
- Aviation Career Day 2012 - Duncan Aviation is hosting Aviation Career Day 2012 this Fall. The event will be open to all Nebraska high schools.
Where: Duncan Aviation (3701 Aviation Road, Lincoln, NE, 68524)
When: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m
Students will have the chance to explore many facets of the aviation industry and career opportunities available to them.
They will be able to visit with representatives from surrounding universities and technical colleges about the next step towards becoming an aviation professional. Students will be able to complete various activities throughout the different departments at Duncan. Registration is necessary and space is limited.
To register and to learn more about this event, follow the Career Day link:
Counselors must register students!
$3,000 in scholarships will be awarded!
Two $500 scholarships awarded at random on the day of the event One $2000 scholarship will be awarded based on application (given at the event) and winner will be notified at a later date. For any questions or concerns, contact Felicia Nichelson (Felicia.Nichelson@Duncanaviation.com or 402-479-1876)
- 2013 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards is a unique opportunity to recognize young people for volunteer service in their communities. More information is at www.nassp.org/spirit. Eligible students must meet the following criteria: 1) 5th-12th grade as of November 6, 2012; 2) Legal resident of US or District of Columbia; 3) Engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred at least in part after September 1, 2011; & 4) Completes an application & submits it to the school principal by November 6, 2012
- Monday, September 24 – Nebraska Christian College – 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 25 – University of Colorado – 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 25 – Creighton – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 25 – UNL – Kearney – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Central Community College – 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Chadron State College – 10 a.m.
- Thursday, September 27 – Northwest Missouri State University – 2 p.m.