September 25, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 26 – WGDE Testing
- September 27 – WGDE Testing
- September 27 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 7 p.m.
- September 28 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 7 p.m.
- September 30 – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES 2 p.m.
- October 2 – Lifetouch picture re-takes
- October 3 – RGDE Testing – LATE START
- October 4 – WGDE Testing
- October 11 – FINALS
- October 12 – FINALS
- October 15- NO SCHOOL
- October 16 – NO SCHOOL
- Picture retakes are next Tuesday, October 2nd. If you have not had your picture taken for the yearbook, please make sure to do so on this day. Any student that started after Wednesday, August 15th will need their photo taken as we do not have one for the yearbook.
- On October 3, Duncan Aviation will be hosting an aviation career exhibition, Adjust Your Altitude 2012. There will be up to 200 high school students from Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas in attendance. The goal is to
educate students about all of the unique career opportunities in aviation and pique their interest in the industry. The day will consist of students visiting with representatives from Colleges and Universities, Tech Schools, Aviation exhibitors, Aviation, Media, Government Agencies and Military organizations. Students will also get to experiment with some hands-on activities, including testing their aircraft maintenance skills. If you have or know a high school student, please extend an invitation to
them. Registration is due September 28 and is free. Go to the web site for more information or contact Felicia Nichelson in PDT ext 8176.
This will be an educational, exciting and fun day with $3,000 in
scholarships awarded to attendees!
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Italian Dunker w/ Whole Grain Bun, Polish Dog on Whole Grain Bun or Hot and Spicy Chicken Pattie on Whole Grain Bun
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Do you love to talk? Would you like to win some cash? If so, consider participating in the American Legion Oratorical Contest. The District 15 contest is Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 4 pm. The district winner receives $100 for participating in the area contest. If you make it to the State competition, you can win up to $1000 plus a $1500 (minimum) scholarship if you participate in the National Finals. For more information, see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center or call Brenda Moore at 402.483.1510.
- Calling all Future Educators! There is a Future Educators Conference on October 18 at the University of Nebraska-Omaha from 8 am - 3 pm. The conference is free and lunch is provided for participants. For more information, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center. You may also register online at http://www.education.ne.gov/nce/ConferencesWorkshops.html.
- Interested in Engineering? Check out these opportunities!
WIIE – Women Interested in Engineering Day, Lincoln City Campus – Othmer Hall (Grades 9-12)
Saturday, October 13, 2012
This program is designed to discuss opportunities available in engineering and construction management, with an emphasis on females interested in engineering and science.
For more information and to register: http://www.wiie.unl.edu/index.shtml
PKI Open House, Omaha Campus - The Peter Kiewit Institute (Grades 9-12)
Sunday, October 28 – No Registration
Our open houses allow prospective students and their families to see the Omaha engineering facilities, tour housing, and meet with faculty, staff and current students.
For more information: http://www.engineering.unl.edu/Events/PKI-openhouse/
- UNK Health Careers Fair
October 10, 2012 - Kearney, NE - 9 am - 12:30 pm
For additional information, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center
2013 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards is a unique opportunity to recognize young people for volunteer service in their communities. More information is at www.nassp.org/spirit. Eligible students must meet the following criteria: 1) 5th-12th grade as of November 6, 2012; 2) Legal resident of US or District of Columbia; 3) Engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred at least in part after September 1, 2011; & 4) Completes an application & submits it to the school principal by November 6, 2012.
- Tuesday, September 25 – University of Colorado – 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 25 – Creighton – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 25 – UNL – Kearney – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Central Community College – 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Chadron State College – 10 a.m.
- Thursday, September 27 – Northwest Missouri State University – 2 p.m.
- Friday, September 28 – Peru State college – 1 p.m.