October 24, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- October 31 – Senior picture Deadline for Yearbook
- November 8 – NHS Induction 8:15 a.m. - Auditorium
- November 10 – Science Olympiad – Southland Invitational – Kansas
- November 13 – Financial Aid Meeting – 6:30 p.m.
- November 15 – Sophomore Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- November 20 – Parent Teacher Conference 4-7 p.m.
- November 22 – NO SCHOOL
- November 23 – NO SCHOOL
- December 7 – Winter Ball
- December 15 – Science Olympiad – Excelsior Invitational – Missouri
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY
- Breaded Pork pattie on Whole Grain Bun, Mexi Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust or Campfire Casserole w/ Whole Wheat Roll
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Girls JV Volleyball LPS Championship – 4 p.m.
- FCCLA will be selling chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting for Halloween and white cupcakes with pink frosting for breast cancer awareness next Thursday, October 25th. If you would like to join us for our meeting and bake cupcakes, then meet in room B115A afterschool on Wednesday. So bring your quarters, they will each sell for .50 cents!!
- Driver's Ed courses are being offered this fall and during fall break. Contact the following organization if you have a student interested in taking Driver's Ed.
Nebraska Safety Council
Southeast Community College
- Yearbook Sales: No yearbook sales until term 2. The next yearbook sales time will be Nov. 19-21, including during Parent/teacher conferences on Nov. 20. Cost remains at $55. Price goes up third term to $60.
- Get on campus! Sign up to visit Peru State College! On November 13th, Peru State will send a bus to Lincoln to pick up students interested in touring Peru State College. This is a free opportunity for you to step on campus and see what Peru has to offer! Tour campus, meet professors and current Peru State students, and enjoy a free lunch! Register by November 6th by going to: www.peru.edu/admissions.
- Profiles in Courage Essay Contest-Do you know a political figure who has exhibited political courage? By writing a simple essay (1000 words or less), you could win up to $10,000! For details on the topic and how to submit an essay, visit: www.jfklibrary.org. The deadline is January 5, 2013.
- Do you love to talk? Would you like to win some cash? If so, consider participating in the American Legion Oratorical Contest. The District 15 contest is Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 4 pm. The district winner receives $100 for participating in the area contest. If you make it to the State competition, you can win up to $1000 plus a $1500 (minimum) scholarship if you participate in the National Finals. For more information, see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center or call Brenda Moore at 402.483.1510.
- Interested in Engineering? Check out these opportunities! PKI Open House, Omaha Campus - The Peter Kiewit Institute (Grades 9-12)
Sunday, October 28 – No Registration
Our open houses allow prospective students and their families to see the Omaha engineering facilities, tour housing, and meet with faculty, staff and current students.
For more information: http://www.engineering.unl.edu/Events/PKI-openhouse/
- 2013 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards is a unique opportunity to recognize young people for volunteer service in their communities. More information is at www.nassp.org/spirit. Eligible students must meet the following criteria: 1) 5th-12th grade as of November 6, 2012; 2) Legal resident of US or District of Columbia; 3) Engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred at least in part after September 1, 2011; & 4) Completes an application & submits it to the school principal by November 6, 2012.
- Wednesday, October 24 – Rockhurst – 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 24 – Missouri Western – 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 24 – Caltech 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 24 – University of Kansas – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, October 25 – Bryan College of Health Sciences – 9 a.m.
- Thursday, October 25 – Coe College – 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 25 – Clarkson – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, October 25 – Macalester College 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, October 26 – Hamline – 2 p.m.
- Monday, October 29 – St. Catherine University – 8:15 a.m.
- Monday, October 29 – Vanderbilt – 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 30 – Iowa State University – 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 30 – Joseph’s College of Beauty – 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 1 – Southeast Community College – 1:00 p.m.