December 11, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- December 13 – It’s A Wonderful Life performance – 7 p.m.
- December 14 – It’s A Wonderful Life performance – 7 p.m.
- December 15 – It’s A Wonderful Life performance – 7 p.m.
- December 15 – Science Olympiad – Excelsior Invitational – Missouri
- December 15 – Cheer Kiddie Clinic
- December 17 – Drama Club Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- December 18 – Holiday Concert – Bands/Choirs/Orchestra – 6:30 p.m. Gymnasium
- December 20 – FINALS
- December 21 – FINALS
- December 24 – Winter Break Begins
- January 3 – ENCORE 6 – 7 p.m.
- January 5 – ENCORE 6 – 7 p.m.
- January 6 – ENCORE 6 – 2 p.m.
- January 7 – Term 3 Begins
- January 15 – Registration current 11th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 16 – Future Hawk Night
- January 19 – Science Olympiad – Thunder Invitational - Kansas
- January 21 – Martin Luther King Day – No School
- January 22 – Registration current 10th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 24 – Drama Club – 3:15 p.m.
- January 28 – Spring Play Auditions – 7-10 p.m.
- January 29 – Registration current 9th grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Tickets are ON SALE NOW for ENCORE 6 - Silver Hawk Theatre's Alumni/Current Student musical revue. Kick off 2013 and join us over the winter break for a magical musical night! Performances are Jan. 3 & 5 at 7 p.m and Sunday, Jan. 6 at 2pm. Tickets are a $10 suggested FREE WILL DONATION. Come to or call the Box Office at 402-436-1335.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Pepperoni Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust, Cheesy Taco Whole Grain Pasta or Fish & Cheese on Whole Grain Bun
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Girls JV Basketball – North Star – 5:45 p.m.
- Boys JV Wrestling – LNE – 6:30 p.m.
- Boys Varsity Wrestling – LNE – 7 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Basketball – North Star – 7:30 p.m.
- Donate to YouthInspire’s 1st Annual Winter Clothing Drive! YouthInspire is in need of new/gently used items, such as coats, gloves, mittens, and scarfs. Collection Bins are located at most LPS high schools: Lincoln East, Lincoln Southeast, Lincoln High, Lincoln North Star and Lincoln Southwest. We are collecting this week! We will be donating proceeds to area shelters, so please bring all of your winter items that you wish to donate to the box in front of the trophy case. We appreciate your help! See Thanh Vo for more details and information. For more information regarding the YouthInspire Foundation, visit www.leadershiplincoln.org/inspire.html or “Like” them on Facebook, using keyword: youthinspire.
- Ever thought of studying abroad or being a foreign exchange student? The counseling center has received some new information from a reputable program that helps students connect with a positive study abroad experience. For more information, see Mrs. Finkhouse or Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center.
- Seniors are reminded to check the LSW Counseling Center website (http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/) for scholarship updates in the posts on the HOME page and on the SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES page. New additions include the following:
- The creators of the Student Award Search Aid website are offering the B. Davis Scholarship, which has a May 27, 2013 deadline. This scholarship is valued at $1,000 and info is available at StudentAwardsSearch.com. If you have questions, please email questions to email@example.com.
- Visit www.nebraskalegionauz.net to access info about the American Legion Auxiliary’s Americanism Essay Contest. Winners will receive $50 each. For additional info, visit www.nebraskalegionaux.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An Army ROTC scholarship is available through Creighton University & UNO. This scholarship is open to high school juniors and seniors. The next deadline is December 26, 2012. The scholarship covers 100% tuition, $1,200 a year for books, and a monthly stipend ranging from $300 – $500. For more info, contact Maureen J. Minder, Captain, US Army Enrollment & Scholarship Officer at 402-280-1154.
- The Antonette Willa Skupa Turner Scholarship is a $500 scholarship is open to high school seniors who are prospective first year college students planning on majoring in English or History at accredited colleges or universities. The deadline is February 28, 2013.
- Midland University's Athletic Management Scholarship Program
- UNK's College of Education Cooperating School Honor Scholarships
- American Legion's Need A List Program
- Bellevue West's Executively Fabulous Scholarship
- Burger King Scholars Program
- Nebraska State Athletic Administrators Association Scholarship
- Norma Ross Walter Scholarship Program
- *TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE for Silver Hawk Theatre's winter holiday classic - IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. $10 for Adults and $8 for Students. Call the Box Office for information and reservations at 402-436-1335.