December 17, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- December 17 – Drama Club Meeting – 3:15 p.m.
- December 18 – Holiday Concert – Bands/Choirs/Orchestra – 6:30 p.m. Gymnasium
- December 18 – Soup Supper – LSW Commons 4:30-6 p.m.
- December 20 – FINALS
- December 21 – FINALS
- December 24 – Winter Break Begins
- January 3 – ENCORE 6 – 7 p.m.
- January 5 – ENCORE 6 – 7 p.m.
- January 6 – ENCORE 6 – 2 p.m.
- January 7 – Term 3 Begins
- January 15 – Registration current 11th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 16 – Future Hawk Night
- January 19 – Science Olympiad – Thunder Invitational - Kansas
- January 21 – Martin Luther King Day – No School
- January 22 – Registration current 10th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 24 – Drama Club – 3:15 p.m.
- January 28 – Spring Play Auditions – 7-10 p.m.
- January 29 – Registration current 9th grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Seniors are reminded to register with ScholarshipQuest and national scholarship searches such as ScholarshipMonkey.com. The majority of scholarships are available for access between January and March. The LSW Counseling Center's website, located at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/, also includes links to such scholarships as the Belmont Community Center, Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation, and more. Web pages for Posts, Scholarship Opportunities, and Student Opportunities are updated on an ongoing basis as information is received.
- Term 3 schedules will be handed out Tuesday during your second block class. If you do NOT have a second block class stop by the Main Office for yours. REMINDER: Duplicates will not be printed please hang on to your schedule for when you return from Winter Break!
- SOUP SUPPER - LSW MUSIC DEPARTMENT on DECEMBER 18, 2012 in the LSW Commons with serving time from 4:30-6:00 pm (Dinner before the Holiday Concert!!!......which begins at 6:30 pm in the Gymnasium). Tickets are $6.00 Presale by December 14 - Call 436-1306, ext. 66505 or send money with a music student or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or $8.00 at the door. Make checks payable to "PA Boosters"
- Menu: Soup (4 kinds), bread, veggies, desserts, drinks!!!
LUNCH FOR MONDAY
- Whole Grain Corn Puppies, Sausage Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust or Tater Tot Casserole w/ Whole Wheat Roll
SPORTS FOR MONDAY
- Boys Freshman Basketball – Waverly – 6 p.m.
- Girls Freshman Basketball – Waverly – 6 p.m.
- Boys Reserve Basketball – Pius X – 6:30 p.m.
Nearly 300,000 Nebraskans either have or are at risk for developing kidney disease. The NKA provides education and free early disease detection screenings to help prevent or prolong the onset of kidney disease, as well as to help those already affected through emergency financial assistance and free medical alert jewelry.
- Tickets are ON SALE NOW for ENCORE 6 - Silver Hawk Theatre's Alumni/Current Student musical revue. Kick off 2013 and join us over the winter break for a magical musical night! Performances are Jan. 3 & 5 at 7 p.m and Sunday, Jan. 6 at 2pm. Tickets are a $10 suggested FREE WILL DONATION. Come to or call the Box Office at 402-436-1335.
- Seniors are reminded to check the LSW Counseling Center website (http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/) for scholarship updates in the posts on the HOME page and on the SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES page. New additions include the following:
- The creators of the Student Award Search Aid website are offering the B. Davis Scholarship, which has a May 27, 2013 deadline. This scholarship is valued at $1,000 and info is available at StudentAwardsSearch.com. If you have questions, please email questions to email@example.com.
- Visit www.nebraskalegionauz.net to access info about the American Legion Auxiliary’s Americanism Essay Contest. Winners will receive $50 each. For additional info, visit www.nebraskalegionaux.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An Army ROTC scholarship is available through Creighton University & UNO. This scholarship is open to high school juniors and seniors. The next deadline is December 26, 2012. The scholarship covers 100% tuition, $1,200 a year for books, and a monthly stipend ranging from $300 – $500. For more info, contact Maureen J. Minder, Captain, US Army Enrollment & Scholarship Officer at 402-280-1154.
- The Antonette Willa Skupa Turner Scholarship is a $500 scholarship is open to high school seniors who are prospective first year college students planning on majoring in English or History at accredited colleges or universities. The deadline is February 28, 2013.