January 8, 2012 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- January 15 – Registration current 11th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 16 – Future Hawk Night 6:30 p.m.
- January 19 – Science Olympiad – Thunder Invitational - Kansas
- January 21 – Martin Luther King Day – No School
- January 22 – Registration current 10th Grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- January 24 – Drama Club – 3:15 p.m.
- January 28 – Spring Play Auditions – 7-10 p.m.
- January 29 – Registration current 9th grade – 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- February 2 – Show Choir Showdown
- February 2 – Science Olympiad – Northland Invitational – Missouri
- February 5 – Incoming 9th Grade Registration – 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- February 7 – Incoming 9th Grade Registration – 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- February – 7 – Theatre Booster Parent Meeting – 7 p.m.
- February 11 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- February 12 – Pep Rally 9:45 a.m.
- Online Registration for 2013-14 - Online Registration for 2013-14 will be available for students to access from January 9th through February 17th. This year, a Glog will be available for each grade level. A glog is graphic blog, which is an interactive multimedia image that looks similar to a poster, but readers of a Glog are able to interact with the content. The Registration Glog for each grade level contains instructional information about the online registration process, graduation requirements, college entrance requirements, and AP classes. Click here to view LPS Graduation Requirements.
- LSW students and their families have the option of registering for next year’s classes on their own. For students and their families who would like to receive assistance with the online registration process, counselors and Student Ambassadors will be available at the dates/times shown below:
- Current Juniors 1/15/13 2:15 – 3:15 (PLC Time)
- Current Sophomores 1/22/13 2:15 – 3:15 (PLC Time)
- Current Freshmen 1/29/13 2:15 – 3:15 (PLC Time)
- Current 8th Graders 2/5/13 3:30 – 6:30
- Current 8th Graders 2/7/13 3:30 – 6:30
- Summer STEM is designed to encourage rising 8th-11th graders from across the country to pursue a course of study in engineering and technology throughout high school and college.
June 3-8 (rising 8th and 9th graders)
June 10-15 (rising 10th graders)
June 17-21 (rising 11th graders)
The application closes April 15, 2013.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Pepperoni Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust, Country Beef Pattie on Whole Grain Bun or Meatball Sub
SPORTS FOR TUESDAY
- Boys Freshman Basketball – Fremont – 5:45 p.m.
- Varsity Swim & Dive Dual – North Star – 6 p.m.
- Girls Freshman Basketball – Fremont – 7:30 p.m.
- Seniors are reminded to register with ScholarshipQuest and national scholarship searches such as ScholarshipMonkey.com. The majority of scholarships are available for access between January and March. The LSW Counseling Center's website, located at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/, also includes links to such scholarships as the Belmont Community Center, Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation, and more. Web pages for Posts, Scholarship Opportunities, and Student Opportunities are updated on an ongoing basis as information is received.
- Nearly 300,000 Nebraskans either have or are at risk for developing kidney disease. The NKA provides education and free early disease detection screenings to help prevent or prolong the onset of kidney disease, as well as to help those already affected through emergency financial assistance and free medical alert jewelry.
- Seniors are reminded to check the LSW Counseling Center website (http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/) for scholarship updates in the posts on the HOME page and on the SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES page. New additions include the following:
- The creators of the Student Award Search Aid website are offering the B. Davis Scholarship, which has a May 27, 2013 deadline. This scholarship is valued at $1,000 and info is available at StudentAwardsSearch.com. If you have questions, please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit www.nebraskalegionauz.net to access info about the American Legion Auxiliary’s Americanism Essay Contest. Winners will receive $50 each. For additional info, visit www.nebraskalegionaux.net or email email@example.com.
- The Antonette Willa Skupa Turner Scholarship is a $500 scholarship is open to high school seniors who are prospective first year college students planning on majoring in English or History at accredited colleges or universities. The deadline is February 28, 2013.Seniors are reminded to register with ScholarshipQuest at EducationQuest.org as well as with national scholarship searches, which have links posted at http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/students/scholarships/