March 27, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- March 28 – PEP Rally
- March 29 – NO SCHOOL
- April 1--NO SCHOOL
- April 2--NeSA Reading test
- April 6 – Prom 8-12 a.m.
- April 7 – Post Prom 12-4 a.m.
- April 8-11 Color Guard/Flag Line Tryouts 6-8:30 p.m.
- April 9—NeSA Math test
- April 11 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 12 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m
- April 13 – Color Guard/Flag Line Tryouts 9 a.m. to 4 p.m..
- April 13 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 14 – Lincoln Area College Fair 1-3 p.m. @ SCC Lincoln Campus
- April 15 – NSAA Music Contest – NO SCHOOL
- April 16—NeSA Science test
- April 18 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 19 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 20 - Science Olympiad Nebraska State Meet - UNL
- April 20 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 22 – Parent Teacher Conferences – 4-7 p.m.
- April 23--ACT Testing
- April 25—NHS Induction, 8:15 a.m.
- April 26—Flight Night, 7 p.m.
- StuCo Flight Night Announcement: Attention Southwest students - Plans are underway for this years' Flight Night! Are you a rising star just waiting to be discovered? Do you have talents you want to share? If you answered yes, then you'll want to sign up and audition for Flight Night - Southwest's main showcase for student talent!
- Flight Night is coming up quickly - If you are interested in either being an MC, or showing off your talent as an act, information and the sign-up sheets are located in A114 and the E-Wing Hall.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who placed at the Special Olympics State Basketball Tournament this past weekend: Nathan Hermsmeyer – 1st Plasce Individual Skills; Nick Jensvold – 2nd Place Individual Skills; Taylor Woods, Natalie Paul, Natalie Yontz, Ashley Levinson, Matt Webb and Clayton Stull – 2nd Place in Team Skills
- Color GUARD/FLAG LINE TRYOUTS will be April 8th to April 11th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the main gym, and on April 13th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the main gym.
LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY:
- Breaded Pork Pattie on whole grain bun, Mexi Pizza on whole wheat crust, and Campfire Casserole with whole wheat roll
SPORTS FOR WEDNESDAY:
- 9:30 a.m. Boys JV Golf Invitational vs. Millard West @ Pacific Springs Golf Course
- 4:00 p.m. Girls JV Tennis Dual vs. Lincoln High @ LSW
- 5:00 p.m. Reserve Baseball vs. Lincoln Southeast @ LSW
- 5:00 p.m. Varsity Baseball vs. Lincoln Southeast @ Sherman Field
- 7:00 p.m. JV Baseball vs. Lincoln Southeast @ Sherman Field
- Seniors—if you ordered announcements, please make sure to pick them up on Wednesday, March 27th, during the noon-hour. Jostens will be located in front of the trophy case during all three lunches.
- Attention Upperclassmen - Prom is coming up on April 6th, and you know what that means... PROM ROYALTY VOTING! This year's voting window will be between March 25th (starting at 8am) through April 2nd (ending at Midnight). Juniors will vote on their top 5 for Prince and Princess, and Seniors will vote on their top 5 for King and Queen. You will find the link to vote on the main page of the Southwest Website - so vote!
- Summer Opportunities/programs—make sure to check it out! Click on – Summer Opportunities or see the below web address:
- Spring football conditioning for those not out for a Spring sport is each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday beginning at 3:20. Meet in the athletic hallway. Coach King
- Lincoln Southwest Cheer Tryout Information
- Tryout Practices:
- March 27th 5:30-8pm
- March 28 @ 4:30 p.m. in main gym.
- Freshman (arrive at 4:15pm)
- Upperclassmen (arrive at 5:15pm)
- Assistant Coach Danielle Fayle, email@example.com
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! for the spring musical 42nd STREET. Adults $10 and Students $8 Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335. ALSO Join us BEFORE 42nd Street for our pre-event dinner at SYLVESTER's Hideaway SPEAKEASY. Cost is $25 per person and separate from your show ticket price. Dinners are offered Friday & Saturdays April 12,13 & 19, 20. Meal is from 5:45p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Deadline for reservations is APRIL 4 , 2013.
- The Lincoln Area College Fair will be held on Sunday, April 14, 1-3 p.m. at the SCC Lincoln campus. As with the fall fairs, students should bring their barcode to the college fair so college representatives can scan their demographic information. Students who do not have a barcode should register for one at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org.
- Seniors and juniors, if you have not registered for Scholarship Quest or any of the national college scholarship searches listed on the Counseling Center's website, please do so immediately as there are several new scholarships that have been listed this week. While the majority of scholarships are for current seniors, eligible juniors who are registered with the searches will be notified of opportunities available to them.
- Seniors who would like to schedule an appointment to complete their FAFSA with Anders Peterson need to sign up in the Counseling Center ASAP! Anders has some times available on March 28th.
- Seniors interested in speaking in graduation should stop by the main office and pick up a form.
- Below is the list for review session for the AP US History exam on May 15th, these are optional:
Thursday 3/28 - 3:15 A112, Unit IX
Thursday 4/4 - 7:30 A112, Unit I
Thursday 4/11 - 3:15 A112, Unit II
Thursday 4/18 - 7:30 A112, Unit III
Thursday 4/25 - 3:15 A112, Unit IV
Thursday 5/2 - 7:30 A112, Unit V
Thursday 5/9 - 3:15 A112, Unit VI
Monday 5/13 - 7:30 A112, Unit VII
Tuesday 5/14 - 3:15 A112, Unit VIII
- Wednesday, March 27 – University of Nebraska Omaha – Junior & Seniors – 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 4 – Hastings College – 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 17 – Northwest Missouri State University – 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 22 – Southeast Community College – 8:30