April 2, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- March 29 – NO SCHOOL
- April 1--NO SCHOOL
- April 2--NeSA Reading test
- April 6 – Prom 8-12 a.m.
- April 7 – Post Prom 12-4 a.m.
- April 8-11 Color Guard/Flag Line Tryouts 6-8:30 p.m.
- April 9—NeSA Math test
- April 11 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 12 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m
- April 13 – Color Guard/Flag Line Tryouts 9 a.m. to 4 p.m..
- April 13 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 14 – Lincoln Area College Fair 1-3 p.m. @ SCC Lincoln Campus
- April 15 – NSAA Music Contest – NO SCHOOL
- April 16—NeSA Science test
- April 18 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 19 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 20 - Science Olympiad Nebraska State Meet - UNL
- April 20 – 42nd Street Performance – 7 p.m.
- April 22 – Parent Teacher Conferences – 4-7 p.m.
- April 23--ACT Testing
- April 25—NHS Induction, 8:15 a.m.
- April 26—Flight Night, 7 p.m.
- Seniors—if you ordered announcements, please make sure to pick them up in the main office.
- The LSW Dance-A-Thon hosted by National Honor Society to benefit the Lincoln’s Child Guidance Center on April 27th from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Register online at lswdance-a-thon.webs.com. Registration is open until Saturday, April 13th for a fee of $12, after this date the registration cost will be $15. There will be food, fun, and prizes! Come to compete or just come to watch! Either way you’ll have a blast!!
- Prom Ticket Sales: Prom tickets are $15. Please make sure all fines are paid in full.
- Tickets go on sale: Tuesday, April 2 – after school
- Wednesday, April 3- before school, noon, & after school
- Thursday, April 4 – before school and at noon
- Thursday if the last time to purchase tickets.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY:
- Asian Chicken Teriyaki on brown rice, Polish Dog on whole grain bun, & Hot and Spicy Chicken Pattie on whole grain bun
SPORTS FOR SATURDAY:
- 10:00 a.m. Varsity & JV LSW Track & Field Invitational vs. Lincoln East, Lincoln High, Lincoln NE, Lincoln SE @ Scott Track- Lincoln High **Running events start at 11:00 a.m
- 11:00 a.m. Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Kearney @ Abbott 13
- 11:00 a.m. Girls Varsity Soccer vs. Kearney @ Abbott 14
- 11:00 a.m. Boys JV Soccer vs. Kearney @ Abbott 15
- 12:00 p.m. JV Baseball Doubleheader vs. Papillion-LaVista @ LSW Field
- 12:00 p.m. Varsity Baseball Doubleheader vs. Papillion-LaVista @ Sherman Field
- 1:00 p.m. Freshman Baseball Triangular vs. Grand Island @ Lincoln Southeast
SPORTS FOR MONDAY:
- 3:00 p.m. Varsity Baseball vs. Lincoln High @ Sherman Field
- 4:00 p.m. Girls JV & Varsity Tennis Dual vs. Papillion-LaVista @ Papillion-LaVista
- 4:00 p.m. Girls Reserve Tennis Dual vs. Lincoln North Star @ LSW Courts
- 5:00 p.m. Reserve Baseball vs. Lincoln High @ LSW Field
- 5:00 p.m. JV Baseball vs. Lincoln High @ Sherman Field
- 5:00 p.m. Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Fremont @ Abbott 15
- 5:00 p.m. Girls Varsity Soccer vs. Fremont @ Abbott 16
- StuCo Flight Night Announcement: Attention Southwest students - Plans are underway for this years' Flight Night! Are you a rising star just waiting to be discovered? Do you have talents you want to share? If you answered yes, then you'll want to sign up and audition for Flight Night - Southwest's main showcase for student talent!
- Flight Night is coming up quickly - If you are interested in either being an MC, or showing off your talent as an act, information and the sign-up sheets are located in A114 and the E-Wing Hall.
- Color GUARD/FLAG LINE TRYOUTS will be April 8th to April 11th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the main gym, and on April 13th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the main gym.
- Attention Upperclassmen - Prom is coming up on April 6th, and you know what that means... PROM ROYALTY VOTING! This year's voting window will be open through April 2nd (ending at Midnight). Juniors will vote on their top 5 for Prince and Princess, and Seniors will vote on their top 5 for King and Queen. You will find the link to vote on the main page of the Southwest Website - so vote!
- Summer Opportunities/programs—make sure to check it out! Click on – Summer Opportunities or see the below web address:
- Spring football conditioning for those not out for a Spring sport is each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday beginning at 3:20. Meet in the athletic hallway. Coach King
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! for the spring musical 42nd STREET. Adults $10 and Students $8 Call the Box Office at 402-436-1335. ALSO Join us BEFORE 42nd Street for our pre-event dinner at SYLVESTER's Hideaway SPEAKEASY. Cost is $25 per person and separate from your show ticket price. Dinners are offered Friday & Saturdays April 12,13 & 19, 20. Meal is from 5:45p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Deadline for reservations is APRIL 4 , 2013.
- The Lincoln Area College Fair will be held on Sunday, April 14, 1-3 p.m. at the SCC Lincoln campus. As with the fall fairs, students should bring their barcode to the college fair so college representatives can scan their demographic information. Students who do not have a barcode should register for one at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org.
- Seniors and juniors, if you have not registered for Scholarship Quest or any of the national college scholarship searches listed on the Counseling Center's website, please do so immediately as there are several new scholarships that have been listed this week. While the majority of scholarships are for current seniors, eligible juniors who are registered with the searches will be notified of opportunities available to them.
- Seniors interested in speaking in graduation should stop by the main office and pick up a form.
- Below is the list for review session for the AP US History exam on May 15th, these are optional:
Thursday 4/4 - 7:30 A112, Unit I
Thursday 4/11 - 3:15 A112, Unit II
Thursday 4/18 - 7:30 A112, Unit III
Thursday 4/25 - 3:15 A112, Unit IV
Thursday 5/2 - 7:30 A112, Unit V
Thursday 5/9 - 3:15 A112, Unit VI
Monday 5/13 - 7:30 A112, Unit VII
Tuesday 5/14 - 3:15 A112, Unit VIII
- Wednesday, April 4 – Hastings College – 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 17 – Northwest Missouri State University – 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 22 – Southeast Community College – 8:30 a.m.