April 30, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 30 – Army Center End of the Year Bash – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Army Center (across the street from school)
- May 1 - Blood Drive
- May 2 - Blood Drive
- May 4 - Band Electronics Recycling Drive @ LSW Upper Parking Lot – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- May 7 - Election Day
- May 10 - Swing Night - 6:00 p.m. in Commons
- May 13 – Band/Orchestra Concert – 7:00 p.m.
- May 15 – Choir Concert – 6:30 p.m.
- May 16 - Senior Honors - 8:15 a.m. in Auditorium
- May 16-19 - Science Olympiad Nationals in Dayton, Ohio
- May 20 – Spring Recognition Pep Rally – 2nd Block
- May 20 - Athletics Awards Ceremony – 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in Commons
- May 22 - Final Exams Blocks 1 (9a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) & 2 (10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- May 22 – Senior Meeting to pick up cap & gown – 12:30 p.m. in Auditorium
- May 22 – Boy’s Varsity Soccer Banquet – 5:30 p.m.
- May 23 - Final Exams Blocks 3 (9a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) & 2 (10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- May 25 - Graduation @ Pershing – 9:00 a.m.
DO NOT MISS the final production of Silver Hawk Theatre's 2012-2013 season - The FACULTY SHOW - MOON OVER BUFFALO. Hilarious misunderstandings pile on madcap misadventures, in this "valentine" to Theatre Hams everywhere! Starring our very own:
- Elaine Harris
- Bob Henrichs
- Mel Hernandez
- Josh Hinrichs
- Jim Hill
- Angela Kramer
- Marla Payant
- David Tien
Tickets are on sale NOW! $10 for Adults and $8 for Students at the Box office or call 402-436-1335. End your school year on a funny note, and do not miss out on this great comedy!
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY:
- Soft shell taco; Turkey burger; Chicken strips or fingers
GIRLS SOCCER DISTRICT A-1 at Marian High School:
- Game 1 on April 29th @ 4:30 p.m. –#1 Omaha Marian vs. #4 Omaha Northwest
- Game 2 on April 29th @ 6:30 p.m. – #3 Bellevue East vs. #2 Lincoln Southwest
- Game 3 on May 1st @ 5:00 p.m. – Winners of Games 1 and 2
BOYS SOCCER DISTRICT A-6 at Seacrest Field:
- Game 1 on April 30th @ 1:00 p.m. - #1 Lincoln Southwest vs. #4 Bellevue East
- Game 2 on April 30th @ 3:00 p.m. - #3 Omaha North vs. #2 Lincoln Southeast
- Game 3 on May 2nd @ 7:00 p.m. – Winners of Games 1 and 2
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
- Invitation to LSW Students: The End of the School Year Army Center Bash on April 30th from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Army Center (across the street). Please come for FREE food (hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies) and drinks, plus GIVEAWAYS!!
- 2013 Graduates—Please check the list of 2013 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, by May 3, if there are ANY changes.
- There are still spots available in BryanLGH's Health Career camps this summer. For more information or to register, go to: http://www.bryanhealth.com/healthcareercamp
- The Wildlife Safari in Ashland, NE is still looking for students at least 16 years old for part-time positions this summer. This would be a great opportunity for students who like to work with animals or tourism! To apply, go to omahazoo.com and look under Career/Volunteer.
- Summer School materials are here! Registration for LPS seniors begins on April 22nd, LPS juniors on April 29th, and all other LPS students on May 6. The final day to register will be May 17. Tuition costs are $130 for 5.0 credits and $60 for each additional 5.0 credit course. Please see your counselor for the registration form or with questions you may have. Summer school will run from May 30 - July 11 from 8 am - noon. As a reminder, attendance at summer school is very strict. Students who plan to be gone on vacation, camps or clinics for three or more days should not register for summer school. Additional information can be found at www.lps.org under the Instructional Departments category.
- If you are a 16-18 year old student interested in economics, politics, or international relations, there is an international forum at Oxford University during August 2013. Additional information can be found at www.oxfordx.com.
- The YMCA is looking for high school students interested in childcare, lifeguard, or swimming lesson instructor summer jobs. See Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center for more information.
- Attention 2013-1014 Junior and/or Seniors: The City of Lincoln Parks and Recreation Advisory Board are taking application till May 3, 2013 to appoint one student to their Board for the 2013-2014 school year.The Board meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month @ 4:00 p.m.. They expect a monthly volunteer commitment of 4 hours helping with various committee and special projects. Additional information, and applications can be picked up in the Main Office at school.
- This is a good opportunity for students to experience the workings of City government.
- UNMC is hosting a Summer Health Professions Career Workshop at UNMC in Omaha from July 30-August 2. This is open to students entering their junior year who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and are interested in health professions. The total cost of the program is $275, which includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the day, program costs and fees, transportation while in Omaha, and chaperone and dorm room expenses. For more information or for an application, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center.
- Goodwill is hiring for summer positions. Apply online at www.lincolngoodwill.org.
- Summer Opportunities/programs—make sure to check it out! Click on – Summer Opportunities or see the below web address:
- Spring football conditioning for those not out for a Spring sport is each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday beginning at 3:20. Meet in the athletic hallway. Coach King
- Seniors and juniors, if you have not registered for Scholarship Quest or any of the national college scholarship searches listed on the Counseling Center's website, please do so immediately as there are several new scholarships that have been listed this week. While the majority of scholarships are for current seniors, eligible juniors who are registered with the searches will be notified of opportunities available to them.
Below is the list for review session for the AP US History exam on May 15th, these are optional:
Thursday 5/2 - 7:30 A112, Unit V
Thursday 5/9 - 3:15 A112, Unit VI
Monday 5/13 - 7:30 A112, Unit VII
Tuesday 5/14 - 3:15 A112, Unit VIII