May 7, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- May 7 - Election Day
- May 10 - Swing Night - 6:00 p.m. in Commons
- May 13 – Band/Orchestra Concert – 7:00 p.m.
- May 15 – Choir Concert – 6:30 p.m.
- May 16 - Senior Honors - 8:15 a.m. in Auditorium
- May 16-19 - Science Olympiad Nationals in Dayton, Ohio
- May 20 – Spring Recognition Pep Rally – 2nd Block
- May 20 - Athletics Awards Ceremony – 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in Commons
- May 22 - Final Exams Blocks 1 (9a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) & 2 (10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- May 22 – Senior Meeting to pick up cap & gown – 12:30 p.m. in Auditorium
- May 22 – Boy’s Varsity Soccer Banquet – 5:30 p.m.
- May 23 - Final Exams Blocks 3 (9a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) & 2 (10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- May 25 - Graduation @ Pershing – 9:00 a.m.
May 22- 7:50 - 8:55 Final Exam Preparation
9:00 – 10:30 Block 1 Exam
10:45 – 12:15 Block 2 Exam
12:15 – 3:30 Test make-up if necessary
May 23- 7:50 – 8:55 Final Exam Preparation
9:00 – 10:30 Block 3 Exam
10:45 – 12:15 Block 4 Exam
12:15 – 3:30 Test make-up if necessary
- Do you ever think of yourself as an entrepreneur who just happens to be a teen? Many
successful entrepreneurs start young. Learn more about getting a jump start at the Entrepreneurship Focus Program. Sign up for an informational meeting right here
in the building. Stop in the counseling center and register to attend on May 15th at 1:30 in the Counseling Room Conference Center. Students and staff from EFP will be here to share information and answer any questions you may have about the Entrepreneurship Focus Program. The last day to sign up is Friday, May 10th.
LUNCH FOR TUESDAY
- Italian Dunker; Polish Dog; Hot and Spicy Chicken Patty
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!!!!
- Boys baseball is going to districts Monday at 4:30 p.m. At Millard North. Winner will play Tuesday at 5 p.m.
- Girls Varsity Soccer State game Thursday May 9th at Creighton at 9 a.m. Winner to play Saturday May 11th 1pm at Creighton
- See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events - http://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi
- National Honor Society is collecting items for The Gathering Place (Soup Kitchen)
- Please bring paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, foam cups or financial contributions to room A117 TPC. Now through May 15th. Thanks Emily Johnson and Ali Love
- The Youth Leadership Lincoln program (YLL) works to enhance the knowledge and leadership skills of area high school students by motivating and empowering them to be committed to their community. The YLL program provides an interactive, hands-on experience in which students focus on developing leadership skills and a life-long commitment to community service. Participants have the opportunity to meet with community leaders from all areas of society and learn firsthand how youth leadership can make a difference.
- DO NOT MISS the final production of Silver Hawk Theatre's 2012-2013 season - The FACULTY SHOW - MOON OVER BUFFALO. Hilarious misunderstandings pile on madcap misadventures, in this "valentine" to Theatre Hams everywhere! Starring our very own:
- Elaine Harris
- Bob Henrichs
- Mel Hernandez
- Josh Hinrichs
- Jim Hill
- Angela Kramer
- Marla Payant
- David Tien
- Tickets are on sale NOW! $10 for Adults and $8 for Students at the Box office or call 402-436-1335. End your school year on a funny note, and do not miss out on this great comedy!
- There are still spots available in BryanLGH's Health Career camps this summer. For more information or to register, go to: http://www.bryanhealth.com/healthcareercamp
- The Wildlife Safari in Ashland, NE is still looking for students at least 16 years old for part-time positions this summer. This would be a great opportunity for students who like to work with animals or tourism! To apply, go to omahazoo.com and look under Career/Volunteer.
- Summer School materials are here! Registration for LPS seniors begins on April 22nd, LPS juniors on April 29th, and all other LPS students on May 6. The final day to register will be May 17. Tuition costs are $130 for 5.0 credits and $60 for each additional 5.0 credit course. Please see your counselor for the registration form or with questions you may have. Summer school will run from May 30 - July 11 from 8 am - noon. As a reminder, attendance at summer school is very strict. Students who plan to be gone on vacation, camps or clinics for three or more days should not register for summer school. Additional information can be found at www.lps.org under the Instructional Departments category.
- If you are a 16-18 year old student interested in economics, politics, or international relations, there is an international forum at Oxford University during August 2013. Additional information can be found at www.oxfordx.com.
- The YMCA is looking for high school students interested in childcare, lifeguard, or swimming lesson instructor summer jobs. See Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center for more information.
- UNMC is hosting a Summer Health Professions Career Workshop at UNMC in Omaha from July 30-August 2. This is open to students entering their junior year who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and are interested in health professions. The total cost of the program is $275, which includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the day, program costs and fees, transportation while in Omaha, and chaperone and dorm room expenses. For more information or for an application, please see Ms. Burk in the Counseling Center.
- Goodwill is hiring for summer positions. Apply online at www.lincolngoodwill.org.
- Summer Opportunities/programs—make sure to check it out! Click on – Summer Opportunities or see the below web address:
- Spring football conditioning for those not out for a Spring sport is each Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday beginning at 3:20. Meet in the athletic hallway. Coach King
- Seniors and juniors, if you have not registered for Scholarship Quest or any of the national college scholarship searches listed on the Counseling Center's website, please do so immediately as there are several new scholarships that have been listed this week. While the majority of scholarships are for current seniors, eligible juniors who are registered with the searches will be notified of opportunities available to them.
- Below is the list for review session for the AP US History exam on May 15th, these are optional:
Thursday 5/9 - 3:15 A112, Unit VI
Monday 5/13 - 7:30 A112, Unit VII
Tuesday 5/14 - 3:15 A112, Unit VIII