September 13, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Sept. 14 – Homecoming Dance 8-11p.m.
- Sept. 17 – Junior Meeting 6:30p.m.
- Sept. 18 – Blood drive
- Sept 18 - Parent Teacher Conferences 4-7 p.m.
- Sept 28 – Electric Recycle Drive 9am- 1pm
Pledge Readers for:
- Sept. 13 Austin O’Brien
- If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office J
LUNCH FOR : Friday September 13, 2013
- Country beef sandwich on whole grain bun
- Buffalo chicken tenders & whole grain breadsticks
- Turkey tettrazini
- Homecoming Ticket Sale Reminders
- If you are purchasing a ticket for your date both students need to be present at time of purchase unless from another school -Student must have their ID to purchase a ticket-No Temp’s
- No refund on tickets
- Guest of students must be under 21 or have permission from the principal
- All fines need to be paid prior to purchasing a ticket
- Tickets sales will be in the bookkeepers hallway
- Top 5 Things to Know about Pep Rallies
- Quick and safe movement to assigned bleacher areas.
- Respect speakers by remaining quiet, yet active listeners.
- Stand when teams enter the gym.
- Stand while the fight song is being played and sing it. (Words are posted on banner in the gym)
- Cheer appropriately when the dance and cheer squads perform.
You have been Caught! YAY!
- Movie Pass: Jack Wilke
- Movie Pass: Hannah Hoffman
- 1st in lunch line: Caitlyn Barry
- Premier Parking: Matt Anderson
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!!
- Sept. 12 Girls Varsity Golf at Pioneers Golf Course at 9 a.m.
- Sept. 12 Varsity Football at Seacrest at 7:00 p.m.
- Sept. 13 JV and V Cross Country invitational at Walnut Grove Park at 4p.m.
- Sept. 13 JV and V Volleyball at Omaha Marian at 4p.m.
- See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
Call the Box for reservations and information. 402-436-1335
- Ambassadors are seeking all 9th graders interested in applying for this school year. If you are someone who is interested in making a difference with students who are new to LSW; enjoy the opportunity to grow in leadership; committed to being a positive influence, compassionate and responsible, we ask you to come to the counseling center during the week of September 9-13th. Collect an application form and two reference forms from Mrs. Way, our counseling center secretary. All materials must be returned by Monday, Sept. 16th at 4 pm. and upon returning your application you will sign up for an interview in the week of Sept. 17-20th.
- Students are reminded to check the Counseling Center website.
- There are also links for following the Counseling Center on Pinterest, becoming a Facebook Fan, & registering for Zoho text message updates. Seniors will find links to scholarship searchesfor ScholarshipQuest and national search sites.
- Recent postings include info for the following opportunities:
- 2014 Youth Senate Program
- Wendy's High School Heisman Program
- Runza | KLKN Student-Athlete of the Month
- NLAC (Nebraska Latino American Commission) Essay Contest
- National Honor Society offers peer tutoring in all subject areas every Tuesday in the media center during PLC’s. If Tuesday’s don’t work for your schedule, or need additional help, fill out a Tutor Request Form to be paired with a one on one tutor. Forms can be found in the Media Center, Main Office, or the counseling center. Contact Chris Salem for any questions.
- Spirit week is starts September 9th Theme schedule:
- Monday: Neon day
- Tuesday : Fashion Disaster
- Wednesday: Twin Day
- Thursday: USA Day
- Friday: Spirit Day
- The Homecoming football game is on Thursday, September 12th at 7 p.m. at Seacrest Field. Our Homecoming dance is on Saturday, September 14th from 8 to 11 p.m. at LSW in the commons.
- Ticket sales for the Homecoming dance are available for purchase the week the week of Homecoming. Ticket sales begin Tuesday, September 10th after school. Students may purchase tickets the following dates and times. Please note that on Thursday, September 12th ticket sale prices will increase by $1. Tickets are $5 Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday ticket prices will increase to $6. We are encouraging students to purchase tickets on Tuesday and Wednesday rather than waiting till the last minute to get a ticket. Students may purchase a ticket using their credit/debit card. Please be advised that each credit/debit card transaction will incur a $.70 cent transaction fee. All fines will need to be paid before students will be eligible to purchase tickets. Students should check with the media center, the cafeteria and the main office regarding any fines prior to purchasing tickets that week.
- Tuesday, 2:10 p.m.-3:15 p.m.--$5
- Wednesday, 7:35-8:10 a.m.--$5
- Wednesday, 11:25-1:00 p.m.--$5
- Wednesday, 3:05-3:30 p.m.--$5
- Thursday, 7:30-8:10 a.m.--$6
- Thursday, 11:25-1:00 p.m.--$6
- We have the following college visits for the month of September:
- Hastings College Wed., Sept. 11th 1:00 p.m.
- Truman State University Thur., Sept. 12th 8:30 a.m.
- University of Sioux Falls Thur., Sept. 12th 10:15 a.m.
- Missouri Western University Thur., Sept. 12th 1:00 p.m.
- University of Nebraska Fri., Sept. 13th 9:00 a.m.
- University of Chicago Fri., Sept. 13th 2:30 p.m.
- Drake University Mon., Sept. 16th 10:00 a.m.
- Nebraska Wesleyan Wed., Sept. 18th 9:00 a.m.
- Southeast Community College (Lincoln, Milford, Beatrice) Thur., Sept 19th 8:30 a.m.
- College of Hair Design Thur., Sept. 19th 1:00 p.m.
- Midland University Thur., Sept. 19th 10:00 a.m.
- Bryan College of Health Sciences Fri., Sept. 20th 9:00 a.m.
- Joseph's College of Beauty Fri., Sept. 20th 10:00 a.m.
- The Secret Garden fall musical tickets are on sale. Sept. 26,27, and 28th at 7 p.m. $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for students. Call the Box for reservations and information. 402-436-1335