September 30, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Oct. 2 – State Thespian Meeting 4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 2 – Jazz/Orchestra concert 7:00 p.m. Auditorium
- Oct. 3 – Theater Booster Parent Meeting 7 p.m.
- Oct. 4 - Yearbook picture retakes
- Oct. 7 – Choir Concert 7 p.m.
- Oct. 10 – 11 FINALS
Pledge Readers for:
- Sept. 27 Justin Mescher
- Sept. 30 Shelby McKee
- Oct.1 Austin O’Brien
- Oct. 2 Nicole Gemar
- If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office
- Attention Friendship Club members: we will have our next planning meeting on Tuesday October 1st at 7:30 a.m. in B116. Please come ready to vote for club officers and as well as plan our Friendship Club activity for October.
- Bowling Team News……Bowling is one of the fastest growing sport in the USA. LSW Bowling has two great coaches that allow us to have both a girls and a boys team available. For further information, please contact Renee Okazaki (Managing Parent Rep) at email@example.com.
LUNCH FOR : Wednesday September 25, 2013
- Oven Roasted Chicken with a whole wheat roll
- Salisbury steak with a whole wheat roll
- Taco Burger on whole grain bun
You have been Caught! YAY!
- Misc.: Thomas Byrne
- Misc.: Shawntae Hollins
- 1st in lunch line:
- Premier Parking:
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!!
- Sept. 26 Girls Varsity Golf Invitational @ Highlands Golf Course at 8:30a.m.
- Sept. 26 Boys Varisty Tennis Triangular at 3:30 p.m. @ Nebraska Tennis Center
- Sept. 26 Boys Reserve Dual at 4:00p.m. @ LNS Tennis Courts
- Sept. 26 Freshman Volleyball Triangular at 5 p.m. @ Lincoln Lutheran High
- Sept. 27 Varsity Football at 4:30 p.m. @ Seacrest Field
- Sept. 26 Varsity Softball @ 9:00 a.m. @ Doris Blair Softball Complex
- Sept. 26 Freshman Football at 10:00 a.m. @ Seacrest Field
- Sept. 26 Reserve Softball at 11:30 @ Doris Bair Softball Complex
- See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
- Sister School Penpal Program - The LSW-Senshu Matsudo Penpal Applications are now available! If you are interested in making new friends and representing LSW on an international scale see Mr. Bittle in A105, Mrs. Jacobson in A204, or Mr. Smith in A213. Hurry, the deadline of October 1st is fast approaching to have them turned in! Completed applications may be turned in to the main office.
- Hungry??? Latino and Asian Caucas are selling Tres Leches Sept. 25th after school.
- We have the following college visits for the month of October:
- UNL Honors Program Tues., Oct. 1st 8:15 a.m.
- Washington University Tues., Oct. 1st 9:00 a.m.
- Northwest Missouri State University Thur., Oct. 3rd 9:00 a.m.
- University of Nebraska Kearney Thur., Oct. 3rd 1:00 p.m.
- Central Community College Fri., Oct. 4th 1:00 p.m.
- University of Wisconsin Mon., Oct. 7th 10:00 a.m.
- Peru State Tues., Oct. 8th 9:00 a.m.
- Wayne State College Tues., Oct. 8th 10:15 a.m.
- Saint Catherine University Wed., Oct. 16th 9:00 a.m.
- Vanderbilt University Mon., Oct. 21st 10:00 a.m.
- Coe College Tues., Oct. 22nd 1:00 p.m.
- University of Kansas Thur., Oct. 24th 1:00 p.m.
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture Mon., Oct. 28th 9:00 a.m.
- William Jewell College Tues., Oct. 29th 1:00 p.m.
- Clarkson College Wed., Oct. 30th 10:00 a.m.
- Here is an announcement for Latino Caucas: Thank You for all the members that have come to the Latino Caucas meetings on Thursday mornings. We are really excited about some of the things that are happening in the Latino Caucas. We will be having our 1st fundraiser on September 25th with the asian caucas after school selling the "tres leches" cakes. Want to know what a tres leches cake is? Ask one of the LSW Latino Caucas members. On October 28th will be the latino summit in Kearney NE and if you are interested in going please check with Dr. Kirkland, Mrs. Blanco, or Mrs. Kelley for more information. We need to know the amount of students going by October 1st. Don't forget if you are still interested in Latino Caucas the meetings are Thursday mornings at 7:45am in room A203.
- Did you know that the Lincoln City Libraries offers free homework assistance with online tutors, interactive chalkboard, & other features that are available to students from 2 to 4 pm daily? All students need to have s a library card. For those students who are worried about past fines, they can receive a waiver for $200 in fines accumulated before age 17. The Lincoln City Libraries also offers online test prep programs for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, & AP Exams. In addition to the Lincoln City Libraries, the counselors have also put together a list of additional academic resources for students, including additional options for online homework assistance. This resource sheet is available in the Counseling Center.
- Students are reminded to check the Counseling Center website.
- There are also links for following the Counseling Center on Pinterest, becoming a Facebook Fan, & registering for Zoho text message updates. Seniors will find links to scholarship searches for ScholarshipQuest and national search sites.
- Recent postings include info for the following opportunities:
- 2014 Youth Senate Program
- Wendy's High School Heisman Program
- Runza | KLKN Student-Athlete of the Month
- NLAC (Nebraska Latino American Commission) Essay Contest
- National Honor Society offers peer tutoring in all subject areas every Tuesday in the media center during PLC’s. If Tuesday’s don’t work for your schedule, or need additional help, fill out a Tutor Request Form to be paired with a one on one tutor. Forms can be found in the Media Center, Main Office, or the counseling center. Contact Chris Salem for any questions.
- The Secret Garden fall musical tickets are on sale. Sept. 26,27, and 28th at 7 p.m. $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for students. Call the Box for reservations and information. 402-436-1335
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible”