November 13, 2013 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Nov. 13 – College Signing Day
- Nov. 18 – First day for winter sports practice
- Nov. 18 - Pep Rally 9:30 a.m.
- Nov. 18 - Volleyball banquet 6:00 p.m.
- Nov. 20 – PLAN Test – Adjusted schedule – Sophomores only take the test - see below
- Nov. 21 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Nov. 23 - Winter Sports Picture Day 8:00 – 9:30
- Nov. 25 - Jazz/Show Choir Concert 6:30p.m.
- Nov. 27 -29 No school- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Dec. 3 Football Banquet 6:00- 9:30
- Dec. 6 Winter formal 6:00p.m.
Plan Test Adjusted bell schedule - November 20
0 9:45-10:30 (for those not testing)
3 11:32-12:02 1st Lunch
12:08-1:07 1st Lunch Class
11:38-12:04 2nd Lunch Class
12:04-12:34 2nd Lunch
12:37-1:07 2nd Lunch Class
11:38-12:37 3rd Lunch Class
12:37-1:07 3rd Lunch
Pledge Readers for:
- Nov. 12 Matt Pettit
- Nov. 13 Halle Hamilton
- Nov. 14 Yashmin Gorji
- Nov. 15 Grant C.
If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office J
LUNCH FOR : WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13
- Sausage pizza on whole wheat crust
- Chicken alfredo over whole grain rotini
- Whole grain grain chicken strips with a whole wheat roll
- Vegetarian- Vegetarian riblet on whole grain bun
You have been Caught!
- Prize.: Caleb Stoll
- Prize: Anastasia Shvets
- 1st in lunch line: Tanner Snell
- Premier Parking: Adam Ungvarsky
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!
WAY TO GO VOLLEYBALL HAWKS!!!!
Nov.14 & 15
- Varsity State Volleyball Tournament- Grand Island
- Girls Varsity basketball Jamboree @ NE High
- Boys Varsity Basketball Jamboree @ NE High – North Gym
- Girls JV and Varsity Basketball Marian @ Creighton Prep High School At 5:15 and 7 p.m.
- Boys JV and Varsity Basketball Crieghton Prep @ Creighton Prep High School at 5:15 and 7 p.m.
- Swimming & Diving Varsity Dual VS Lincoln East @ LSW at 6:00p.m.
- Boys Basketball JV and Varsity Tournament
- Girls Basketball JV and Varsity Tournament
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
- Dancing with the Emeralds - Thursday, November 7th - 6:30 pm - In the LSW Main Gym - LSW Emeralds will be dancing with their partners for 1st place. Emeralds will also be performing their new Hip Hop routine! Judges are Mr. Hastings, Mr. Salem, and Mr. James. Come and support the Emeralds! There will be concessions including Raising Cane's! See you there!
- Tickets go on sale NOVEMBER 12, for the Silver Hawk Theatre's winter production - YES VIRGINIA, THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS. $10 for Adults and $8 for Students. Inspired by a simple, poignant letter written over 100 years ago by 8-year-old Virginia O'Hanlon to the editor of the NEW YORK SUN Newspaper - and by the timeless editorial response printed on the front page of the SUN. Start your holiday season off with this soon to become holiday classic! Call the box office for reservations and more information. 402-436-1335
- The annual Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Animal Science Complex on November 22-24. The symposium is designed to introduce youth to careers opportunities and current issues in the beef industry, as well as offer education and practice in the use of leadership skills. For the second year, the NYBLS planning committee is inviting freshman and sophomores to participate in an effort to reach students at an earlier point in their high school years, as well as continuing to give them a quality hands-on program, the schedule and program have expanded into two sessions. The first will be geared toward freshman and sophomore students, held on Friday and Saturday. They will:
- get more of an introduction to the beef industry interaction with faculty about the current research, meat science, beef quality assurance, and marketing introduction to careers.
- will have the ability to put their team and leadership skills to work by completing a project
- will have the opportunity to do an infomercial about beef and the benefits of beef in the diet.
- At the Saturday luncheon we will conclude the first group sessions and the participants will show their final projects to parents and guests. Saturday and Sunday's sessions will be geared toward junior and senior high school students. This will follow the traditional route of NYBLS - more in-depth information about the beef industry, meat science, marketing and the opportunity to work with a professional chef. Teams will take in presentations, but will also have the opportunity to work with the chef to create a new beef dish utilizing beef flavor profiles. The culmination will be presentations in a "booth" atmosphere where UNL students and faculty can also interact with the groups about their projects.
- Four $500 CASNR Scholarships will be awarded to junior/senior participants!!! Your room and all meals are provided!
- To hold your spot in the Nebraska Beef Youth Leadership Symposium, complete the registration form and send them along with a check for the $30 registration fee by October 31st, 2013. The registration fee, after October 31st and no later than November 8th, is $50. http://animalscience.unl.edu/web/anisci/ANSCExtensionYouthProgramNYBLS
- We have the following college visits for the month of October:
- Peru State Tues., Nov. 19th 9:00 a.m.
- It’s not about having the skill to do something. It is about having the will, desire, and commitment to be your best. Robert Hernandez