February 10, 2014 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Feb 11 Parent/teacher conferences 4-7p.m.
- Feb. 12 WGDE Test (multiple-choice)
- Feb. 13 Pep Rally, 9:30 a.m.
- Feb. 13 Drama club meeting at 3:15 p.m.
- Feb. 19 WGDE ( Narrative)
- Feb. 20-21 Blood Drive
- Feb. 24 Jazz/Band Concert 7p.m.
- Feb. 25 WGDE ( Expository)
- Feb. 25 Potential Emeralds tryout meeting at 7:15 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
- Feb. 26 RGDE
- Feb. 26 Band/Orchestra concert 7 p.m.
- March 3 Start of spring sport practices
Pledge Readers for
- Feb. 10 Eddie Welles
- Feb. 12 Mckenzie Merrit
- Feb. 13 Mattison Merrit
- Feb. 14 David Lehmkuhl
If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office
- Students who have not registered for the 2014-15 school year, may attend a make-up registration session on Tuesday, February 11th from 4 to 7 pm in the Media Center Computer Lab.
- Did you know that the United States Naval Academy invites over 3000 students per year to participate in our summer programs? These programs offer your students a chance to visit Annapolis and experience the Naval Academy first-hand. N Our Summer STEM program is designed for rising 8th-11th graders who are interested in pursuing education in the science, technology, engineering and math fields. During the STEM program, students will be exposed to world-class lab facilities and have the opportunity to learn from some of the best college professors in the country. In addition, they will meet fellow students from all over the country that share a similar passion for learning. For more information check out the website at www.usna.edu/admissions.
LUNCH FOR: Monday, February 10
- Grilled Cheese sandwich on whole grain bread
- Savory roasted chicken nuggets with whole grain biscuit
- Tater tot casserole with whole wheat roll
- Vegetarian: Grilled cheese sandwich on whole grain bread
You have been Caught!
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!
- JV Wrestling Invitational at 3:30 p.m. @ Lincoln High
- Freshman Boys Basketball at 5:45 @ LSW main gym
- Reserve Girls Basketball at 5:45 @ LSW practice gym
- Reserve Boys Basketball at 7:30 @ LSW Main gym
- Freshman Girls Basketball at 7:30 @ LSW practice gym
- Swimming and Diving Varsity Championships at 10:45 @ Lincoln North Star High
- Varsity Girls Basketball at 5:45 @ Lincoln North Star High
- JV Boys Basketball at 5:45 @ Lincoln North Star High
- Varsity Boys Basketball at 7:30 @ Lincoln North Star High
- JV Girls Basketball at 7:30 @ Lincoln North Star High
- Swimming and Diving Championship at 2p.m. @ LSE
- JV Boys Basketball at 5:45 @ LSW – practice gym
- Varsity Girls Basketball at 5:45 @ LSW – main gym
- JV Girls Basketball at 7:30 @ LSW- Practice gym
- Varsity Boys Basketball at 7:30 @ LSW – Main gym
- Freshman Boys Basketball LPS Championship at 9:15 @ North Star High- Main gym
- Freshman Girls Basketball LPS Championship at 9:15 @ NE High- North Gym
- Varsity District Wrestling Tournament at 10:00 @Creighton Prep High School
- Varsity HAC Swimming and Diving Championships at 12:30 @ LSE
- Freshman Boys Basketball LPS Championship at 5:45 @ North Star- Main gym
- Freshman Girls Basketball LPS Championship @ Northeast- North gym
- Varsity Girls Basketball at 5:15 @ Ohama Benson High School
- JV Boys Basketball at 5:15 @ Omaha Benson High school
- Freshman Boys Basketball LPS Championship at 5:45 @ Northeast High- North gym
- JV Girls Basketball at 7:00 @ Omaha Benson High school
- Varsity Boys Basketball at 7:00 @ Omaha Benson High school
- Freshman Girls Basketball LPS Championship at 7:30 @ Northeast High – North gym
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
We have the following college visits for the month of February:
- Mon., Feb. 10th Midland University 10:00 a.m.
- February 12th Colorado Christian University 9:00 a.m.
- Wed., Feb. 12th Chadron State College 10:00 a.m.
- Tues., Feb. 18th Paul Mitchell School 10:00 a.m.
- Mon., Feb. 24th Wayne State College 9:00 a.m.
- Mon., Feb. 24th Truman State 10:00 a.m.
- Wed., Feb. 26th University of South Dakota 10:00 a.m.
- Wed., Feb. 26th University of Nebraska Junior Visit 9 a.m.
- Students -We are looking for Bright Lights Hogwarts Camp student assistants for next June 16th - 20th. We need you from 8:30 to 4:30 each day. Registration begins the 14th of February and ends March 21. Juniors can receive their GOPO hours all in one week. You can register by going to www.brightlights.org and find the place that says Classroom Assistant registration.
- Valentine flower sales - February 2- 13 - Orders will be taken every day before and after school. And during lunch in the commons. Orders from parents can be taken over the phone at the Box Office, by calling 402-436-1335, or email email@example.com, or fax 402-436-1524. VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER are accepted. Delivery will take place on Friday, February 14 in the Theatre Lobby after school. Passes will be sent to 2nd block teachers for student pick-up at the end of their school day. Orders for staff personnel will be delivered as they come in. Orders from outside florists will be received through the NORTH doors – Auditorium entrance. NO LATEX BALLOONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. $2.00 ea. for a carnation - $4.00 each for a rose
- 2014 Graduates-make sure and get your cap and gowns ordered. Prices go up after January. If you have not ordered you may do so online at: lincolngraduate.com. If you need financial assistance ordering a cap and gown, please stop by the main office for a form.
- ATTENTION SENIORS! Applications are now available for the Silver Hawk Theatre Scholarship. The deadline is March 7, 2014. Forms may be picked up in the Black Box or from the Counseling Center. The scholarship will be awarded at the theatre banquet held in May, 2014.
- Emeralds Tryout Meeting: Tuesday, February 25th at 7:15 am OR 6:00 pm
- Potential Emerald AND a parent or guardian must attend meeting
- Tryout Forms Due: Friday, March 7th
- Emeralds Interviews: Wednesday, March 26th
- Learn Tryout Dance: Thursday, March 27th
- Tryouts: Friday, March 28th
Lincoln Lacrosse Spring Registration Meetings - Informational meetings for the Spring High School Lacrosse season will be held at the Walt Public Library in Lincoln (next to the YMCA South) on Tuesday January 28th or Thursday January 30th, 2014. The meeting will start at 6:30. To find out more information visit our web site lincolnlax.net.
LPS high school students are now able to apply online for over 150 scholarships available through the Foundation for LPS at www.foundationforlps.org/ScholarshipApplication. Scholarships range from $250 to $10,000. All applications must be submitted online regardless of what the criteria stated in the past. Students create an application profile and the software will direct them to specific scholarships they may be eligible for. Multiple copies of required documents will no longer be necessary since these items (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendations, etc.) can be uploaded to their profile/application(s) once and linked to multiple scholarships. Applications are due by March 7.
EducationQuest will be presenting webinars on the dates listed below for parents and students to learn about the basics of financial aid and how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To connect, please the link that works for your schedule.
Monday, January 13 - 7:00 pm (CT) * Webinar link: http://eqf.org/1bpaM8Z
Wednesday, January 15 - 7:00 pm (CT) * Webinar link: http://eqf.org/1cOH1S5
Wednesday, February 12 -12:00 p.m. (CT) * Webinar link: http://eqf.org/1himQgz
To join the Webinar, click on the link under your desired date. The password is Presentation.Attention all you travelers! There will be informational meetings to learn about the fall break 2014 trip to Japan on Sunday, January 12th and Monday, January 13th at Lux Middle School. We will provide the same facts and tips about the trip at both meetings, so you need to attend only one. The Sunday meeting starts at 2 PM and the Monday meeting is at 5 PM. Please come to the Lux Multi-purpose room to get started on a trip of a lifetime! See Mrs. Mercure or Mrs. Sypal if you have any questions.
2014 Graduates— Please check the list of potential 2014 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, if there are ANY changes.