April 2, 2014 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 3 - Theater Booster parent meeting
- April 3 - Science Olympiad - Celebration Night at 6 p.m.
- April 7 - Hawk Food Market Day
- April 8 - NeSa for 11th grade students
- April 10-12 and 17-19 - Anything Goes Performance at 7 p.m.
- April 15 - NeSa for 11th grade students
- April 18 - No School
- April 22 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- April 23 - ACT test for all 11th grade students; no school for 9, 10, and 12
- April 24 - NHS Induction
- April 24 - Blood Drive
- April 29 - Incoming 8th grade visit
Pledge Readers for
- April 1
- April 2 - Matt Pettit
- April 3 -
- April 4 - Matt Pettit
If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office
- Saturday, April 26 from 9am-1pm is our bi-annual Electronics Recycling Fundraising Drive for the Music Department. If you are doing any spring cleaning and are finding some old electronics that you want to throw away, bring them to the recycle drive instead! We are going green! Anything that uses (or once used) electricity can be recycled! The company we use is called "Secure Recyclers" so you can bring your old computers or laptops without worrying about your files or electronic information.
- Student Ambassador Applications are available in the counseling center beginning April 1st-8th. If you are a 9th, 10th, or 11th grader who is interesting in becoming a student ambassador, please complete the application sheet, essay and have adults complete your recommendation forms. When you turn in your application to Mrs. Way, the secretary in the counseling center, please sign up for an interview at that time. Thank you for interest! Mrs. Finkhouse, Student Ambassador sponsor.
LUNCH FOR: Wednesday, April 2
- Whole grian corn puppies
- Chicken noodle soup with whole wheat roll
- Sub sandwich
- Vegetarian: Veggie roll
You have been Caught!
- Prize.: Taylor Woods
- Prize: Skylar Ketteler
- 1st in lunch line:
- Premier Parking: Phillip Pendergrass
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!
- JV Boys Golf invitational @ Pacific Springs Golf Coarse at 9:00am
- JV Girls Tennis Dual @ Lincoln High School Tennis courts at 4:00pm
- Reserve Baseball vs LSE @ LSE at 5:00pm
- Varsity Baseball vs LSE @ Sherman Field at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball vs LSE @ Sherman Field at 7:00pm
- Reserve Girls Tennis @ Lincoln East at 4:00pm
- Varsity Girls Tennis @ Pawnee/Gerrard Parks at 4:00pm
- Freshman Baseball vs Lincoln High @ Densmore Fields #1 at 5:00pm
- Varsity Baseball Doubleheader @ Norfolk Memorial Field at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball Doubleheader @ Norfolk Memorial Field at 5:00pm
- Reserve Boys Soccer vs Omaha Skutt @ Abbott 17 at 5:00pm
- JV Girls Soccer vs Omaha Skutt @ Abbott 18 at 5:00pm
- Reserve Girls Soccer vs LNE @ DenHartog Soccer Field at 5:00pm
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs Columbus @ Wilderness Park Soccer Complex at 5:00pm
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs Columbus @ Wilderness Park Soccer Complex at 5:00pm
- Boys Varsity Golf in Grand Island at 9:00am
- JV Baseball Triangular Vs Millard West and Millard South @ Millard South at 4pm ( rescheduled from 3-22-14)
- Track and Field Southwest Invitational @ LHS at 10:00am running starts at 11:00
- JV Baseball Doubleheader vs Papillion- Lavista @ Densmore 1
- Reserve Baseball Tournament @ Densmore Baseball Fields at 11:00am
- Varsity Baseball Doubleheader vs Pappillion-LaVista @ Fricke Field at 11:00am
- Freshman Baseball Triangular @ LSW baseball field at 11:00am
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs Kearney @ Baldwin Park Soccer Fields at 11:00am
- JV Boys Soccer vs Kearney @ Baldwin Park Soccer Fields at 11:00
- Varsity and JV Girls Soccer vs Kearney @ Baldwin Park Soccer Fields at 11:00
- Reserve Girls Tennis dual vs Lincoln NorthStar@ LNS at 4:00pm
- JV Girls Tennis Dual vs Papillion-LaVista @ LSW Tennis Courts at 4:00pm
- Varsity Girls Tennis Dual vs Papillion-LaVista @ Woods Tennis Courts at 4:00pm
- Reserve Baseball vs Lincoln High @ Lincoln High at 5:00pm
- Varsity Baseball vs Lincoln High @ Sherman Field at 5:00pm
- Reserve Girls Soccer vs Marian @ Abbott 15 at 5:00pm
- Varsity Boys and Girls Soccer vs Fremont @ Christensen Field at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball vs Lincoln High @ Sherman Field at 7:00pm
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events http://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi
We have the following college visits for the month of March:
- Wed., April 9th Bryan College of Health Sciences 10:00 a.m.
- Thur., April 10th University of Nebraska Medical Center (College of Nursing) 10:00 a.m.
- Thur., April 17th Southeast Community College (Beatrice, Milford, Lincoln) 8:30 a.m.
- Fri., April 25th Northwest Missouri State 10:30 a.m.
- Attention all 3rd Term Woodworking students: Please complete any and all projects that need to be completed and pay your bills ASAP. Those of you that have completed projects to pick up, please do so this week! Thank you, Mr. Hennecke
- Savvi formal wear is very excited to be teaming up with the six Lincoln Public School High School Booster Clubs. Savvi will be donating 25 percent of all prom tuxedo rentals to the Lincoln Public School Activities Assistance Program. This program helps to pay for athletic shoes and graduation caps and gowns for students with financial needs. Savvi can match any color and has the largest tuxedo warehouse in Nebraska, right at gateway mall. Tuxedos starting at $59.00! Sign up to be a prom rep and earn a free tuxedo or suit. From Euro-Slim to very traditional, Savvi has you covered for Prom!
- Seniors are reminded to register with ScholarshipQuest to apply for such scholarships as the ones shown below:
- Alpha Xi Delta-Rho Extraordinary Senior Scholarship
- Johnny Baxter Carriage House Foundation
- Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship Program
- Lincoln Rotary Club #14
- LSW Parents Advisory Council
- Phi Delta Theta's Clarence Rhodes Scholarship
- There are several community resources for students and families who are in need of assistance with clothing, food, housing, tax returns, & much more. Please visit the LSW Counseling Center's Student Resources to check out what is available. The newest additions are shown below:
- Student opportunities:The Omaha Zoo has seasonal positions open at both the Zoo and at the Wildlife Safari Park. If you are interested, go to http://www.omahazoo.com/careers/.
- The Joyce Ivy Foundation broadens the college aspirations of high potential young women from the Midwest, primarily through the Joyce Ivy Summer Scholars program. The Foundation seeks to provide exposure, encouragement, counsel, financial assistance, and employment support to young women who have the academic, intellectual, and leadership potential to attend the nation's most selective institutions of higher education. For more information and to apply, visit the website at: http://www.joyceivyfoundation.org/. Applications are due February 24, 2014.
- 2014 Graduates-make sure and get your cap and gowns ordered. Prices go up after January. If you have not ordered you may do so online at: lincolngraduate.com. If you need financial assistance ordering a cap and gown, please stop by the main office for a form.