May 1, 2014 - Student Bulletin
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- May 1 Drama Club Meeting 7pm
- May 2 Swing night 6pm
- May 5 Music Banquet 6pm
- May 8 FBLA Banquet
- May 10 Prom 8-12am Post Prom 12-4am
- May 12 Band/Orchestra Concert 7pm
- May 14 Baseball Banquet 6pm
- May 14 Choir Concert 7pm
- May 15 Theatre Banquet 6pm
- May 15-19 Science Olympiad Nationals - Orlando, Fl
- May 19 Girls Tennis Banquet 6pm
- May 19 Faculty Play 7pm
- May 20 Track Banquet 5pm
- May 20 Faculty Play 7pm
Pledge Readers for:
- May 1 Katie Imhof
- May 2 Matthew Pettit
If anyone is interested in saying the pledge, please see the main office
LUNCH FOR : May 1
- Chicken Fingers with Whole grain biscuit
- Whole grain Mac and Cheese
- Turkey burger on whole grain bun
- Vegetarian: Vegetarian Mac and Cheese
You have been Caught! YAY!
- Prize: Stephanie Ahrens
- Prize: Natalia Martinez
- 1st in lunch line:
- Premier Parking: Cole Villanueva
SPORTS: GO HAWKS!
- Varsity Girls Soccer Tournament @ Papillion La Vista School Stadium- Foundation Field
- Varsity Boys Golf Lincoln SE Invitational @ Holmes Golf Course at 8:30am
- Varsity Track and Field LPS Championship @ Scott Track Lincoln High at 1:30pm
- Varsity Baseball Doubleheader vs Grand Island @ Densmore Baseball Fields- Field 1 at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball vs Grand Island @ Densmore Baseball Fields- Field 2 at 5:00pm
- Freshman Baseball vs Elkhorn @ Elkhorn High School at 5:00pm
- Reserve Baseball vs LSE @ LSW baseball field at 5:00pm
- JV Soccer vs Millard West @ Millard West at 5:00pm
- Varsity Girls Soccer vs Papillion-La Vista Schools Stadium- Foundation Field
- Varsity Girls Tennis Invitational @ Grand Island Senior High Tennis Courts 9:00am
- Reserve Tennis vs Lincoln SE @ LSW at 4:00pm
- Reserve Baseball vs Omaha Skutt @ LSW baseball field at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball Doubleheader Omaha Skutt @ Omaha Skutt Catholic High
- Varsity Baseball Doubleheader vs Norfolk @ Norfolk Memorial Field at 11:00am
- Varsity Girls and Boys Soccer District Tournament
- JV Tennis Girls Invitational @ Fremont Tennis Courts at 8:30am
- JV Boys Golf Triangular @ Holmes Golf Course at 3:00pm
- JV Track and Field @ Seward at 3:30pm
- Reserve Girls Tennis Dual vs Lincoln High @ LSW at 4:00pm
- Freshman Baseball LPS Championship @ Densmore Baseball Fields at 5:00pm
- Varsity Baseball vs NE @ Sherman Field at 5:00pm
- JV Baseball vs NE @ Sherman Field at 7:00pm
- Varsity Girls and Boys Soccer District Tournament
- Varsity Boys Golf vs Lincoln Pius @ Arbor Links at 8:30am
- JV Girls Tennis Dual vs LSE @ LSW at 4:00pm
- Varsity Girls Tennis Dual vs LSE @ Woods Tennis Courts at 4:00pm
- Reserve Baseball LPS Championship @ Densmore Baseball Fields at 5:00pm
See the Lincoln Southwest Calendar for upcoming sports events
- Seniors – Make sure to check with cafeteria, media center and main office to see if you have any fines. You will need to have all obligations taken care of before you can pick up your cap and gown after the senior meeting on Wednesday, May 21st.
- Prom Tickets - Prom tickets are $15. Sales begin Tuesday, May 6th after school. All fines will need to be paid prior to purchasing your prom ticket.
- Swing Night - this Friday marks the 10th Annual Swing Night! We are looking to make this the biggest Swing Night ever! Get your tickets from Jake in the Theatre Box Office for $5. Doors open at 6pm, FREE dance lessons from Mr. Smith at 6:15pm, music begins at 7pm. This Friday, Jazz I and Jazz II will be playing at all 3 lunches. See you there!
- Juniors and seniors, now is the time to go the LSW website all this week for the final vote for Prom Royalty. The top nominations have been counted and 10 boys and 10 girls are on the ballot for Prom King, Queen, Prince, and Princess. Voting will be open until 11:59 on Friday May 2nd. Cast your vote today. Winners will be announced at Prom on May 10th. Also, for all students grades 9-11, vote for who you think should represent your class on Student Council next year. Voting is now open for you to take a look at the selections for STUCO and you can vote for one person from your grade to be automatically selected to STUCO for next year.
- If you have any questions about Prom or STUCO voting, please see Mrs. Salem in the main office.
- Seniors--In order to pick up your Cap and Gown on May 21st you will need to have all your obligations paid for. Make sure you check with the cafeteria, media center, office to see if you have any fines.
- 2014 Graduates— Please check the list of potential 2014 graduates posted on the Attendance Office window to make sure your full LEGAL name is spelled correctly. Diplomas will be printed as shown. See Mrs. Carman, Registrar, if there are ANY changes.
- Savvi formal wear is very excited to be teaming up with the six Lincoln Public School High School Booster Clubs. Savvi will be donating 25 percent of all prom tuxedo rentals to the Lincoln Public School Activities Assistance Program. This program helps to pay for athletic shoes and graduation caps and gowns for students with financial needs. Savvi can match any color and has the largest tuxedo warehouse in Nebraska, right at gateway mall. Tuxedos starting at $59.00! Sign up to be a prom rep and earn a free tuxedo or suit. From Euro-Slim to very traditional, Savvi has you covered for Prom!
- Ticket are now on sale for the 7th Annual Faculty Show - PAGEANT - The Musical! Come see the men of LSW become the women of PAGEANT in this not to be missed musical event. Performances are May 19 & 20, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. Cost of tickets is $10 for Adults and $8 for Students. With only two shows - you do NOT want to delay. Get your seats reserved TODAY!
- Any current freshman interested in being selected to participate in "Youth Leadership Lincoln" should pick up an application form either in the office or in the counseling center. Youth Leadership Lincoln is a program that works to enhance the knowledge and leadership skills of area high school students bymotivating and empowering them to be committed to their community. Applications including all references and permission forms must be submitted to Leadership Lincoln by Fri. May 16th!
- The House of Representatives is challenging students throughout the US to create smart phone apps. The deadline is April 30, 2014. To learn more, visit the LSW Counseling Center's website. If you have questions, please contact Rep. Lee Terry's District Congressional Office at 402-397-9944.
- Seniors are reminded to register with ScholarshipQuest to apply for such scholarships as the ones shown below:
- Alpha Xi Delta-Rho Extraordinary Senior Scholarship
- Johnny Baxter Carriage House Foundation
- Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship Program
- Lincoln Rotary Club #14
- LSW Parents Advisory Council
- Phi Delta Theta's Clarence Rhodes Scholarship
- There are several community resources for students and families who are in need of assistance with clothing, food, housing, tax returns, & much more. Please visit the LSW Counseling Center's Student Resources to check out what is available. The newest additions are shown below:
- Cedars' Basic Center Emergency Services
- Cedars' Programs
- Food Bank of Lincoln Mobile Distributions
- Free Community Tax Preparation & Filing of Federal & State of Nebraska Returns
- Lincoln Pantry & Meal Sites
- People's City Mission Homeless Prevention Center
- Section 8 & Subsidized Landlord Partners